Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    I go oom as prot.

    I genuinely go oom as a prot pally, scarily a lot of the time as well. I know the solution is just to wait up and use less useless spells (E.G holy wrath) And stick to the Holy power tanking ones, but still. Surely this isn't something Blizzard intended?

    I might be of the minority but I am still managing to make it happen. Here's a little about myself. IL 502 Going Hit and Exp cap and running haste spec. Before you go on about what your opinion is about haste spec, stop and don't even bother as every raid comp plays differently.

    Would post a link of myself but forums are down. Perhaps if you care so much you can check another site. Kaption - Twisting Nether EU

  2. #2
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    What's your seal?
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

  3. #3
    What seal are you using?

  4. #4
    Obviously I'm not using seal of insight or this wouldn't happen. Using Truth atm. The thing is I'm not asking WHY I go oom. I know full well why I go oom. BL goes off and Judgement and CS have like a 2 second CD so that WHY im going oom. I just thought that it seems like a disadvantage as a tank to have to actually get an innervate.
    Bare in mind I do like 90k + dps. I'm not using insight and battle healer because our healers are actually good.

  5. #5
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    So... you complain about an issue, you already know the possible causes, you tell us not to even bother mentioning those, and expect a solution from us?

    Well, I'm not rich, I'm quite poor. I know I should be working to have some sort of income, but every one lives differently, so don't even mention that. Now make me rich!
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

  6. #6
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,148
    Reopening for discussion - OP is not asking for help.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-02-20 at 03:32 AM.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by kaption View Post
    Obviously I'm not using seal of insight or this wouldn't happen. Using Truth atm. The thing is I'm not asking WHY I go oom. I know full well why I go oom. BL goes off and Judgement and CS have like a 2 second CD so that WHY im going oom. I just thought that it seems like a disadvantage as a tank to have to actually get an innervate.
    Bare in mind I do like 90k + dps. I'm not using insight and battle healer because our healers are actually good.
    Doesn't matter if your healers are good or not. Insight is better in pretty much every way. There's also no reason you shouldn't be lightening their load by using Seal of Insight. Truth has like .2 of the scaling as Prot.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kaption View Post
    Obviously I'm not using seal of insight or this wouldn't happen. Using Truth atm. The thing is I'm not asking WHY I go oom. I know full well why I go oom. BL goes off and Judgement and CS have like a 2 second CD so that WHY im going oom. I just thought that it seems like a disadvantage as a tank to have to actually get an innervate.
    Bare in mind I do like 90k + dps. I'm not using insight and battle healer because our healers are actually good.
    Truth isn't the go to seal anymore due to scaling for prot--the damage (and therefore threat) increase from using it is negligible. Stick with insight.

    As cpt said, helps out your healers a bit--doesn't matter how pro they are or not, every little bit helps, especially since you won't be outgearing content anymore when the new patch hits.

    Do you feel like you are having threat issues or are you just trying to max out your damage output? If your reason is threat, that is another matter.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-02-20 at 05:01 AM.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Truth isn't the go to seal anymore due to scaling for prot--the damage (and therefore threat) increase from using it is negligible. Stick with insight.

    As cpt said, helps out your healers a bit--doesn't matter how pro they are or not, every little bit helps, especially since you won't be outgearing content anymore when the new patch hits.

    Do you feel like you are having threat issues or are you just trying to max out your damage output? If your reason is threat, that is another matter.
    I believe Insight actually creates more threat anyway, as healing aggro, but still. Censure ticks are pitiful as prot. If they don't do much damage, they won't do much threat.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kaption View Post
    I genuinely go oom as a prot pally, scarily a lot of the time as well. I know the solution is just to wait up and use less useless spells (E.G holy wrath) And stick to the Holy power tanking ones, but still. Surely this isn't something Blizzard intended?
    As others have stated, you are intended to use SoI. Blizzard wants you to use it, that's why they nerfed SoT for Prot into oblivion.
    There's no point to ever use SoT as Prot as it does like 1500 DPS. Just check your own logs, SoT contributes for 3% of your total damage. Why would you want to sacrifice at least 20k hps (depending on the fight) for 1500 DPS?

  11. #11
    Epic! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by kaption View Post
    Bare in mind I do like 90k + dps.
    And SoT is what ? 500dps in that ? Useless

    I'm not using insight and battle healer because our healers are actually good.
    Yeah, and in my raid shaman don't use healing stream totem, nor do we use HOTs (lol at 10k heal tick), because our healers are even better...

    Someone don't really understand raiding mecanics here... And I'm afraid it's not me.

  12. #12
    You should always use Seal of Insight + Glyph of Battle Healer for progression. Always. It's fine if you want to use Truth on farm content to cheese ranks, but seriously, SoI + Battle Healer for progression.

  13. #13
    Brewmaster rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,327
    Seems like you're just creating problems for yourself that aren't really necessary tbh.
    Keeping it real since 1864.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Seems like you're just creating problems for yourself that aren't really necessary tbh.
    I agree.

    Also totally unrelated but I find the name of your 2's team really offensive OP...

  15. #15
    Ye, this is the exact reason why I mentioned seal twisting in another thread. If you stay SoT the entire fight you go oom.

    Like on Elegon. I switch to SoI either during p2 right when an orb dies and I have to run back to Elegon (only if my mana is low) or ideally, I change it on the pillars, and use the pylons to regain mana.

    I then switch back to SoT asap my mana is full before p1/p4 starts again.


    Similar on Gara'Jal. SoT while tanking him, SoI inside the spirit realm to regain mana.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  16. #16
    Why on earth would a `decent` pally use SoT..
    Seal of truth is garbage, Even if it is meant to be the `dps` one, it really isn't.

    Seal of Insight wins in every way, providing good damage and healing for yourself, and if you run a haste build you definantly want to be using this..?, if your healers want to rank, or act imba then switch battle healer glyph for a dps glyph (single target AS) or divine prot for melee reduction cd.

    You say you do 90k, Sustained? which fight, i doubt it is sustained unless you single tank something like Elegon, If it's burst thats actually really low. Using SoI i manage 100-150k+ and quite a bit more on Elegon, with atleast 10 ilvls behind you.

    If you really wanna ignore everyone shouting SoI, then;

    - Learn to seal swap when needed, or use divine plea when you can (not sure how good this is since i dont use the inferior seal)
    - Swap from haste build to mastery, haste is a bigger dps spec allowing you to spam your abilities more often, if you're using a seal that dosen't give you mana to use them abilities you can't go expecting to run a haste build.

  17. #17
    Divine Plea? As Prot? Wat.

  18. #18
    Elemental Lord MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    8,278
    I was going to say something relevant but then I read the name of your 2vs2 team and realised something - it matches your attitude. You come here knowing why you have a problem yet just moan aimlessly about it and want to blame something. For those who didn't see, here's the armory and scroll to the bottom...

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ption/advanced

    Say what you want but I'm not going to entertain someone who finds that sort of thing funny.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-02-20 at 12:45 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree.

    Also totally unrelated but I find the name of your 2's team really offensive OP...

    Indeed....
    It does shine some light on questions like his, though. Idiots will be idiots.

    Infracted for flaming. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-02-20 at 05:45 PM.

  20. #20
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,712
    Played with this guy before, total asshole. I pretty much told him to use SoI before and he called me a noob and other profanities. Any advice will fall on deaf ears.

    Infracted. No flaming. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-02-20 at 05:46 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •