10+ Year Old Account

Season and and setting up a new RBG setup

So, they now announced it. And I have to start thinking about what my RBG team should run with next season.

Will DoT cleaves make a comeback with the nerf to warriors and hunters, and battlefatigue so DoT's can keep a higher pressure? Also, will warrior be taken down from the throne of the obvious flag carrier?

I am thinking of running with a Blood DK FC after some nice changes, will also definetly change my Holy Paladin with a Monk and maybe even put in a Disc Priest if the current changes goes live.

So, how does this look?

Blood DK FC

Unholy DK
    Lock (Most likely Affli)
    Boomkin
    Frost/Fire Mage
    Rogue
    Shadow Priest

Resto Shaman
    MW Monk
    Resto Druid/Disc Priest

Pretty solid spell cleave, would deffo have a hpally in there somewhere though :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Pretty solid spell cleave, would deffo have a hpally in there somewhere though :/
    If Disc Priests come back strong in 5.2 I think they can replace Hpala as the FC healer. With Priests grip and MW monks Ring Of Peace and Life Cocoon I really dont see any reason to bring a Hpala.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    If Disc Priests come back strong in 5.2 I think they can replace Hpala as the FC healer. With Priests grip and MW monks Ring Of Peace and Life Cocoon I really dont see any reason to bring a Hpala.
    I just personally always make sure i have one, the healing output and defensive they have are just outrageous, that's just me though, the comp you have there could go really high if played well with a decent caller/target caller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    I just personally always make sure i have one, the healing output and defensive they have are just outrageous, that's just me though, the comp you have there could go really high if played well with a decent caller/target caller.
    I've also always done that, but with the comeback of Disc Priest i'm not sure if thats necessary any more. Also, Bursty heals wont be very much needed with such good peel classes. I might be wrong and put in a Hpala instead tho.

You do not mention Guardian Druids anywhere for flag carrier. I am curious to know your justification for this because currently the only 2 fc's you want are Warriors and Guardians. Guardians have way better mobility than Warriors and just as much survival. Just my .02. Other than that I think I think your dmg comp looks pretty good. You definitely want a holy paladin. I would say something like pally, shaman and monk for healing core.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    So, they now announced it. And I have to start thinking about what my RBG team should run with next season.

Will DoT cleaves make a comeback with the nerf to warriors and hunters, and battlefatigue so DoT's can keep a higher pressure? Also, will warrior be taken down from the throne of the obvious flag carrier?

I am thinking of running with a Blood DK FC after some nice changes, will also definetly change my Holy Paladin with a Monk and maybe even put in a Disc Priest if the current changes goes live.

So, how does this look?

Blood DK FC

Unholy DK
    Lock (Most likely Affli)
    Boomkin
    Frost/Fire Mage
    Rogue
    Shadow Priest

Resto Shaman
    MW Monk
    Resto Druid/Disc Priest
    I think it's an ok setup, as said tho, might wanna stick either a war/Druid FC instead of blood. Not saying it cant be done with blood, but just seems those 2 out shine any others. As far as the disc priest, not sure how they are gonna do yet in 5.2, if the buffs help em out keep it, if not then yeah switch him out with an hpal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    You do not mention Guardian Druids anywhere for flag carrier. I am curious to know your justification for this because currently the only 2 fc's you want are Warriors and Guardians. Guardians have way better mobility than Warriors and just as much survival. Just my .02. Other than that I think I think your dmg comp looks pretty good. You definitely want a holy paladin. I would say something like pally, shaman and monk for healing core.
    Thats because the only reason you would choose a Guardian druid are if you want quick caps, and got a REALLY good Guardian that can kite forever. And the way its looking right now with the changes to Druids set bonus not working with other passive speed buffs it wont be worth it.

Good setup, but i think you're gonna want a warrior/guardian FC because of the mobility they have over blood DKs once you hit 10 stacks of flag debuff you're gonna need it

10+ Year Old Account
    so no one wants an arms warrior on there rbg team?dks and rouges over arms?i though arms was so op?guess not that much right?the more things change the more they stay the same!you might want to try a monk fc,i think they got some nice buffs.

What changes to blood do you think make them viable? Blood still has these big FC problems...

1.) Mobility. Only way to get out of bomb is to walk. No way to quickly get away from melee or to pillar. (ie, leap, charge, intervene)
    2.) Silence shuts down ALL defensive cooldowns. No AMS, no lichborne healing, no pet sac, no IBF, No rune tap, etc.
    3.) Disarms shuts down death strike.

So you have one of the least mobile flag carriers ( I would argue the least mobile out of all of them), a flag carrier that can be vortex beamed into a wet noodle, a flag carrier that could be shutdown by a single rogue with a disarm/garote and one that also could be a liability for solo node guarding to ninja caps.

Why exactly would you take a blood DK when you can get a warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    What changes to blood do you think make them viable? Blood still has these big FC problems...

1.) Mobility. Only way to get out of bomb is to walk. No way to quickly get away from melee or to pillar. (ie, leap, charge, intervene)
    2.) Silence shuts down ALL defensive cooldowns. No AMS, no lichborne healing, no pet sac, no IBF, No rune tap, etc.
    3.) Disarms shuts down death strike.

So you have one of the least mobile flag carriers ( I would argue the least mobile out of all of them), a flag carrier that can be vortex beamed into a wet noodle, a flag carrier that could be shutdown by a single rogue with a disarm/garote and one that also could be a liability for solo node guarding to ninja caps.

Why exactly would you take a blood DK when you can get a warrior?
    Not the changes to Blood, but the changes to Warriors and Guardians that makes them weaker. And also Conversion is a nice buff.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    so no one wants an arms warrior on there rbg team?dks and rouges over arms?i though arms was so op?guess not that much right?the more things change the more they stay the same!you might want to try a monk fc,i think they got some nice buffs.
    Thats right. With that setup a Unholy DK is definitely better them arms warrior. First of all, Unholy DK fits perfect in a DoT cleave, compared to warriors they have DoT's. They can also put up a high pressure with a massgrip in to ring/smokebomb/beam. And Rogues have smokebomb, and fits perfect to do everything with a mage. Also, the dk will be target caller.