Deleted

Dear Horde - STOP PULLING WYRMBANE OUT OF HIS ROOM!

Dear Horde, I am today here before you to ask you to please, please stop one of the thing that is contributing a big deal to Horde's abysmal success rate on IoC. Surely we can do better than a 53% win ratio.

I know the urge to run away when Halford Wyrmbane focuses his terrorizing gaze upon you and is coming right at you. But you really, really, really can't run, I can heal you and will do so and so will other healers if they are in the room. You don't need a tank for him, a hunter pet can do or any kind of dps with the sole exception badly geared clothies.
    I know the urge to run away from bosses is deeply ingrained in most dps, but in this case it is a very, very, very, very bad idea. Halford is faster than you are, Halford knows where you are running, Halford will absolutely follow you all the way no matter where you are going, Halford will get a 600% damage buff if he leaves his room and he WILL murder you no matter what, running away doesn't change this in fact it just assures it will happen.
    And if you pull him out of his room, he will not only murder you but everyone else aswell, because the damage becomes unhealable, his jump alone will end up killing most of the people in his vicinity and thus eventually reseting the entire encounter unless he decides to go and graveyard farm you.

So please, please stop standing in the corridor or trying to run away when you're having aggro. Just moving into his throne room alone will negate the risk of this happening. I can't count how many games I've lost because people had to panic and run away when they got targeted by him, at least every second to third loss is solely because of this occuring giving the Alliance ample time to catch up and eventually win the fight.

53% win ratio is bad in a game where you would like both factions to have an equal win ratio? Wtfamireading.jpg

It is truly sad that so many ppl still have no idea how to play a 3+ year old BG. It doesn't help that map is filled with so many bots but those are rarely the idiots in the wrong area.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    same thing happens on Alliance :P happens in AV a lot as well, as soon as someone gets aggro they run out of the room, and then bitch when we lose the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    53% win ratio is bad in a game where you would like both factions to have an equal win ratio? Wtfamireading.jpg
    I have 65-70%~ win ratios on other battlegrounds, so yes it is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is truly sad that so many ppl still have no idea how to play a 3+ year old BG. It doesn't help that map is filled with so many bots but those are rarely the idiots in the wrong area.
    These people aren't bots, bots don't care if they die. I really can't fathom what goes on in their heads though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I really can't fathom what goes on in their heads though.
    Sure you can.

"OH GOD HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME RUN RUN RUN I DON'T WANT TO DIE OH GO-"

That bit at the end is when they click "release spirit"

These people aren't bots, bots don't care if they die. I really can't fathom what goes on in their heads though.
    I didnt say they were bots actually the opposite. Normally it is the toons botting that are in the correct areas in the map to fight and nodes to try and take.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Sure you can.

"OH GOD HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME RUN RUN RUN I DON'T WANT TO DIE OH GO-"

That bit at the end is when they click "release spirit"
    Just like the people that reset Drek...

If the boss gets on you, die like a MAN! Don't flee like a mage wimp.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This is definitely true and god I wish people would stop doing that but:

1) 53% win ratio is about what you'd expect, give or take 3%.

2) In my experience Horde's biggest problem is GETTING INTO THE DAMN KEEP once the gates go down. So many games I've seen Horde get the early advantage then stand around like idiots fighting the first thing in front of their face instead of killing the boss while the Alliance steamrolls through our base. I mean good god, considering nobody ever defends in IOC you'd think the one thing they could do right is zerging the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to add a little more... I play exclusively Alliance, and... while I haven't looked at my exact win ratio, it sure feels like I win Isle of Conquest a lot. Horde can completely cripple the Alliance team by taking out glaive throwers, but it seems we've gotten... "smarter?" recently.

The go-to "perfect" strategy for Alliance is:
    1) Get docks. One or two people head up to grab refinery.
    2) A small (though sometimes sizeable,) "suicide band" of people run to delay the horde at workshop. When they die, they stay at the Alliance keep, waiting with turrets to take out demolishers.
    3)When Docks caps, two or three stay back to guard the docks flag, everyone else travels with the glaive throwers to the overlook, CCing offending horde and THEN killing them.

Now, if the Horde don't manage to kill the glaives, then it's basically a guaranteed Alliance Victory. The horde are too busy standing around outside the Alliance keep with the demolishers, or running bombs, to defend their own keep most of the time.

If the Glaive throwers are destroyed, Alliance can try to run bombs using Catapults. Alliance usually manages to sneak workshop from the horde at this point, sending a few demolishers up North. If that fails, we can get the glaives when they respawn (Horde hardly ever counter a second glaive wave)

All the Alliance that have died have hopefully remained in our keep. If the Horde break down the gate, EVERYONE that is able collapses in to the keep to defend the boss in his room, wiping the horde, usually many times in a row. (as a side note, it's interesting to note that, in the reverse scenario when the Alliance break into a defended Horde keep, the horde usually try and defend the Courtyard) While kept busy at the Alliance keep, the horde are usually delayed enough that we are able to use a second Glaive wave to down their gates. The Horde, who are busy bashing their heads against the Alliance stocked up in our keep, usually have no more than a handful of straggling defenders in their own keep. A wave of Alliance then kills the Horde boss. I've won this way many, many times, sometimes after a good seven or eight minutes have gone by after the Alliance Keep gate has fallen.

I suppose if you wanted a guaranteed win as Horde, you basically need to kill as few Alliance as possible at the start, while simultaneously taking out glaive throwers. No offense+No defense = win.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-20 at 09:27 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This is definitely true and god I wish people would stop doing that but:

1) 53% win ratio is about what you'd expect, give or take 3%.

2) In my experience Horde's biggest problem is GETTING INTO THE DAMN KEEP once the gates go down. So many games I've seen Horde get the early advantage then stand around like idiots fighting the first thing in front of their face instead of killing the boss while the Alliance steamrolls through our base. I mean good god, considering nobody ever defends in IOC you'd think the one thing they could do right is zerging the boss.
    Its the same everywhere.
    Pll dint watch objectives i really want blizz to make Deathmach based BGS where you just have scores for killing ppl.Coz now mayority of ppl in BGs (not bots) just fight near the flag with other team and dint even try to cap it till they not kill everything which normally is rare case coz enemyes respawn from GY there

What a humourous thread And yes, I truly hate that little fucker who just has to run out and ruin it for everyone else. I suppose they at that moment get in touch with their inner rogue/mage, except they can't vanish.

and my dear faction (Horde): kill the fucking glaives. Sometimes I'm the only one killing the glaives, and I die for that. However, the biggest insult is that I communicate and say stuff like "1 glaive down, the other at 150k" while I'm waiting for ress, and when I go back to check on glaives, fuck me, the glaive is still there at 150k. Bloody hell, thank fuck for blacklisting. I just need one more win in there though, for Master of Isle of Shit, but... meh....

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you can take a page from the Alliance book in this one...

It seems people wont pull unless someone basically volunteers to do so. They'll stand right outside Agmar's room, just waiting... waiting... (though I've actually lost matches because people were so tentative to pull)

I've played this battleground... a lot, and I've only seen Agmar reset once by someone running out of the room while we were grouped up killing him (though we still won.) A few times he's been reset because people ran in, found the room full of horde, inadvertently pulled and then dragged him out as they tried to run, but I think that's different from what the OP is describing.

Whenever we break down their gates, I call out for any DKs in the keep to pop army of the Dead and blood presence (if I'm there, I'll do it myself)... It's usually enough to goad people into beginning to at least attack the boss, and army keeps him distracted for a good long while. I'd imagine it should work the same way for horde... Battleground sheep are battleground sheep.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-21 at 08:10 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Do you realize peple running out of Drekthar/Vandar/Halford.....etc dont read mmo-champion,do you?

To be precise they dont read anything,no guide,no forum,they play the game in a intuitive way and 90% of the people you are talking about does not even understand what "Dont reset the f****g boss!!" mean.Its like the classic "Dont stand in noob hill" on alterac...well,noobs dont know what noob hill is.

It is useless.Really...So I would suggest deep breath,count to ten,relax and dont get too annoyed because...its not gonna change in the near future.

they are either stupid or they are geifing.. and im not sure wich i dislike more of the 2..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    same thing happens on Alliance :P happens in AV a lot as well, as soon as someone gets aggro they run out of the room, and then bitch when we lose the game.
    was much more fun when they went outside to murder the raid , the fun i use to have with hunter pets in av <3

53% win ratio.
    53% is a percentage - not a ratio
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

While I get as angry at people who run out as anyone. Ultimately, Blizzard should just do something to make this impossible, letting one noob ruin a bg for 39 other people is a bit silly. Something like a one-way door would work, which allows you to enter the boss' room at any time, but not leave.

As they say: you can't win 'em all - or in this case, you can't win 65-70% of them all.