Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Blizzard must open Patch-Based Servers

    (First of all, sorry for bad English) Wow is losing subscribers and I quitted from game, too. I played the game since 2005 but i quitted in 2013 January. I read a lot of comments about MoP, pandas, etc. Yes they're cool or bad. But lots of people miss the old times. Times like; first 40-man Raggy, first raids for world dragon bosses (Ysondre, Taerar, Emeriss, Lethon), the real and hard naxxramas 40-man, first Prince Malchezar kills, first Onyxia kills, Silithus PvP, Kel'thuzad's awesome voice in 1.12, first times at Ulduar and awesome un-nerfed icc (that was so epic) etc. People miss that. I heard it from lots of players read it from lots of forums topics. Blizzard must create a new system and open new patch-based servers. Players should play at 2.4.3, 1.12.1, 3.3.5 when they want. You are playing in 5.1 you got bored really. And what can we do? Achievements, lore quests, PvP, proffessions bla,bla or we can raid with our characters in 1.12.1 at old Naxxramas! You will say "if u want old patches so bad, you can try private servers" Yes I can try, but population, server bugs, do you understand me? It's not made by Blizzard. If we see the patch-based servers on realmlist, lots of people can try it, play it. I'm not saying Blizzard must open 10 1.12 servers, just create one 2.43 one 1.12 one 3.3.5 and see its popularity. Thanks for reading.

  2. #2
    Warchief Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,212
    No, they "must" not.

    Take off your rose-tinted glasses and realise that you are a minority.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    No, they "must" not.

    Take off your rose-tinted glasses and realise that you are a minority.
    So we need to become a majority before we get them? Wow has lost at least 2.4m of 12m subs .. Even though that's a minority that's a huge number of people. If wow's game play and "feel" was still closer/like TBC you wouldn't have lost so many people.

    You LOST subs right after the x-pac was released/Christmas time... THAT'S BAD ... Every quarter to come wow will start crashing in subs again.

  4. #4
    Someone must learn to structure their thoughts more coherently. I guess from all that you have you quit and now want Blizz to open a server dedicated to the period where you had the most fun. Good luck with that. Maybe it's time to move on completely.

  5. #5
    Warchief Velthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    2,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    No, they "must" not.

    Take off your rose-tinted glasses and realise that you are a minority.
    Exactly. The game is moving on.
    Also really new and fresh thread.

    Signature made by my best friend Aryiana.

  6. #6
    Warchief Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    So we need to become a majority before we get them? Wow has lost at least 2.4m of 12m subs .. Even though that's a minority that's a huge number of people. If wow's game play and "feel" was still closer/like TBC you wouldn't have lost so many people.
    Those things that happened in TBC sound awesome to us because they happened once and are no longer available. That is the magic of nostalgia.

    Give us the ability to go back there again and the magic is gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    So we need to become a majority before we get them? Wow has lost at least 2.4m of 12m subs .. Even though that's a minority that's a huge number of people. If wow's game play and "feel" was still closer/like TBC you wouldn't have lost so many people.

    You LOST subs right after the x-pac was released/Christmas time... THAT'S BAD ... Every quarter to come wow will start crashing in subs again.
    The game is losing subs because it is old. The prime time has come and gone. You cannot extend said prime. You cannot go back to it. Unless you have a time machine, the era when the game was new and cool and exploded in popularity is gone.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

  7. #7
    No no no no no. That is not the answer to anything. Those servers would be severely underpopulated and hardly used. Yeah. you would get a flow in the start and it would die of fast as hell.

    To save whats left of wow before its too late. They need to merge servers. Guilds are dying due to lack of raiders on each server. Impossible to find replacements. And because guilds are dying. People quit. The only real culprit in wow these days is the large amount of low/med pop servers and no server merge because they are terrified to lose their server transfer fee's

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Exactly. The game is moving on.
    Also really new and fresh thread.
    And based on your subs from TBC ---> Now its moving in the wrong direction ... Just saying!

  9. #9
    They can try it I just suggested to open 1 server for each. People can try it and see how hard and enjoyable it is. Players should play at current servers too at the same time of course.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Those things that happened in TBC sound awesome to us because they happened once and are no longer available. That is the magic of nostalgia.

    Give us the ability to go back there again and the magic is gone.
    Really? You're sure? I quit wow after they nerfed Cata heroics and I have been playing on a tbc server for almost a year now.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    So we need to become a majority before we get them? Wow has lost at least 2.4m of 12m subs .. Even though that's a minority that's a huge number of people. If wow's game play and "feel" was still closer/like TBC you wouldn't have lost so many people.

    You LOST subs right after the x-pac was released/Christmas time... THAT'S BAD ... Every quarter to come wow will start crashing in subs again.
    I doubt even 50% of those subs are because of lack of patch servers. Neither do i think they want other servers.

  12. #12
    Blizzard has already said many many times that this won't happen. Stop beating a dead horse, the poor thing can't take it any longer.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    So we need to become a majority before we get them? Wow has lost at least 2.4m of 12m subs .. Even though that's a minority that's a huge number of people. If wow's game play and "feel" was still closer/like TBC you wouldn't have lost so many people.

    You LOST subs right after the x-pac was released/Christmas time... THAT'S BAD ... Every quarter to come wow will start crashing in subs again.
    They lost only 500k .And its always like that at the end of tier.I played since 2005 and still do but I would never would want to go back there.Its the nostalgia bullshit that make you think you want to go back.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by lethlaren View Post
    You are playing in 5.1 you got bored really. And what can we do? Achievements, lore quests, PvP, proffessions bla,bla or we can raid with our characters in 1.12.1 at old Naxxramas! You will say "if u want old patches so bad, you can try private servers" Yes I can try, but population, server bugs, do you understand me? It's not made by Blizzard.
    So, according to you servers with old content have no players, yet you say Blizzard should open old content servers?

    What was it again you could do in 1.12 or 2.4 when you got bored?

    Level a char to 60 for doing 1.x content, a char to 70 for 2.x etc etc. Finding people that want to do the same will be a problem tho.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~

    ~Just because we can string words together to form what looks like a coherent sentence does not mean the sentence really makes any sense.~

  15. #15
    Warchief Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    And based on your subs from TBC ---> Now its moving in the wrong direction ... Just saying!
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc much?

    Subs exploded back then because the game was new. It is no longer new. You cannot maintain that freshness for an infinite amount of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    Really? You're sure? I quit wow after they nerfed Cata heroics and I have been playing on a tbc server for almost a year now.
    Exception that proves the rule. You are a minority.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

  16. #16
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,036
    People would most likely try it, then after a week be bored of the shit system, boring boss fights and all that crap you remember so well. Yes, classic WoW was awesome, it was great it was grand! But god damn, it's only because it was new, how the boss fights was, how you had to run around, how most hybrid classes was useless and all that. No no no, it would be fun for a week or maybe a month, then people would leave it realising how shit it realy is.
    TBC - great game, loved arena back there. But to have it back? Just think of it - simple HC dungeons was to hard for most of the community. So many guilds was stuck in Karazhan the whole expansion (Me myself only got to BT in the very end, though I was focused on PvP, my guild wasnt)

    Meh, the game was great in every expansion. Just wait for it, next expansion people will say Cata was awesome, as they say WotLK was awesome now. It's not because of the game, its because of the experiences, the adventures and the great friends you obtained on the road to where you are now. I remember WotLK as a great expansion just because of what I mentioned now - though I think that expansion ruined the term "epic", everyone got epics now. Heck, everyone are able to get legendaries. People dont socialize more than needed, they sign up for their LFD/LFR and rages when they dont win an item.

    Well, enough ranting from me.

    TL;DR - Bringing back old patches is a bad idea, and Blizz will never do it. You only remember the good experiences from back then, not the how crap the game realy was.
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

    Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

  17. #17
    Honestly I think it's time to find a new game if all that would keep you interested is re-living something you've already done.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    People would most likely try it, then after a week be bored of the shit system, boring boss fights and all that crap you remember so well. Yes, classic WoW was awesome, it was great it was grand! But god damn, it's only because it was new, how the boss fights was, how you had to run around, how most hybrid classes was useless and all that. No no no, it would be fun for a week or maybe a month, then people would leave it realising how shit it realy is.
    TBC - great game, loved arena back there. But to have it back? Just think of it - simple HC dungeons was to hard for most of the community. So many guilds was stuck in Karazhan the whole expansion (Me myself only got to BT in the very end, though I was focused on PvP, my guild wasnt)

    Meh, the game was great in every expansion. Just wait for it, next expansion people will say Cata was awesome, as they say WotLK was awesome now. It's not because of the game, its because of the experiences, the adventures and the great friends you obtained on the road to where you are now. I remember WotLK as a great expansion just because of what I mentioned now - though I think that expansion ruined the term "epic", everyone got epics now. Heck, everyone are able to get legendaries. People dont socialize more than needed, they sign up for their LFD/LFR and rages when they dont win an item.

    Well, enough ranting from me.

    TL;DR - Bringing back old patches is a bad idea, and Blizz will never do it. You only remember the good experiences from back then, not the how crap the game realy was.
    Sure boss fights were fun but rest of vanilla was just 1 big grind and lots of people forget about that.

  19. #19
    There are good alternatives, for one's specific needs, but we're not allowed to discuss about them.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    So we need to become a majority before we get them? Wow has lost at least 2.4m of 12m subs .. Even though that's a minority that's a huge number of people. If wow's game play and "feel" was still closer/like TBC you wouldn't have lost so many people.

    You LOST subs right after the x-pac was released/Christmas time... THAT'S BAD ... Every quarter to come wow will start crashing in subs again.
    And you are the only one to know the real reason those people left. And those servers you are suggesting are the one feature that would bring back all those people. And those servers wouldn't need any administration and would cost no money for Blizzard at all. And people wouldn't cry for balance or QoL changes for these servers, so Blizzard wouldn't need to invest dev time into them. Sure...

    /sarcasm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •