Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    The case that has been mentioned in being quiet is:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
    Total: $99.99
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-20 14:10 EST-0500)

It is also $20 cheaper than the Phantom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    If you want a larger case then there is the Fractal Design XL R2, which might be what you're looking for. It has great reviews

NCIX has them in stock. They're on offer atm too http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=782...n&promoid=1139

Here is a review of the case

http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/...ract-def-xl-r2

Alright so updated part list:

CPU: i7-3770k
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155
    GPU: EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Hard Drive: Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM
    RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White Silent
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm

Because of the money I saved from the downgrading the mobo, power supply, and my storage devices I put the money into the GPU, also I put the cap card that was mentioned on the cart.
    "Make impossible possible, even when winning's illogical losing's still far from optional." - T.I.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Straiin View Post
    Alright so updated part list:

CPU: i7-3770k
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155
    GPU: EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Hard Drive: Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM
    RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White Silent
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm

Because of the money I saved from the downgrading the mobo, power supply, and my storage devices I put the money into the GPU, also I put the cap card that was mentioned on the cart.
    You sure you don't want to go for the larger case? It's overall design is actually better than the R4. It's the same price and will house anything you could dream off, even a small teddy bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    You sure you don't want to go for the larger case? It's overall design is actually better than the R4. It's the same price and will house anything you could dream off, even a small teddy bear.
    Well with what I have so far will the R4 fit everything? If the answer is yes then I'm okay with the R4, I think if I ever end up going more enthusiast and go dual gpu's with a water cooling system I'll just end up getting the NZXT case.
    "Make impossible possible, even when winning's illogical losing's still far from optional." - T.I.

Deleted
    With what you've listed? The R4 is a perfect fit.

Cool, I guess if there isn't anything else I'll probably purchase the parts tonight then.

Deleted
    Just out of curiosity what are these blizzard games that require more than a GTX 660?...

As far as I'm aware of, none. :P

But there other games out there that aren't made by Blizzard you know, since I saved money in other areas I splurged on the GPU for other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost exactly the same build as mine! For the inner parts I mean. I'd rather take the GTX660 TI (100$ cheaper). And Newegg has an ongoing offer where you can get 8gb of ram for free on selected motherboards. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130643 <- that motherboard for example.

Deleted
    That is a decent saving of $40! It means you can get your desired NZXT case!

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 Cases are pretty nice in terms of noise dampening. More expensive than the Fractal R4, but then it is a better case. Let price be your deciding factor between these two, f you opt for a noise dampening. Corsair 550D is another option, it's not as good as the other two cases I've listed though.
    just a quick note on the r4, I have one, and an h100. I have overclocked my cpu, running on full load at 4.2ghz and running around 60c. I've pushed the fans to full and with the r4, I don't hear a thing. It's completely quiet. Note here though: I did replace the stock fans it came with, with the scythe slim line fans because the stock fans wouldn't quite fit. They were just slightly too deep to fit an AsRock Extreme6.

Great case IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    just a quick note on the r4, I have one, and an h100. I have overclocked my cpu, running on full load at 4.2ghz and running around 60c. I've pushed the fans to full and with the r4, I don't hear a thing. It's completely quiet. Note here though: I did replace the stock fans it came with, with the scythe slim line fans because the stock fans wouldn't quite fit. They were just slightly too deep to fit an AsRock Extreme6.

Great case IMO.
    I don't doubt how wonderful the R4's are, if only I could reduce my food bill so I could afford one and all the other niceties that comes when building a brand spanking new pc!

So I thought I'd update this thread with my build and pictures.

Before I begin I just wanted to say thanks for the help on picking out parts, aside from a few little details that were looked over the build was really smooth.

Now then the only real change I had between what I said I was going to buy in my last post and what I actually got is I caved and went back to the NZXT case, and I don't regret it for a second lol.

While building it I really only ran into one problem and only made one mistake (that I'm aware of) when building it and it all revolved around the massive heatsink. Now I knew the NH-D14 was gunna be big, I didn't think it would be that big (inb4 that's what she said jokes), I had to swap the fan on the heatsink to the other side and move my memory to the secondary dual channel slots because they were too tall for the primary ones. And when I did that I didn't plan ahead because I'm a no0b about airflow and now my rear exhaust fan and my heatsink fans are in conflict and in order to fix it I have to take the fans out and very carefully move the plastic fasteners to the other side (they didn't supply spares). This is of course assuming I can remove the fans without having to remove the whole heatsink. Oh and I somehow messed up on the positioning of the two outer standoffs, gunna fix that soon.

The only other issues I had with the build were that the power connector for the CPU was a little short to very carefully stretch and play with it until I got it to fit, and my dvd/rw didn't come with a SATA cable so I had to leave my HDD uninstalled for a little bit to install windows and my network driver. But in the grand scheme of things these were little issues. Oh and for some odd reason my LED on my top fan doesn't work.

The only thing left to do for my is to OC my system, and get some more fans. I'm wondering if I can do a moderate / average OC without having to fix the heatsink (4.2 / 4.3). My current temps are 34*C idle and 45*C on Ultra 1920x1080

Edit: Fixing Images sorry!!!
    Last edited by Straiin; 2013-02-28 at 07:23 AM.