Deleted

WeakAuras - showing global cooldown sweep on icons

Long time user of weak auras, but I have always missed being able to do one thing with it: to allow the ability icons to shows the global cooldown sweep (the clockwise sweep done on the standard blizzard buttons when the gcd is active).

It may be that it is possible to do so (perhaps via an animation), but I have never found the setting / a forum post explaining how to do this.

To give an example of how I use weakauras see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pSB8rfQQ0 Below my character some of the main abilities are shown available / cd progress. At the bottom you can see standard elvui buttons showing the gcd cooldown sweep each time an ability is used.

Any help given would be very much appreciated, since at the moment I'm using a double castbar (gnosis gcd castbar) to have the gcd sweep show near my screen (not shown in the video). I've posted this also in the weakauras forum, but those forums seem very inactive.

You could try playing around with the progress texture and having it opaque'd over all of your aura's but that would be extremely annoying to set up. As far as I'm aware there's no way to have it show the GCD "sweep" through WA itself though as an option.

Deleted
    As I'm really looking to get this sorted, would anyone know a non-weakauras way to do this ? Basically an addon that would allow to have a few select 'buttons' (which do not need to be able to be pressed or so, everything is keybound anyhow) with core abilities which also can show the GCD sweep near the center of the screen? In case one wonders why: on hardcasts I have no issues, but on instant casts I at times wrongly time the next ability (while gcd is on) and it does not get queued up (mainly while playing affli or demo).

Quote Originally Posted by rumbo View Post
    As I'm really looking to get this sorted, would anyone know a non-weakauras way to do this ? Basically an addon that would allow to have a few select 'buttons' (which do not need to be able to be pressed or so, everything is keybound anyhow) with core abilities which also can show the GCD sweep near the center of the screen? In case one wonders why: on hardcasts I have no issues, but on instant casts I at times wrongly time the next ability (while gcd is on) and it does not get queued up (mainly while playing affli or demo).
    You can do that with Bartender, and I'm sure other action bar mods can do it as well. Simply click the box that says "click-through". Another option is using a cast bar mod or WeakAuras for instance to set up a gcd bar.

Re original poster tho: Simply make a new icon, go into Trigger and click Status. Then scroll down to Global Cooldown. Set a reference spell that's on the GCD (and if you want untick the Automatic Icon on the first page if you don't want it changing every time you click anything that's on the GCD).

Example, with a cute kitten icon:

Code:
    dKcFbaGnLOMRs1SbDBvANOYEj7wQ9ls5Vi14ejdwj0WvLJjQwOiAXIWYf6HkLEk0YuI8CbtevPPkPjJKPt5YuDDj2SsQTRcFuP4Za(oQQFR41OkgTivpwvDsr5WOCAeNxfnmG(MsY0ucw5QkKimRnpUM999S)0HDwccKyN03P5H2iaE8XGxHbHXLsTSWRqkHuQkeomkvfghORQWBbAevLjtMWsBrcaGhvvy45qih76IlheCvkqzcJoaz665Zfs(tl0IeaapQQq785cdgZkbH(H3MWnWjbdM2IBNbsn8BHLGthEoeYXUUskS0(H3MqwXgHLGtxAIPKcdphc5yxxC5GGRsbktiRyJsiKqjCZwEf2LBnsaa8yqC5cPiHhKDM9NwywBECn777z)Pd7K(G(5g9NzbA(PtmNhIzEl8pdKA43kPmHhIlFbqqzsa

Zomg. I didn't even think of status trigger. In that case you could just add a trigger with that status option and have the aura activate on any trigger.

Deleted
    My humblest thanks for providing said solution, it indeed works and I'll get them incorporated into my UI. Thank you!

I am sorry for reawaken this old thread, but i dont get it. I want to show a GCD on my Lava Burst Icon (which shows me its remaining cooldown) and i took the Weak Aura String posted by Lissa, removed the kitty picture and moved the icon right on top of my Lava Burst Icon. Now i always get a simple green Icon when i invoke the GCD -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    you may have to re-assign the icon to show what you want it to show.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

If an icon or other texture is green then that means it is pointing to something it cannot find.
    The name/location might be slightly wrong, or a file not present at all.

If you didnt get it working yet:

Lava burst off cooldown showing the GCD: http://i.imgur.com/F9cnSt5.jpg
    Lava burst on cooldown showing its cooldown http://i.imgur.com/E3WKLDP.jpg

WA:
    Code:
    dOtZdaGluu12KKAMcH5sbmBvDtjjhMOBJspgr7eH9c7Ms7hf6NuGgMq63O6VQWqPGmyuWWrYbPiofksDmboNquluOgNkslwsvlxIhkP0tvwgfINl1errLPsyYi10fDruu60u5YKUovTrkO(SkTzjv2of1hPq6KQOmnksFNc1ifI8njfJwfX4rr4sOi5wOO4Ac68sINPIkJcfrVwfvncGatcbsSgZimFumwmAmAiWk61XTIkuk2TW9uyT(1ziUZMyXguimyvrWSgwGPmbL0sR0OEmRNvuC3RwAqeG5OXIqAwYidX(sNbypxsdbwH)keyS(pDqGejsKyKqaIaiWYI7E1ceyzfkfRtz6Bm1SAtmJ(86LpJmulN)0CJTy(wpAk9FcjRIymVvnR2et6toMV1dV1LigRP0)jKSkicdcJgIr67KZECIJwXshRsJe75sAiW8TEq(YUrmwH)keyS(pDqGejMV1JMsjrmwtPKqG1o79vqeGeJ8LDdbw7S3xXwKmPktiqIeROxh3kQqPyosUfJK)8ceGWuy4AcRU6OMEAnME65QjiYvFkQJzcdrIj9jh1J5TzXDVAbcSMs)NqYQGimimAismhnMrRL5WSEwrXDVAPbragTRPEzLZi5wSZSPwQtsQg4msUTnWO0)p2jswP9icPzzSV0jgjN)0CJTigjimcey0UM6LvwkjpFJXuKyKC(tZn2IymVnlU7vlqG1u6)eswfeHbHrdrIv0RJBfvOumhj3Iz9SII7E1sdIamhnwesZsgzi2x6ellU7vlqGLvOuSoLPVXuZQnXQLZFAUXwgzWqf(TODZidm5O0)zASMs)NqYQGimimAiMV1JMs)NqYQigZ36H36seJ5TQz1MysFYXi9DYzpoXrRyPJvPrI9Cjney(wpiFz3igRWFfcmw)NoiqIeZ36rtPKigRPusiWAN9(kicqIr(YUHaRD27RylsMuLjeirIejMzqeyAquKaa
    This was basicly what you asked for i assume, but you should probably play around with the display to make it look the way you want it.