Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde races dont show armour well compared to alliance

I love the horde and dont want to roll alliance but i just feel that as horde if you want your armour displayed properly you have to go blood elf.and im talking more about the male models here, as a male in real life i want my toon to be male aswell.im not asking for whole new models infact i think that is a waste of resources, just make all the gear to be displayed properly and then make really great looking gear that would hide the bad models.

ORC- They need to lay of the steroids, there shoulders are just ridiculously big and it distorts the armour and that terrible hunch when looking from behind i can only see the cape with giant bulges
    TAUREN- Tauren arent to bad but id love an option for them to were boots properly, surely there hooves can fit? and the horrible clipping from the taurens hump ruins the cape and dont even get me started on the helms not one fits properly
    TROLL - gravity must be stronger in kalimdor what is with the hunchback? and scale down the feet so they fit inside boots
    GOBLIN- goblins shoulders are the opposite of orcs they are just so small shoulders are some of the best looking gear but i can barely see the detail also there feet are just gigantic paddles , make them smaller and have more height
    UNDEAD- undead is probably the worst of them all which is shame cus i really love there lore but i just cant play them the boots dont display properly and the huge tears in the arms and legs, i really wish there was an option to toggle these off.

granted alliance have the same issues with drainei and phased worgen but gnome,human,dwarf and night elf i feel all display armour correctly.

TL;DR Instead of redoing models they should just make armour display correctly(particularly horde) and put more time into armour models
    Im actually not funny, im just really mean and people think im joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy if they'd just fix back-mounted weapons on Tauren. The rested angle of any 2h weapon always cuts a cow tail in half.

they also seem to just be "stuck" there no sign of hilt or anything

Deleted
    Funny, I think UD displays armor the best without looking rubbery (BElfs). I just want the haunch gone from the Orc, can deal with the shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    Funny, I think UD displays armor the best without looking rubbery (BElfs). I just want the haunch gone from the Orc, can deal with the shoulders.
    I can't take forsaken seriously when they're wearing plate. They look the exact opposite of "menacing" with their giant cartoony bones poking through their pencil thin legs.

Likewise, I don't think Blood Elves carry themselves well in plate. Males are... passable, but the females just look too dainty.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    The Horde are savages, not knights. Simple as that, there's a reason for the armour "not being as shiny."

10+ Year Old Account
    orcs? armor looks best on them in my opinion and personal opinions differ.

as a troll, my feet are naked since day 1 though

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    The Horde are savages, not knights. Simple as that, there's a reason for the armour "not being as shiny."
    Its not a matter of them being shiny just that majority of horde races you literally cant see the armour properly because of the body shapes

The lack of boots for trolls and taurens and the visible bones on undeads were made on purpose. I dont think they will ever change it, even with the new models.

15+ Year Old Account
    some races arent supposed to wear boots correctly, if you had massive fuck off hooves you'd not care about putting silk shoes on them ;op

I do agree with a toggle option on the protruding bones on undead though, I will only ever roll an UD caster because of this.

Deleted
    Osteopathy needs to pick up as a profession on the Horde.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    Please try and read the thread before making pointless comments, Nothing you said has anything to do with what the OP made this thread about

OT I think UD look the best, I do get your concern though, I'm mainly Alliance, only have Druids on Horde so i get Tauren which i think also fit well, It's not really something I've worried about too much I guess it's one of those "what has been seen" issues lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think blood elf females look dreadful in everything but cloth. The real joke right now is how bad pandas look in gear.

I like me bones. No, really, I think undead look badass in plate armour. I can't play trolls though - find males completely unappealing and those feet... But yeah, most armour tend to show better on alliance races, I think. Except the DS pala helm, now that was some ugly shit, and I've seen some "special" individuals transmog to it o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    some races arent supposed to wear boots correctly, if you had massive fuck off hooves you'd not care about putting silk shoes on them ;op

I do agree with a toggle option on the protruding bones on undead though, I will only ever roll an UD caster because of this.
    what about plate gear though? they would no doubt be stronger then the hooves and also protect them from damage. at least an option to have the full boot model why make gear that cant be seen?

Deleted
    Female orc - That's all.

Female orc > all

Armors are also shown aswell on female trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they all look fine in general tbh.
    The only model issues I have are the Troll's cloaks always clipping everything to a ridiculous degree and also the way Tauren left arms bend to left which ends up making them look weird when they dual wield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, got Female Orc myslef and i think plate armor looks great on them. However cloth, especially robes looks crap, as well as their casting animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I'd be happy if they'd just fix back-mounted weapons on Tauren. The rested angle of any 2h weapon always cuts a cow tail in half.
    Most likely going to be sorted with the new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each race has it's own display of armor. The armor does need to fit to their body type. I think they all look fine.

The only thing I don't like too much is that Trolls and Taurens' boots don't display well.