Poll: Best Healer for 5.2 Raiding

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What class do you think will be the best all around healer for 5.2 raiding?

I recently got a buddy to start playing again. ( RaF ) We leveled up to 80 in 16 hours play time. With that said, I rolled a monk tank and he rolled monk healer. He said it feels very strong and loves the play style. Got me thinking...

With 5.2 nearing and all these changes and people playing them on ptr, what class do you think would be the best healer in a raid?

Best all around Tank for 5.2 Raiding?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-5-2-raiding
    Last edited by Holyshnikies; 2013-02-20 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added info

10+ Year Old Account
    It definitely won't be Monks.

Makes me want to roll a Paladin if people feel like that will be the best

Paladins definitely seem to be the strongest healer right now besides disc priests. Honestly though it just depends on the group composition and your preference as a healer. Don't play something you don't enjoy =3

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing: Blizzard will never make holy pallies bad, because raids wouldn't know what to do anymore. They're so used to relying on hpals for tank healing that suddenly having their MT heals underperforming would be a huge issue. Which means Blizzard constantly keeps them ahead of the curve so as to avoid accidentally underpowering them.

So we can assume they will continue to be stupidly good for the foreseeable future. :P

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking resto druids with their new +10% to all healing

Anyone that votes for Monk is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Don't kill my dreams man!

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Why are monks not feeling love?

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Cause Blizz wants all Mistweaver PvE monks to re-spec Windwalker and PvP

I looked at some logs of high level monks when I still played it. Looked like fucking Uplift spam.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Id like to see druids and shamans get some love. But they probably keep them lower because of pvp.

Druid 5.2 Patch Notes, sadly this will probably only make us competitive - not the best.

- Cenarion Ward now grants 100% increased healing.

- Rejuvenation now costs approximately 9% less mana.

- The Treants summoned by Force of Nature now deal more damage and healing, and the Force of Nature tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets.

- Soul of the Forest - Restoration: Now grants 70% Haste on the next spell cast after the Druid casts Swiftmend.

- Nature's Vigil now has a 90 second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).

- Naturalist: This new passive learned at level 10 by Restoration Druids increases all healing done by the Druid by 10%.

- Wild Mushrooms will now gain 75% of the overhealing performed by the Druid’s Rejuvenation effects, up to a maximum of 100% of the Druid’s health in bonus healing, and growing larger as they do so. When Wild Mushroom: Bloom is cast, this bonus healing will be divided evenly amongst targets in the area of effect.

- Revive and Mark of the Wild now cost 55% less mana.

Plus a bug fix:

- It is no longer possible for a weaker application of Living Seed to overwrite a stronger one.

Tier 14 Resto Set Bonuses:

- T14 Restoration 2P Bonus - Reduces the mana cost of your Rejuvenation spell by 10%.
    - T14 Restoration 4P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your Swiftmend spell by 3 sec.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-02-20 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Blizzard kicked them in the balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they nerfed mistweaver monks and buffed disc priests when 5.1 launched, it pushed disc priests to the top. Now they're nerfing disc priests for 5.2 and since holy paladins were closest behind them, the strongest 5.2 healer is going to be paladins. There's pretty much no question about that in my mind.

I'd say the patch changes will leave holy paladins at the top, resto druids/holy priests/mistweaver monks all in the middle about equal to each other, and resto shamans and disc priests at the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    For several years now, Paladin has been the one healer that you never regretted bringing along. At least I can't remember any Paladin healer that I ever raided with to complain about getting benched for encounter X because they're crap at healing it (at worst, they were the designated tank healer due to their once-upon-a-time lack of significant AoE healing... but they were ALWAYS there and always had their strong and ever-present niches in the past). It's like Paladins don't get those ups and downs that other healers often see. They're just such a steady healer. You can rely on them to be a well-functioning class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Priest. I believe a Disc is the best Progress Healer. I do see why so many people did vote for a Paladin, but on the other hand it sometimes jsut really depends on the player itself and therefore every healing class can shine in 5.2

Paladins are easily the strongest all-around single spec healer. If you take priests as disc OR holy, depending on the fight, then it's a very close comparison though; disc priests will definitely be better than holy paladins on some fights, and even for the fights where they aren't, disc OR holy will certainly be competitive. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those two classes in 5.2. Personally, I'm fond of mistweavers too, but I don't think they can really compete with holy paladins, or a priest that can swap between disc or holy.

If you don't care terribly about being 'the very best' though, any of the remaining specs are still decent, and occasionally bring niche utility that may put them ahead for dealing with some mechanics.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

So it looks like pallys and priest top 2. Shaman and monk middle and druids last.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    When they nerfed mistweaver monks and buffed disc priests when 5.1 launched, it pushed disc priests to the top. Now they're nerfing disc priests for 5.2 and since holy paladins were closest behind them, the strongest 5.2 healer is going to be paladins. There's pretty much no question about that in my mind.

I'd say the patch changes will leave holy paladins at the top, resto druids/holy priests/mistweaver monks all in the middle about equal to each other, and resto shamans and disc priests at the bottom.

Disc priests will absolutely not be at the bottom LOL