External monitor flashing while connected to my laptop

Hey,

I recently bought a new monitor for my laptop so I could run dual screen with games on the new monitor (24'') and web browser etc on my laptop screen, however this wasn't as easy as I expected it to be. When I connect the screen to my laptop and set the settings up for dual screen, the monitor gets som small flashing going on in the background. This really annoys me while playing games and I cant seem to find the solution to my problem. I'm using a VGA cable and have also tried connecting a friends screen, but got the same results. My laptop is quite new, only a few months old, and my graffic card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M - 3 GB GDDR5 SDRAM.

Anyone got any solutins/suggestions to this problem? Thanks in advance.

Try a different cable. $5 VGA cable is not meant or capable of transfering perfect 1920x1080 picture, and could easily explain your problems.

Why not use digital (DVI/HDMI) cable anyway? Laptop that new should have connector for it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

VGA cable

Do you have a possibility to use DVI or HDMI instead?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

yes, i can try using a HDMI cable when i get home from work, and will let you guys know how it goes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 07:24 PM ----------

Tried connecting my laptop to my 32'' LG TV with a HDMI cable now and not flashing waves whatsoever. Gonna try the same with my BenQ pc screen when I get home from holiday and hope the results are the same.