Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Just report it. Posting a post like this is technically against the rules.
    censorship is the instrument of cowards and traitors

btw twitter is also doing this

(NaturalNews) Social networking giant Twitter has released a new report outlining all subpoenaed, court ordered, and search warranted requests made by the U.S. government for private information about the site's users throughout the past year. And based on the figures, not only is the overall number of such requests steadily expanding, but Twitter is also increasingly being coerced into releasing this confidential data without legitimate probable cause or warrant.

During the first and second quarters of 2012, Twitter received a total of 849 requests for information, according to the report, about 80 percent of which came from the U.S. Roughly 12 percent of the requests made during this time came from Japan, while the remaining came from Canada, the U.K. and elsewhere. Overall, Twitter responded to 63 percent of these requests by providing some or all of the information requested, and rejected the other 37 percent.

But during the third and fourth quarters of 2012, the number of requests increased by nearly 20 percent over the previous two quarters. During Q1 and Q2, the U.S. government alone made a total of 679 requests, but during Q3 and Q4 this number jumped to 815 requests, representing a 20 percent increase. And even though Twitter's response rate to these requests decreased slightly from 63 percent to 57 percent between the first and second halves of the year, the figures suggest governments are increasingly seeking user data for internal purposes.

Private information shared with, or tracked by, Twitter could end up in the hands of Big Brother
    Twitter has indicated publicly that it tries its best only to divulge information when the law permits. But according to a Wired.com report, the site and many others are sometimes strong-armed by governments into handing over private data without even a probable cause justification. The Patriot Act, for example, and other unconstitutional mandates set forth mostly in the last decade provision that government agencies can gather intelligence apart from constitutional guidelines.

"Last year ... [Twitter] was forced against its wishes to divulge the tweets and account information associated with the account of Malcolm Harris, who was arrested in an October Occupy movement march along the Brooklyn Bridge," writes David Kravets for Wired.com. "Twitter fought for harris, but in the end lost, even though no probable-cause warrant was used by New York state prosecutors."

According to Twitter policy, the company tries to notify users when requests for data occur "unless we are prohibited from doing so by law or in an emergency situation." But in practice, only about 24 percent of the requests made result in users being notified, while the other 76 percent are processed discreetly. Twitter has also indicated that it keeps a detailed and "complex" log of its users' behavior that tracks their every move, information that could also be getting released to government agencies upon request.

Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    Just ingore this guy and he will go away. And while having mods lock/delete/close your pointless, inane ranting may be a form of censorship, you agreed to the ToS when you made your account, so either deal with the rules, or much more prefferably, don't post here anymore. And just claiming that FB is doing somethng offers absolutely zero concrete proof that they are doing anything. And seeing as how I don't live in the US, they can try to do whatever they want and nothing would happen. Your claims of what the government will or won't do are laughable. Providing proof of your identity and confirming your phone number via text? How's that tin foil hat treating you these days?

I have done nothing wrong. Just because you do not like what I have to say is no reason to silence me.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:40 AM ----------

Twitter turning over huge amounts of user data to U.S. government

google it. I cannot post links on this forum. Facebook is doing the same.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:43 AM ----------

The funny thing is, I am a Liberal. I am now getting an eyeopener in exactly how hypocritical 'my side' has become. It is disturbing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas jefferson View Post
    I have done nothing wrong. Just because you do not like what I have to say is no reason to silence me.
    Actually, conspiracy theories are grounds for infraction on these forums.

I'm sure they are. I'd still like you to prove what the Federal Government is doing with that data.
    The funny thing is, I am a Liberal. I am now getting an eyeopener in exactly how hypocritical 'my side' has become. It is disturbing to say the least.
    No, most people who qualify as liberals don't call themselves 'Liberal'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No, most people who qualify as liberals don't call themselves 'Liberal'.
    Yes; we are educated enough to know our specific classifications I, for example, am a social democratic-republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas jefferson View Post

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:40 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:43 AM ----------

That all depends on what your definition of wrong is. As far as I am concerned, posting baseless information on a forum and claiming it to be fact is wrong. So what if they are turning over information? It's not liek they can really do anything with that information. And, again, when you sing up to these sites/companies/etc, you agree to the ToS which states that they will share your info with appropriate parties. You don't liek it, don't sign up,

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yes; we are educated enough to know our specific classifications I, for example, am a social democratic-republican.
    Nope, you are clearly Schoolteacher Union Thug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Nope, you are clearly Schoolteacher Union Thug.
    That too. PAY ME MORE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone brought up the ToS for facebook a year or two ago. When I tested this by creating a dummy account, I was never prompted to agree or decline any ToS. Perhaps it is a link to read them that I missed. But there was no pop-up, "Please agree to these ToS"

I know that facebook uses and gives information out to police and others if they ask for it as part of an education. Just watch TV about any criminal who did some big attack. Like with Breivik they got access to his facebook from FB itself to investigate his groups and conversations to see if he had been planning the terror attack with someone. So in that sense anyone in the same groups that promote extremism was most likely flagged by the goverment as potential terrorists.

You do know that your cell service provider can pinpoint you to within 50 meters anytime you have coverage? Facebook pales in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a bunch of specious nonsense with nothing to back it up.

Closing