Thread: Frost DK damage

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost DK damage

Apparently it was very low so blizzard buffed it a ton.

-Might of the Frozen Wastes to 20% melee damage, up from 10%.
    -Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 20%.
    -Blood Plague and Frost Fever damage +30%.
    -Howling Blast damage to primary target +23%. Damage to secondary targets remains unchanged. Note: the tooltip for secondary damage says 0.5 but it has been 0.8 for some time.
    -Scourge Strike damage +7.7%.

I'm not even mad. This just shows they dont balance the game with pvp in mind.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    But.... dk's doesnt faceroll anymore in pve they need buff!

Lol already getting hit for 400k oblits on my druid which is overkill anyway. I guess more is needed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Lol already getting hit for 400k oblits on my druid which is overkill anyway. I guess more is needed?
    If you get hit by 400k obliterate on your druid ur in full green leveling gear. There is no way in hell you have ever been hit 400k by obliterate. Stop lying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    If you get hit by 400k obliterate on your druid ur in full green leveling gear. There is no way in hell you have ever been hit 400k by obliterate. Stop lying.
    Or he must have had either his trinket up , the other PvP trinket proc , pillars, wsg or twin peaks enrage buff and every other buff ingame on him and a fucking lucky RNG hit

Or the 10000 PvP power trinket in panda lang plus everything i mentioned there ( exept the WSG buf)

Deleted
    Take another look at that article.

Practically every other class is getting a damage boost as well alongside this. DK's are really just being kept in line with everything else.

Not lying lol. Full dreadful with few malevolent pieces :S getting hit that hard in caster form without bark skin or iron bark.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Has PvP balance ever been a huge priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Or he must have had either his trinket up , the other PvP trinket proc , pillars, wsg or twin peaks enrage buff and every other buff ingame on him and a fucking lucky RNG hit

Or the 10000 PvP power trinket in panda lang plus everything i mentioned there ( exept the WSG buf)
    That trinket is 5000 PvP power, the tooltip is wrong. Not disputing your point, just making sure it's known.

Unholy was doing more damage than frost, this buff just puts frost back above Unholy for damage... a lot of people will still go Unholy for it's pressure.

I was wondering about that buff myself - the spriest one too.

First they're nerfing damage etc. now they're buffing it to hell. If you think burst is bad now, wait 'till the new season. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post

Practically every other class is getting a damage boost as well alongside this. DK's are really just being kept in line with everything else.
    except for warriors,they got nerfed-again.and if you think dks needed a damage buff-lol@you.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Apparently it was very low so blizzard buffed it a ton.

-Might of the Frozen Wastes to 20% melee damage, up from 10%.
    -Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 20%.
    -Blood Plague and Frost Fever damage +30%.
    -Howling Blast damage to primary target +23%. Damage to secondary targets remains unchanged. Note: the tooltip for secondary damage says 0.5 but it has been 0.8 for some time.
    -Scourge Strike damage +7.7%.

So just because I feel the need to point this out. Might of the frozen wastes buff is increasing damaging abilities besides obliterate, not a huge buff (still not needed though it would seem).

The disease buff is for all dk's, not just frost.

Why is scourge strike in here as a frost buff? It's an unholy only ability.....

I'm not justifying the buffs or anything, but if you're going to put things up, at least make sure they all have to do with what you're talking about.

Death Knights needed a damage buff? On what planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Death Knights needed a damage buff? On what planet?
    You, read V
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post

OT: Death Knights aren't at the top as it is, and a lot of other classes (as said above) are also receiving buffs - It only makes sense for DKs to be buffed as well. They could buff others a lot better, either through quality of life (Regen for Rogues, plix) or just pure damage - like more buffs for Unholy, Arms, etc.

Deleted
    The 30% damage buff on diseases will be fucking huge for unholy DKs. Guess we will see a lot more double healer comps next season.

meanwhile we still die in a shockwave / kidney bomb / deep / etc...

i don't think ALL these buffs were needed, but instead i think they should have buffed our survivability a bit more instead of our damage..

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    meanwhile we still die in a shockwave / kidney bomb / deep / etc...

i don't think ALL these buffs were needed, but instead i think they should have buffed our survivability a bit more instead of our damage..
    Yes and no. PvP wise, I completely agree Frost DK's need some love in the defensive compartment. In the PvE side, where this buff is pointed for, we would lag behind severely behind all other classes. If you read the complete article of GC, almost every single class is getting pretty significant buffs. So if they left DK's out we would be fucked for the rest of that patch.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Not lying lol. Full dreadful with few malevolent pieces :S getting hit that hard in caster form without bark skin or iron bark.
    It doesn't crit for 400k in pve gear on raid bosses......

10+ Year Old Account
    Its actually funny because most of those frost buffs are reverted nerfs from mop beta. That 10% damage buff for 2 handed frost is scary though. 2 handed Frost is like Arms, it scales amazingly well with weapons and weapon damage.

PvE problems aside, those Frost Fever and Blood Plague buffs are just going to make Unholy even have more powerful dot pressure. The scourge Strike buff isn't even needed to be honest.

No one can argue anymore that DK's won't be good in 5.2 anymore.