Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    God I hate Arms. I really don't want this tier to be DS 2.0.

Honestly I agree - personally I find the current arms only slightly less boring as playing windwalker.

sorry arms

we reverted the nerfs to Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow. We planned on taking the damage out of Execute instead, but before we do that, we’re concerned that the actual problem is the legendary meta-gem being too good for warriors, and we don’t think it’s fair to nerf all warriors because of an item that nobody will have for some time. We may nerf the metagem for warriors instead.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=31#602

He also mentions they may change Reck to a 3min CD with a 30% inc crit chance instead of 50%; glyph would change as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    sorry arms

we reverted the nerfs to Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow. We planned on taking the damage out of Execute instead, but before we do that, we’re concerned that the actual problem is the legendary meta-gem being too good for warriors, and we don’t think it’s fair to nerf all warriors because of an item that nobody will have for some time. We may nerf the metagem for warriors instead.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=31#602

He also mentions they may change Reck to a 3min CD with a 30% inc crit chance instead of 50%; glyph would change as well.
    Oooh, not so sure I like that possible Recklessness change. Not much at all.

It lines up with Banner at least, I'd prefer that than going back to the 5 min reck after having it for 2.5 for so long.

30% crit would still put us over with 4pc slightly, might be better to stagger them with bloodbath still, but see what else they change

Deleted
    I'd love 30% 3min reck. Though, as someone in the thread mentioned, it's pretty weak compared to other classes' CDs, especially so for arms.
    Maybe remove the glyph, put reck baseline 3min 30% and 18sec.

the thing is 18 seconds doesnt really add that much for fury at least as you wont have a cs anyway and would have dumped all your rage

I'll just say nononono, No. I feel 30% would be way too low value especially for execute (or for any kind of guarantee of burst tbh). 50% Was too low for Cata due to low crit values from gear... I hated the nerf first from the guaranteed 3 special attack crits to basically 0-2 crits on cata. Now it's just getting to be "alright" again due to warriors being able to gem crit and get much higher crit precent, so the actual crit with abilities are somewhere around ~80% and not ~60% (while not even counting crit suppression). Arms with 50% reck currently feels too weak already, only execute really saves the reck use on the spec at single target (or some funny aoe situation).

But if it's going to go down like that, Recklessness really needs to give some additional benefit. Like guaranteed enrage procs even if the abilities won't crit, banner's crit damage build in - or something like that. Anyway, a way to give us some real benefit than a 30% increased chance of nothingness in the sea of rng we have. I still have these issues sometimes with ~80% crit during reck, that 3 out of 4 my executes just won't crit during reck + colossus running. Maybe 1 crit will be given after colossus when I have already burned all the rage, making the 5min cd feel like it should be max of 2min because it gave me so slight dps increase if nearly nothing at all.

I'm sure it was something to do with combat table rng, but this would just make it more and more useless for my luck at least. :/
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-02-22 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    the thing is 18 seconds doesnt really add that much for fury at least as you wont have a cs anyway and would have dumped all your rage
    Pretty much guaranteed enrage uptime doesn't count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Pretty much guaranteed enrage uptime doesn't count?
    People already have 75%+ enrage uptime. With gear, that will only increase. So no, it doesn't.

T15 4-piece gives 35% crit for 10s when using skull banner. With current reck, that puts us massively over the crit cap when used together. With 30% reck, it puts us right on the crit cap. Along with the ability to stack both together everytime, that seems like a pretty big buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    T15 4-piece gives 35% crit for 10s when using skull banner. With current reck, that puts us massively over the crit cap when used together. With 30% reck, it puts us right on the crit cap. Along with the ability to stack both together everytime, that seems like a pretty big buff.
    For SMF I'd say it's right on cap but TG will probably go over at least some.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Sure, it would be perfectly fine for 5.2, but what about 5.3 without the 4 set bonus? Or are we going to have a similar crit set bonus tied to reck again on 5.3, so it stays good? Also, what about the glyph of reck currently? Down to 15% crit with 18s duration, or reversed glyph with 50% crit and 5min cd again?

I'm not saying it's going to be bad, but they need to take many things into account to make it not suck without that 4 set. It just feels like a band-aid fix to tie reck's uselfulness on tier bonuses for PvE, so that PvP burst could be effectively nerfed.

Tbh I never got 4 set on current tier, because of 10 mans, shamans, hunters and monks. I'm still used to 5min cd, but I guess some got spoiled on it already. :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Sure, it would be perfectly fine for 5.2, but what about 5.3 without the 4 set bonus? Or are we going to have a similar crit set bonus tied to reck again on 5.3, so it stays good? Also, what about the glyph of reck currently? Down to 15% crit with 18s duration, or reversed glyph with 50% crit and 5min cd again?

I'm not saying it's going to be bad, but they need to take many things into account to make it not suck without that 4 set. It just feels like a band-aid fix to tie reck's uselfulness on tier bonuses for PvE, so that PvP burst could be effectively nerfed.

Tbh I never got 4 set on current tier, because of 10 mans, shamans, hunters and monks. I'm still used to 5min cd, but I guess some got spoiled on it already. :-)
    t15 is "only" 5% crit, which a new tier probably will make up for.
    The glyph is being reworked already.

And yes, after t14 4 set, it would feel really awkard going back to 5 minute reck, im spoiled

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    Oooh, not so sure I like that possible Recklessness change. Not much at all.
    Yeah I hope this doesn't make it to live either. I would prefer to just know all by BT's and atleast 3 of my 4 executes will crit in that CS window. However I think I see where they are going with it. Since some warriors have complained about being so back end heavy with our damage, reverting the CS, RB, and BT damage to current and doing THAT to recklessness could be blizz's attempt to make our damage more consistent??? Not saying I like it, but if that's the master plan and we keep scaling with crit like we do right now it might work.

Hrm. That -25% damage nerf to execute is concerning. Especially with the recklessness rebalance.