Thread: New PTR changes

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New PTR changes

Warrior
    - Reduced damage of Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow by 10%.
    - Yes this is a nerf in a sea of buffs, but the Bloodsurge and Arms Deep Wounds changes ended up being too much of a buff.

Seems like a huge overnerf considering the insane buff DK's have just got along with it too, suspect these changes would make 2h fury take the worst of it and probably leave arms as the best spec for next tier, Im guessing the nerf works out around 7% or more for 2h fury and less for the rest due to how this will effect Bloodbath damage and cooldown stacking as well.
    Good bye fury, hello arms?
    Last edited by Opeth69; 2013-02-20 at 01:54 AM.

Anyone remembers how all the changes to resource generation this addon came under the premise to not always have to readjust the class ? I am glad that this turned out as well as expected.
    Well not that another nerf doesn't really come too surprising - I don't feel that Blizzard is ever really content with warriors performing on the same level or in the same regions as a top ranged.
    Oh now I get the mentioning of dks - I thought this was about uh didn't realize the giant other buffs. Simply retarded.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-02-20 at 02:18 AM.

This is really stupid. How can they actually go with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    Seems like a huge overnerf considering the insane buff DK's have just got along with it too, suspect these changes would make 2h fury take the worst of it and probably leave arms as the best spec for next tier, Im guessing the nerf works out around 7% or more for 2h fury and less for the rest due to how this will effect Bloodbath damage and cooldown stacking as well.
    I really don't think bloodthirst + raging blow + cs damage + their associated bloodbath damage constitutes ~70% of a TG warrior's damage, which is what they would have to do if this nerf were to actually produce the 7% nerf you're trying to claim.

In addition to the haste buff and the bloodsurge changes I think claiming the sky is falling is a bit premature.

Edit: looking at my last vizier heroic kill, these changes would result in a drop of 3% damage as SMF, not accounting for the haste buff/bloodsurge changes.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2013-02-20 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    I really don't think bloodthirst + raging blow + cs damage + their associated bloodbath damage constitutes ~70% of a TG warrior's damage, which is what they would have to do if this nerf were to actually produce the 7% nerf you're trying to claim.

In addition to the haste buff and the bloodsurge changes I think claiming the sky is falling is a bit premature.
    25% of damage should be a reasonable number for their combined damage I'd guess. Doesn't really change that I hardly see a nerf necessary especially considering that amount of buffs to other specs. But I agree that it is a bit too early to call for the exodus from fury as I am not really that convinced of arms even with those minor buffs.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-02-20 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    25% of damage should be a reasonable number for their combined damage I'd guess. Doesn't really change that I hardly see a nerf necessary especially considering that amount of buffs to other specs. But I agree that it is a bit too early to call for the exodus from fury as I am not really that convinced of arms even with those minor buffs.
    Well in t15 gear for tg RB is likely to end up closer to 30% of dmg done, it might not be a 7% nerf especially for other specs but it is a pretty hefty nerf to tg compared to smf or arms, considering most fights next tier won't take advantage of tgs superior cleave its going to end up either arms or smf, arms being beyond dull on ptr and smf relying on execute which makes it less desirable for progression compared to other classes. The thing that puzzles me is how does ws procs come even close to making this nerf justified, and if so can't they revert it and the nerf too?

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    The thing that puzzles me is how does ws procs come even close to making this nerf justified, and if so can't they revert it and the nerf too?
    Not sure why they are changing it at all. Ws is such an irrelevant spell. But well while they are at it - I'd still want another 4p bonus.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-02-20 at 03:04 AM.

Deleted
    Raging blow is 19% of TG damage in tier 14 compared to 16% for SMF. We know that crit scales extraordinarily well for fury as it is - there's no other spec in game as far as I know which has a secondary stat overtake a primary stat on a 1:1 basis, which can be the case for TG setups, so we're going to scale very nicely with the much higher item budget as it is - could it be that blizzard are trying to pre-emptively address our extremely good scaling with a minor nerf now? Either way, these nerfs constitute ~3-4%, nothing to get panicked about.

Edit:
    raging blow + cs + bt = 26.5% for t14h smf, more like 29% including bloodbath
    raging blow + cs + bt = 33.3% for t14h tg, more like 36% including bloodbath

So pretty much a 3% nerf for smf, 4% for tg.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2013-02-20 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    I know which has a secondary stat overtake a primary stat on a 1:1 basis, which can be the case for TG setups, so we're going to scale very nicely with the much higher item budget as it is - could it be that blizzard are trying to pre-emptively address our extremely good scaling with a minor nerf now? Either way, these nerfs constitute ~3-4%, nothing to get panicked about.
    Not that I feel a statweight discussion matters at this point but if I am to believe the simcraft numbers it won't be the case in t15 and the values are about equal now. And yet I don't see any really good reason for it. But well we'll see how the tier will run.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-02-20 at 03:28 AM.

Does anyone know if the haste x 100% is just for your warrior gear or from rogue/UDK buffs as well? Haste will improve TG the most due to the biggest weapon speed change and 2 weapons. It should add a ton of attacks and add more ticks on deep wounds. I'm not very good at theory crafting at all but someone who is interested should just run white numbers for going from say 5% unbuffed to 10% unbuffed from the new haste boost. 3.6 goes from 3.42 -> 3.24 I feel like that will increase not only DPS but rage generation which overall improves dps. Might be an increase and not a dropoff at all when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoatOps View Post
    Does anyone know if the haste x 100% is just for your warrior gear or from rogue/UDK buffs as well? Haste will improve TG the most due to the biggest weapon speed change and 2 weapons. It should add a ton of attacks and add more ticks on deep wounds. I'm not very good at theory crafting at all but someone who is interested should just run white numbers for going from say 5% unbuffed to 10% unbuffed from the new haste boost. 3.6 goes from 3.42 -> 3.24 I feel like that will increase not only DPS but rage generation which overall improves dps. Might be an increase and not a dropoff at all when all is said and done.
    It's actually only 50% haste now. Yeah, they nerfed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Holy hell what the fuck are they smoking...

Those buffs to other classes are insanely over the top. All of the classes listed were already competing with warriors in both sustained AND burst in PvP. Now...it's literally no competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The only real problem I have with these changes is that it pushes an even bigger proportion of our damage to execute. They should've nerfed execute by 20% to achieve the same effect...

No they changed it back to 100% haste.

The csmash nerf is practially nothing, so we'll prob lose aroun 2-3% dps (depending on weather you're TG or smf) from this nerf. Not a huge deal, but a nerf is a nerf.

Man these nerfs are starting to add up. WTF?

Please note the Bloodsurge buff which gives us a lot of additional rage to put inside a CS window, so with this in addition to the crit scaling in 5.2, I wouldn't be overly worried that fury is now somehow nerfed to the ground. Would have been more surprised if one of the best stat scaling classes would have gotten away with only being buffed in the patch.

This isn't a major nerf. GC is right in a way, Fury damage is still extremely high, sims show 190k+ dps, which is pretty high from what I'm seeing from other melee damage sims.

This change isn't really going to make people go back to Arms lol. Arms needs major buffs in order to come even close to Fury. We're just barely touching 174k dps now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoatOps View Post
    A % speed increase will be equally useful to both specs. Haste isn't more powerful just because your weapon is slower.

The real reason fury is getting nerfed, as I predicted 1-2 months ago, is just because it scales THAT well with the new gear.