Poll: Would you like to see a sequel made for the Simpsons movie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    No. In fact they should quit doing The Simpsons all together it's been ridiculously average for years now.

I hope they do but not holding my breath. I found the first one to be mostly funny (SpiderPig especially not to mention the Green Day death scene). Although as someone else pointed out I know the first movie was taxing on everyone. I think ultimately if they can come up with a great script they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Also, apparently Sideshow Bob did make some appearances in the movie, in fact Kelsey Grammar even recorded his lines, but they were cut from the final version (Whipp, Glenn (2007-07-28). "The Simpsons: a to Z". The Hamilton Spectator).
    It has been quite a while since I watched the movie myself, I'll watch it again this weekend to spot the character :P

I think a somewhat good concept of a second movie would be a mix with the ''Camp Krusty'' and the ''You Only Move Twice'' episodes. Bart and Lisa go to camp Krusty, which turns out awfull. While trying to run away, they spot Hank Scorpio's base, and are investigating the place. Meanwhile, Hank Scorpio visits Springfield as some kind of hero, and he recognises his old employer Homer Simpson. Hank offers Homer a new job, and eventually becomes his right hand. Homer does not know that Hank is actually an evil villain.

With Homer and Marge moving to Hank's base, Marge is slowly realising Hank's evil plans, and is trying to convince Homer to leave. Homer refuses and continues with Hank's plan for a massive nucleair missle, stolen from Burns' Power Plant. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa quickly return to camp to ask the aid of all the other kids, and agree to stop Scorpio. After having disabled most of Scorpio's guards, he eventually catches all the kids himself, and throws them in prison.

Also meanwhile, Krusty wonders where all the missing kids went, and decides to look for them to avoid angry parents sue'ing his ass off. He calls Sideshow Bob to help him, we need that character in the movie already :P. Marge finds the kids trapped, but gets caught herself aswell. Homer eventually finds out Hank's evil plan, but decides to keep a low profile to avoid getting caught himself.

The movie ends with Homer deciding to either rule the world with Hank, or dismantle the nuclaire missle and stay with his family. You can guess the outcome.

Some random idea's from my 2 favorite episodes :P

The Simpsons have run its course It shouldve ended about 10 years ago but matt groening seems to want to keep it going probably just to keep his staff employed even he who is a buff when it comes to TV must know the show is on its last legs

As for a sequel to the simpsons movie i personally didnt think much of the first one it had a few amusing jokes but was just mediocre had the movie been written in the shows hayday in the late 90s it couldve been fantastic

The simpsons used to be awesome, the humour was clever and witty and didnt need to rely too much on slapstick and cheesy celeb cameos which is just what the new episodes are full off

Just rewatched the movie like I said I would this weekend, now I'd definately want a sequel. I forgot how awesome this movie was, I got some good laughs out of it :P

My favorite joke was probably the chainsaw one

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    The first movie was decent but it wasn't anything spectacular tbh.
    It did show Bart's penis, never seen any other animated show doing that to their characters :P

10+ Year Old Account
    NO i think it probably got boring in the beggining for me i remember going to the theater and it was kinda boring but maybe if they did something else beside another dome thing id watch it

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    No. In fact they should quit doing The Simpsons all together it's been ridiculously average for years now.
    I pretty much feel the same way.

Honestly I think people just watch out of habit more then anything. I was like that watched it every week then one week I looked at my wife and said this isn't funny anymore...

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think the first one was anything special. Only reason they would make a 2nd film is the obvious pile of money they would get.

I don't think they should just cancel the Simpsons, its still a decent show to watch. Atleast better than many other new shows that won't get past 1 season. The latest Simpsons episodes have been pretty good, returning more and more to their roots. I still want to see Hank Scorpio back

What do you gain if they would cancel it anyway? A lot of fans would be dissapointed to see their long time favorite show cancelled

Deleted
    No, but I would gladly take another south park movie, more futurama movies works to.