Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Valeera Sanguinar to pave the way for neutral blood elves?

    for anyone who doesnt know who she is shes a character from the comics http://www.wowpedia.org/Valeera_Sang..._the_Lich_King and while she says she belongs to neither the horde or the alliance she also says she is loyal to varian and his son anduin and in wow showed up to help varian during the battle for undercity.

    so i was thinking since aethas obviously wouldnt be the one vying for neutrality now maybe in the next expansion or something valeera could be the one to bring some of the blood elves back into the alliance through her friendship with varian. it would also open up some more room for strong female characters without "poofing" them out of nowhere which blizzard has said they would like to work on adding more of.

    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #2
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,524
    Since none of us know whats going to happen at the end of mists and how loyalties and faction tensions will resolve themselves, you can't really speculate much on what certains races will follow and how after Garrosh it gotten rid of, if acts of peace will be made or if things get worse as a result.

    Remember how they first played it that Lor'themar was considering old alliances with the alliance with how Garrosh was acting, and THEN Jaina went ape shit on the sunreavers and declared dalaran for the alliance, pushing lor'themar into action to fight against her and her forces.

    The blood elves have even less reason to side with someone who works alongside the ruler of the alliance after what Jaina did to sunreavers, so your just going to have to wait and see how these matters resolve themselves over time.

  3. #3
    She's "just" a rogue, she doesn't have any experience as a leader and is very young, so I don't think she's going to bring back Blood Elves to Alliance as long as Lor'themar is leading them.

  4. #4
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,435
    If they want to introduce neutral blood elves the entirety of Quel'thalas should be neutral, not some social outcasts the high elves fill that niche already.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  5. #5
    Blizz isn't going to make Blood elfs Neutral ever. Now i highly doubt it but they may one day add high elfs to the alliance.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,149
    No.
    First off we don't need neutral Blood Elves, if such a thing were to happen we already have High Elves. Then Valeera isn't a leader of any sort.

    People love suggesting these Blood Elf suggestions, but they forget that a Alliance race would have to go neutral which is unlikely. While people bring up the idea of Draenei, that simply doesn't work because neutral playable races are the same race but with some sort of difference that separates the two as opposing forces and Draenei are not currently a race that look like they would split for any reason.

    Lastly and most importantly it would go against their current development. Their current story is there i entrench them as a valued member of the Horde that does have a place in the faction with beliefs that compliment the other races now unlike when they first joined. For them to just split off would wreck that development.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-20 at 05:09 PM.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,508
    No, she has no political power or renown whatsoever, she's barely even a familiar with their culture since she was separated from other blood elves as a child.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  8. #8
    Wouldnt balance out, Ally get Blood Elves, whatre the horde going to get? If High Elves were ever to be given to the Alliance, it wouldve been in BC, and Horde wouldve gotten Ogres.

    Plus i cant remember a source, maybe a blizzcon one year, but i dont think blizz like to merge the Comic characters into the Game, with the exception of Anduin and the arena guys appearing once or twice during an event (pre cata SW). Similar to how in comics me'dan is this mary sue badass, but a peep of him isnt heard in game.

  9. #9
    Forums always seem to fill up with people spouting great ideals but its usually best that if you think you have an ideal that everyone will love then you should keep it to yourself because no one will love it. It's just you.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Lostwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the couch
    Posts
    988
    What would be the gain exactly?

    This game is founded on the rivalry between the two factions and certainly thrives on the rivalry between the two player groups.

    Edit: Blurring the lines will not work out for the best. They made that clear by refusing the cross faction chat, for example.
    Last edited by Lostwood; 2013-02-20 at 05:19 PM.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    No, since she hasn´t played any active role on the horde side. If she was to act as any kind of a buffer between the sides for the blood elves then she would have allready, or there would have been even a slight hint at some interaction in the game.

    At best she is a blood elf gone alliance. With the odd shot of turning up neutral here and there in the game, and then it would only be for gameplay reasons.

    Also how on earth does "neutral" suddenly mean "coming back into the alliance"? Thats not neutral.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  12. #12
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,402
    What would making existing races neutral do for the game, though? Wouldn't it just make Blizzard look lazy as hell?

    Valeera's not really leadership material either way.

  13. #13
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,203
    Until Jaina is purified or dead, neutral BElves won't happen. It'll be a split of BElf and HElf using neutral as just a gameplay mechanic.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  14. #14
    I don't think it would happen, but after MoP, I believe anything can happen.

    So with that said if a Horde race goes neutral, I firmly believe an alliance race will go neutral as well.

    Lets compare...

    Blood elves - beautiful race therefore an exchange for a monster-like race would seem appropriate.

    What races have alternate versions of existing races?

    Draenei - Broken?

    Gnomes - Leper Gnomes? - We have a short green race already.

    Dwarves - Black Rock? - Idk seems unlikely.

    Night Elf - Naga? - lol

    Worgen - Some kind of worgen that can't shift back into humans, with red eyes? lol

    Seems kinda unlikely, dicey at best. Whatever they do would be entirely newly written lore, and perhaps retcons, the fan base may be put up in arms.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    What would be the gain exactly?

    This game is founded on the rivalry between the two factions and certainly thrives on the rivalry between the two player groups.

    Edit: Blurring the lines will not work out for the best. They made that clear by refusing the cross faction chat, for example.
    I know this game used to be founded in rivalry, but the concept is outdated and broken. Since the advent of LFG, arenas, and RBGs there is no more faction loyalty. Horde kill horde in any kind of pvp that matters. World pvp is fun but still dead. For a long time, on all the servers I play on, the existence of the opposite faction is barely noted.

    At the end of this expansion I would personally like to see the two factions merging (To kill Garrosh) and then staying as one, because they've pretty much united for Wrath and Cata anyways and will be again for whatever new big bad guy shows up. It would open up a whole new player base and guilds on each server. Not to mention you could play whichever race you wanted without losing friends or your guild.

    They would never do this though because of all the QQ though.

    Edit: and Lore.
    Last edited by Lefrog; 2013-02-20 at 05:49 PM.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire grumpyoldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    399
    I don't know how to say this without making a bad pun, so:

    Valeera is just a rogue rogue (got it?). She may be "loyal" to Variann, but she's just a single person, with a very specific life story (friendship with Variann since his Lo'gosh days, and with the night elf Broll). I can't see she "bring[ing] some of the blood elves back into the alliance", as you say.

    That said, it's Blizzard's call how the history will go on, so if they really WANT it (no clue if it's so), then they WILL come up with a reason to put blood elves in the alliance, be it through Valeera or whatever. But I'm doubting it.
    YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    WoW was always pretty much He-Man regarding the story and the characters.

  17. #17
    There is NO reason to believe that they're even going to make blood elves neutral. And even if they did they'd have to make an alliance race neutral, none of them having a reason to be. The Alliance isn't getting blood elves. Lor'themar considered it for a while as a means to get away from Garrosh who was using his people as fodder, but after the Purge of Dalaran that's not an option. And once Garrosh is ousted, they'll have no reason to leave the horde and still have a reason to hate the Alliance.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 12:25 PM ----------

    While there IS a chance that the Alliance could get high elves as a race, I think it's a very low chance considering all the people that would complain, saying 'we already have elves, and they're just paler blood elves with different color eyes!" Despite the fact that they really ought to already be a playable race anyway.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    No.
    First off we don't need neutral Blood Elves, if such a thing were to happen we already have High Elves. Then Valeera isn't a leader of any sort.

    People love suggesting these Blood Elf suggestions, but they forget that a Alliance race would have to go neutral which is unlikely. While people bring up the idea of Draenei, that simply doesn't work because neutral playable races are the same race but with some sort of difference that separates the two as opposing forces and Draenei are not currently a race that look like they would split for any reason.

    Lastly and most importantly it would go against their current development. Their current story is there i entrench them as a valued member of the Horde that does have a place in the faction with beliefs that compliment the other races now unlike when they first joined. For them to just split off would wreck that development.
    I'm curious how Blizzard will address Pandaren in the next expansion. At least from the Horde side, Garrosh forbids them from speaking with any of their former comrades who joined the Alliance under threat of execution. Would there still be open war between the 2 factions? Would the new Warchief still be such a hardliner? If the 2 factions team up again or have a neutral expansion capital like WotLK/TBC, this separation wouldn't make much sense.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:05 AM ----------

    I just had a thought concerning DKs: Why can't Forsaken DKs join the Alliance and why can't Human DKs join the Horde? I get they might not want DKs from races not part of their faction, but Forsaken DKs are identical to Human DKs in that they are both undead humans.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Valeera could be the one to bring some of the blood elves back into the alliance through her friendship with varian. it would also open up some more room for strong female characters without "poofing" them out of nowhere which blizzard has said they would like to work on adding more of.
    Your idea is interesting, however I think Valeera is the exception that proves the rule: all blood elves are disloyal, treacherous and corrupt with the taint of Sargeras, ie, have no place in the Alliance.

    Fortunately, within the Alliance we still have the collaboration and unwavering loyalty of the High Elves, the real Quel'dorei, to which may be associated all Blood Elves they want, provided they have been decontaminated of fel magic (if it is really possible) and they have demonstrated their repentance, their loyalty to the Alliance and their total uprooting regarding the Sin'dorei, as Valeera has done.

    As for adding "strong female characters" to the Alliance to give them importance and leadership, I'd bet on the Queen Calia as leader of the exiles of Lordaeron and Alleria Windrunner as leader of the High Elves of the Alliance.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 09:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    Wouldnt balance out, Ally get Blood Elves, whatre the horde going to get? If High Elves were ever to be given to the Alliance, it wouldve been in BC, and Horde wouldve gotten Ogres.
    Remember that the next expansion is: "The Burning Crusade 2.0", so there are many possibilities (and hopes) that the Ogres and High Elves may have the attention they deserve, and if possible, may be finally playable.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 09:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    What would be the gain exactly?

    This game is founded on the rivalry between the two factions and certainly thrives on the rivalry between the two player groups.

    Edit: Blurring the lines will not work out for the best. They made that clear by refusing the cross faction chat, for example.
    Hope I'm wrong, but I fear that with the end of the current expansion, the overthrowing of Garrosh and Vol'jin's appointment as the new Warchief, this is the end of all hostilities and rivalry between the Horde and the Alliance: is approaching an era in which both factions will have to put aside their differences and fight side by side against the Burning Legion. So.. bye bye to PVP and to the the intrigues between factions...

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 09:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It'll be a split of BElf and HElf using neutral as just a gameplay mechanic.
    That would be... perfect


  20. #20
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    914
    There are tons of neutral blood elves. Look at scryers. And many cults that have blood elves as their members. And Valeera has never been horde and she does not have any power to rally or dictate any blood elves into the alliance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •