Lowbie PVP - Stat Numbers to Aim For?

Hey folks,

Yes, yes, lowbie pvp... lame, bla bla bla I get it...

But I'm lvling up 2 toons right now, one of them only via pvp. These are my first toons, so I'm really just focused on continually improving cause as far as endgame goes, I plan on focusing mostly on pvp and want to be ready skill-wise and gear-wise.

But beyond focusing on how to win/getting familiar with proper strategy for all wz's/learning the intricacies of your class/stocking comms, what kind of stat numbers should I be aiming for in lowbie wz's to gauge my improvement? There's plenty of record threads for 50 reg/ranked pvp that shows what to aspire to and work towards, but what about lowbie pvp? What numbers are considered "great" or "elite"? In the last month and a half or so of pvp'in the highest I've seen is 399k damage and 365k heals... want to hear from some long-timers though...

Tayren - scoundrel healz Gibriel - slinger
    Pot5

Deleted
    Inflated numbers, especially for damage are utterly pointless. You can do 15k damage, kill the healer and help your team or you can do 150k damage attacking the tank kept up by said healer and be clue- and worthless.

What makes some sense is check how your numbers develop over time as long as your playstyle and other variables remain somewhat similar.

I'm modding all my toons so I'll just use the same approach I have with my lvl 50. Mainstat first, then the rest.

I played a IA Healer. So pretty much what you are playing. All i did was follow 2-3 people around and we stayed together as a group and i healed them. As to Gear at low level pvp just get a shit load of cunning. Cunning is what is going to increase your heals/dmg
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Cunning = Mainstat... first priority as mentioned before.

More important than gear is your playstyle. Try to stay out of a direct line to your opponents, use pillars to hide while having the range to your teammates. If you can manage that, you can additionally try to finish off low health opponents which increases the survivability of your team. Just remember that... the less you are dying, the more heals you can throw as you don't face the downtime while travelling. Another benefit of having a stealth healer... if you see a large group of opponents, finishing of the last of your team while the rest is still traveling, I'd rather let the last guy die and hide = you can mass stun them and with this, keeping them longer from capping than trying to heal against the damage which you won't be able to do anyway.

haha thanks for the replies, but not quite what I was looking for although the confusion is my fault. I meant "stats" not as in cunning, aim, willpower, etc, but endgame stats after a wz showing damage, heals, medals, objectives, etc. As I tried to allude to in my op, I fully understand that just focusing on padding your stats for ego purposes or to gain mvp votes is garbage, and above all my objective in lowbie pvp is simply to get better as a player and learn how to consistently win, regardless of the damage/heals I put up.

All that said, I'm still curious to know what's considered "elite" damage and heals in lowbie wz's? I guess I'm asking for lowbie pvp records haha, or at least what's the best heals or damage you can remember... (like I said, 399k damage and 365k heals is the best I've personally seen)

The highest damage I have seen in low pvp was 450k by a mercenary in voidstar, highest heal was around the same, also in voidstar. This are however exclusive results of special circumstances. In a normal pvp, a dps should be around 150-300k, same for a healer. However it also depends on the map, on your enemy and on your entire team.

Don't care about the numbers.... as long as you can support your team/ help them win you did exactly what anyone can ask from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Pre-50 bracket, having 200k Damage by the end is pretty solid. I can count on one hand the times I actually broke 300k. In order to get really high numbers you have to basically have DPS on both sides ignoring healers (that would also be on both sides). Healing gets a little trickier, and I don't have a lot of advice in that arena.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    In the Pre-50 bracket, having 200k Damage by the end is pretty solid. I can count on one hand the times I actually broke 300k. In order to get really high numbers you have to basically have DPS on both sides ignoring healers (that would also be on both sides). Healing gets a little trickier, and I don't have a lot of advice in that arena.
    @lvl11 gunslinger

@lvl13 mercenary

@lvl15 shadow

Last edited by Psychlon; 2013-02-21 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    -snip-
    Yep, those are solid damage numbers. It also looks like there were some great healers there as well.

Deleted
    Seem to be not only solid but also rare. For 15 sub-50 warzones and counting, I haven't seen anybody pass 200k damage. Highest I've ever seen in the bracket was 540k, followed up by massive accusations of cheating. Cheating or not that was a complete outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Seem to be not only solid but also rare. For 15 sub-50 warzones and counting, I haven't seen anybody pass 200k damage. Highest I've ever seen in the bracket was 540k, followed up by massive accusations of cheating. Cheating or not that was a complete outlier.
    I posted them also for the reason to show that you can do more than 200k before hitting the higher levels. It seems rather normal to encounter people, judging themselves entirely worthless because they don't have all their skills. That's not true however (and that is a reason why I like PvP in SWTOR) and just because you can't beat a lvl 49 with your lvl 10 in a one vs. one, doesn't mean that you can't win the warzone. That gunslinger for example has low lvl greens from Ord Mantell and it was my first warzone/ pvp experience with a sniper/gunslinger in this game.

I do find it interesting that I don't see 300k on a more regular basis when all settings are ready for it.