Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Two hours of killing quest givers in a low level zone.....yeah, supprised you only got a short ban to be honest.

Go pick on people who can fight back in a level apporpraie zone.
    It is actually more fun to force a lowbie to bring out guildies or his/her main and destroy it. (Even getting destroyed yourself has some fun to it as sometimes it takes them 3v1+ to kill you if they lack pvp gear)

You're interfering with a quest giver. It's entirely fair.

I know for a fact that you don't need to kill quest givers to get the opposite faction's attention.

Deserved, even tho you could contest that you did not abuse any game mechanics, you spoiled the fun of others for about 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Two hours of killing quest givers in a low level zone.....yeah, supprised you only got a short ban to be honest.

Go pick on people who can fight back in a level apporpraie zone.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 07:09 PM ----------

Killing quest givers is fine.
    Camping them for 2 hours and holding up progression of every levelling player on the faction for that zone.....thats just being a douche.
    Killing a player for 2 hours is roughly about the same. As well just killing the ones who go to turn in or pick up quests. Various ways to do what he did w/o killing a quest giver, if you go with disrupting a zone's quest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberSays View Post
    Except that killing quest givers is not an 'abuse of mechanics' They have been killable for years. Not to mention griefing itself isn't even punishable as stated by multiple blue posts, especially recently. For a 'super moderator' I find your lack of knowledge quite discouraging. The suspension wasn't fair at all, I've wrecked small towns in wrath(especially the alliance vanguard back in Wrath), BC,and cata zones with no suspensions or issues.
    Being a super mod doesn't make you a bastion of knowledge.

As well, camping the quest giver and holding up the progress of an entire zone for hours is an abuse of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Fully deserved and hats off to Blizzard for taking action against this kind of behaviour.
    Pretty much this.

Please don't post "this" posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-20 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the overreactions of people:

"You deserved more!!!!111!1!11"

Almost as if he murdered someone IRL.

I mean sure, it's deserved and I feel the punishment is appropriate. I mean, if it was anything like the over-reacting folks would like it to be, you'd be banned for life for autowalking into a wall for 4 seconds because "it looks like a bot".
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Being a super mod doesn't make you a bastion of knowledge.

As well, camping the quest giver and holding up the progress of an entire zone for hours is an abuse of the game
    I'd have to disagree. I've seen Thrallmar camped for hours before and nothing done to the ones who do it. PVP servers are not meant to be fair, if its abuse they should be unkillable to prevent said abuses. Its a danger on a pvp realm especially with CRZ. Personally I feel like testing this myself, as its just a '1 hour ' suspension if any action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post

I mean sure, it's deserved and I feel the punishment is appropriate. I mean, if it was anything like the over-reacting folks would like it to be, you'd be banned for life for autowalking into a wall for 4 seconds because "it looks like a bot".
    Yeah he didn't deserve more, but he did deserve what he got, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I basically went to Hellfire, loaded up Blood Spec, and sat in the room Danath Trollbane is in, slaying him repeatedly to garner the attention of Alliance players, and killing every player who does walk in. After roughly two hours of this, I got suspended for an hour, the reason being I apparently abused game mechanics.

Do you think this was fair or no? I have no reason to appeal, as it was really minor, but still...
    Read the ToS. what you did prevents any player from continuing there questline. so yes it is fair and TBH I would have made it a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post

Complain about people over-reacting then over-react yourself, lol smart bro.

I would say deserved, though i'd of given 2 hours as that's how long you prevented other people in playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    If he's a quest giver, why not make him untargetable instead of banning people?
    *rolls eyes* then how the hell would player be able to interactive with him to get quests while he is untargetable defeats the purpose really ..... sigh...

And yeah very much deserved, making NPC that are part of to quest lines or quest givers unavailable by repeatedly killing them is a big no no.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    you could contest that you did not abuse any game mechanics
    Much like the unguarded upper level of the Mage Tower in SW, there are no guards there to assist in protecting the NPC. The fact that the OP made it from the front door to the war room to sit and camp an NPC and one shot other players is admirable, but the length of time was only possible because of the limitation of the guards at that location. It is a "grey" area, but that is ultimately the mechanic.

I dont think the punishment was deserved.

What should happen is for the next 24 hours of playtime you character gets randomly ported to moonglade, in and out of combat. Doesnt matter if in a dungeon or BG its going to happen often. You like wasting other peoples time so Blizzard should waste yours.

10+ Year Old Account

It was not intended for people to cry to blizzard when they have trouble with the opposing faction.
    Now it is, and it's a huge work to be done. I doubt blizz will, even if they find this solution acceptible( which if unlikely, it makes the world even dumber)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    *rolls eyes* then how the hell would player be able to interactive with him to get quests while he is untargetable ..... sigh...
    I'm guessing they meant untargetable for kill by "red" not like interaction by Green. There are some NPCs who cannot be killed in PvP and can be interacted with by friendly factions already. They should just implement the same system, OR make all NPCs lvl 93 elites with 120M HP

i second this. a Good idea all round.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should have gotten a day or more for keeping people from progressing their questing
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with running in and doing a little fun PvP against a town. There is something about camping the NPC's so no one can play that is a problem.

Very good, very nice u got banned it's a shame it was only for an hour, u went to that zone with the only purpose of bully the low lv players questing, if u want pvp with competitive lv players, then go to the alliance capital en pandaria, show them how pro u are.