10+ Year Old Account

PVP Season ending March 5th?

So does this mean that's 5.2 is 3 weeks away now? You know, they should really keep quiet about "target dates". Just give the usual "Soon".
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Feb 26th was a "target date". when they mentioned that, they still hadnt said anything about the pvp season. but people jumped to conclusions as usual. now that we have a serious announcement about the end of the pvp season, we have a more confirmed idea of patch day. however., a major bug could delay the patch, but its very unlikely at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

March 5th is two weeks from today, and lines up with what was said on 02/12 in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...11142?page=1#1

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you’ve already made plans and sunk your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)
    That statement implies that there was at least 3 weeks remaining before 5.2 as of 02/12. Which puts the earliest release date at March 5.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    March 5th is two weeks from today, and lines up with what was said on 02/12 in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...11142?page=1#1

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you’ve already made plans and sunk your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)
    That statement implies that there was at least 3 weeks remaining before 5.2 as of 02/12. Which puts the earliest release date at March 5.
    If the pvp season is ending March 5th, that means that 5.2 will be March 12th doesn't it?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    If the pvp season is ending March 5th, that means that 5.2 will be March 12th doesn't it?
    No, it means that 5.2 will be March 6th.

Not usually. In almost every case the PvP season ended the same day as a major content patch. Only once has the PvP season ended the week prior (Season 6), but for some reason since that time, everyone seems to think that is how it always worked.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2013-02-20 at 07:35 AM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Not usually. In almost every case the PvP season ended the same day as a patch. Only once has the PvP season ended the week prior, but for some reason since that time, everyone seems to think that is how it always worked.
    I was under the impression patches always went live a week after the season ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    I was under the impression patches always went live a week after the season ending.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/PvP_Season

Since Season 8, every PvP season to date has ended on the same day as a major patch.

Deleted
    http://www.wowpedia.org/PvP_Season

Since Season 8, every PvP season to date has ended on the same day as a major patch.
    Wow, where have I been with my head all this time?

So does this mean that's 5.2 is 3 weeks away now? You know, they should really keep quiet about "target dates". Just give the usual "Soon".
    They said they were shooting for the last week of Feb but it would probably not happen.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015