Poll: Best Healer for 5.2 Raiding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    So it looks like pallys and priest top 2. Shaman and monk middle and druids last.
    I'd put resto druids above shamans and monks honestly. That's just from what I've seen while healing on mine though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monks were sub-par in 5.0 and actually got nerfed slightly in 5.2. It certainly won't be them. I haven't seen any love for Disc either. So that leaves us the usual suspects. And if its the usual suspects, it'll be Paladin or priest.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Druids and paladins ruled Cata, Disc priest ruled the beginning of MOP, now next is Paladins again. Shamans and holy priests have been forgotten.

-----------
    I believe there is more stacking of healing classes these days and benching of weak healing classes.

In the past, when classes were more distinct in their abilities and buffs they bring, there was more reason to bring a diverse group.

Now that all classes are homogenized and buffs can be given by multiple classes, there is more reason to just bring several of the best class.

I don't think the homogenization of healing abilities (single target, AoE/raid) and buffs prevented class stacking, but perhaps reinforced it.
    Last edited by killidan; 2013-02-20 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Monks were sub-par in 5.0 and actually got nerfed slightly in 5.2. It certainly won't be them. I haven't seen any love for Disc either. So that leaves us the usual suspects. And if its the usual suspects, it'll be Paladin or priest.
    I think you got your patch numbres mixed up there? Along with ome other stuff? Monks were easily the strongest healer in 5.0.

Paladins are a little broken right now thanks to eternal flame; apparently blizz didn't realize that having a talent that nearly doubles the healing potential of your holy power might upset the balance some.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Hopefully Blizzard looks at stuff like this and will find a way to boost up the other 4 classes. Heck, they been working on 5.2 for months now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 02:59 PM ----------

Bump for more votes...

they worked real hard to avoid wrath of the dks all over again. but i wonder if that might be a bad thing

defo pallys, in both pve and pvp

Not monks.

So I'm power leveling a paladin atm. Triple xp. I'm dungeon grinding as holy with my hunter friend. Just hit level 66 and I have to say, I love playing this paladin. I noticed a lot of old bc/wotlk skills that have been drastically changed. Its almost like playing an entirely new class.

Deleted
    Im curious as to why people think paladins will be the best healer in 5.2. The pvp set is getting changed which 90% of all the top paladins on WoL is using. With that in mind I have yet to see a nerf and/or a buff to holy paladins in 5.2 meaning we will do same numbers as we are doing atm except for the fact that our beloved pvp set is useless.

Idk, they aren't really nerfing Fistweaving too much, and that's how I heal.(None of this uplift spam crap!) but I also think Holy Pallies are in a good spot and aren't receiving any significant nerfs. Can't say much for the other classes.