Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Demo and Destro buffs

Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame, Shadow Bolt, Touch of Chaos and Wild Imp Firebolt +15%.
    Soul Fire damage +22%.
    Conflagrate and Immolate damage +20%.
    Incinerate damage +10%.

Those are some significant buffs to destro.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly feels like all three specs are gonna be viable for PvE next patch.

These changes probably did not change all that much from a PvP perspective though. More sustained damage, sure. But chaos wave/chaos bolt damage is what really matters for these two specs, I guess. But who wants to PvP as anything but affliction anyways? >

Edit: Just read this:
    "Hand of Gul'dan, in metamorphasis form, is chaos wave. Does the 15% buff apply to the chaos wave too?
    Yes."
    Last edited by meekus; 2013-02-20 at 07:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post

These changes probably did not change all that much from a PvP perspective though. More sustained damage, sure. But chaos wave/chaos bolt damage is what really matters for these two specs, I guess. But who wants to PvP as anything but affliction anyways? >
    A 20% buff to conflag has got to be a decent pvp buff.

Don't forget the Gosac nerf but yeah, those are amazing changes oO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post

Edit: Just read this:
    "Hand of Gul'dan, in metamorphasis form, is chaos wave. Does the 15% buff apply to the chaos wave too?
    Yes."
    I'm assuming so.

I guess Chaos Wave is still a bit useless to use since ToC also had +15% damage.
    Anyway, I raid and pvp as DEMO, and even without the buffs, or possible buffs, would stick to demo

It's a refreshing change to see them buffing the specs that are a bit behind instead of nerfing the one that is in front.

Looking very much forward to playing destro in the next patch!
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

I am just not sure if the destro buffs are enough to make the spec viable as your primary PVE raiding spec. The demo buffs look quite good and will for sure make the spec very competitive.

I did expect some buffs, but did not expect them not touching Affliction. At least I have options for PvP now. I may still stay as Demo in BG's since rogues will be out of control early next patch. Destro and Affliction will still be strong in arenas. And destro will still be godly if a BG is a clusterfuck and they are just behind the melee throwing nuking people's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I did expect some buffs, but did not expect them not touching Affliction. At least I have options for PvP now. I may still stay as Demo in BG's since rogues will be out of control early next patch. Destro and Affliction will still be strong in arenas. And destro will still be godly if a BG is a clusterfuck and they are just behind the melee throwing nuking people's faces.
    Why are rogues going to be out of control? They're rather terrible in PvP right now, and the buffs they're getting is not all that huge.

although everyone wants this so they can play their fav spec in pve, im going pvp aspect...

This is insanly good pvp buffs, destro was already one of the best classes for RBG, no doubt this will be amazing buff.
    single target burst as well, 20% to those high conflag during cd, will cause us to do around 100k crits on fully pvp geard players.
    incinrate and immolate getting buffed - very good for RBG, also for arena's. might see locks start casting incinirate more then just spamming that boring ass felflame of mine.

demo get's buffed increadibly wanted, i playd demo on the ptr and i just loved the feeling of that spec, it has all the elements a pvp caster needs, high burst every 2 min, lots of passive and non-requirment-casting dmg (lol if your entire dmg comes from casts your bassicly shit in 5.2 with the uprise of meele's)
    a defensive stance which cannot be ignored.
    and now these super dmg buffs, i mean i crit ppl for 150k with choas waves in the ptr before these buffs, and 80k with touch of choas (all on fully resil gem tyrinical gear players)
    imps hit like a semi truck ( each on of them).
    Soul fire during cooldowns can hit for a nice amount. ( iexcept a nerf, since numbers going for around 133k crits on pvp players on cooldowns, get that with 2 chaoswaves afterwards and bunch of imps hitting for 10khits each, you get op)

probobly over excited about these, but i did calculated most of the numbers from the ptr, so most of this goes as it is.

my thinking of next patch will be, destro locks for RBG'S as dmg masters, and arena viable for all 3 specs, with afflic and demo pulling ahed from destro.
    but all pretty viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Why are rogues going to be out of control? They're rather terrible in PvP right now, and the buffs they're getting is not all that huge.

This is a serious misjudgment. I will not list and describe now WHY the Rogue bufs are so huge but advice you to check various rogue PVP discussions. Hint: it's not about direct damage buffs, it's about crazy mechanics.

I can confirm rogues are insane from arena's aspect on ptr.
    combined with an hybrid, spriest or elemental shaman (also cuz there is no battle fatiq meaning they got 30% more healing)
    rogues combos are insane.

insane dmg, and insane survivbility mixed with control.

BUT with a healer on 2's, on demo with DA you can counter every rogues dmg ad their parthners.

I just loled when i popped sac shield with DA spamming fury ward (more like using it, waiting for it to ends and using it again 2 charges)
    bassicly you get around 450k (sac+fury) shield with the dmg mitigiation sat in a smoke bomb with rogue and elemental going all out while healer was cc, and lived....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    (also cuz there is no battle fatiq
    That's supposedly a PTR bug, so the healing will be a little less of a problem on live.

GC just edited his post, 15% to HoG wont affect chaoswave for pvp concerns, eh i guess it's kinda true ( probobly aside locks, no one wants to get hit by 200k chaoswaves anymore)

^ I'm a lock and I also don't want to be in the receiving end of Chaos Wave, Chaos Bolt and Blood Fear. I always hated Blood Fear, but I felt it was needed for Affliction and Destro when you're caught 1v1. These two specs are so weak 1v1 against melee but very strong when paired with a healer and a peeler (preferably a frost mage).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    GC just edited his post, 15% to HoG wont affect chaoswave for pvp concerns, eh i guess it's kinda true ( probobly aside locks, no one wants to get hit by 200k chaoswaves anymore)
    Can you link the source. Because I just read the original Blue notes and
    Don't see him reverting the chaos wave +15%

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I'm assuming so.
    No - Notice how they listed Shadowbolt and its Meta counterpart: ToC. If Chaos wave got a buff they would have posted it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    No - Notice how they listed Shadowbolt and its Meta counterpart: ToC. If Chaos wave got a buff they would have posted it.
    Chaoswave got the 15% Buff, too. That's blue!