Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

So I got suspended for an hour. PvP or Griefing?

I basically went to Hellfire, loaded up Blood Spec, and sat in the room Danath Trollbane is in, slaying him repeatedly to garner the attention of Alliance players, and killing every player who does walk in. After roughly two hours of this, I got suspended for an hour, the reason being I apparently abused game mechanics.

Do you think this was fair or no? I have no reason to appeal, as it was really minor, but still...

seeing as he starts and ends quests, you're effectively stopping players from being able to quest.
    yes it's fair.

Yeah, he is a quest giver. So you got what you deserved

Deleted
    2 hours? Do you really have nothing better to do with your time? Was deserved, if I couldn't quest for 2 hours i'd be pissed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deserved, don't kill questgivers more than just once (two hours is long, considering you can get a few levels in that time)...

10+ Year Old Account
    So a lvl 90 tank, stocks up, and commands a room filled with stuff 1/10 his strength and is unstoppable. Sounds a bit boring. Sounds like you had your PvP gear on and were ready to rock. The fact that a Lock and SPriest did not stroll in an OWN you is beyond me. Either way, sounds like you had fun. Technically, abusing a game mechanic to grief other players is suspension worthy.

If he's a quest giver, why not make him untargetable instead of banning people?

If you did it a few times it would be fine. But damn, 2 hours?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fair.

Griefing begins when you cross the line from "killing players" into "disrupting the world." You were preventing an entire zone from being able to do any quests associated with that NPC. Killing an NPC couple times is fine. Killing players is fine. Camping an NPC and killing both him and any players that interacts with him for an extend period of time isn't really fine.

Also, it's hard to argue that it's all in the game for PvP when you're killing NPCs as much as players.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Fully deserved and hats off to Blizzard for taking action against this kind of behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Let's not exaggerate. There is a huge difference between a minor one hour suspension and a ban.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

More like justice.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    They could, though I don't see why they need to. Personally, I don't think they need to treat us all like toddlers, ie. putting the candy out of reach, to ensure we play nicely together. Just my personal opinion though.

Eh, I draw the line if it's a quest giver, lot's of other things to kill for those who want to get involved in Wpvp.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    You deserved it, yes.

Deleted
    Fair play with the world pvp thing, and it's fair enough running through honor hold killing stuff, but to camp there for 2 hours is just, quite frankly, pathetic, it's a deliberate attempt to ruin the enjoyment of the game for other people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think it's fair.

Griefing begins when you cross the line from "killing players" into "disrupting the world." You were preventing an entire zone from being able to do any quests associated with that NPC. Killing an NPC couple times is fine. Killing players is fine. Camping an NPC and killing both him and any players that interacts with him for an extend period of time isn't really fine.

Also, it's hard to argue that it's all in the game for PvP when you're killing NPCs as much as players.
    Except that killing quest givers is not an 'abuse of mechanics' They have been killable for years. Not to mention griefing itself isn't even punishable as stated by multiple blue posts, especially recently. For a 'super moderator' I find your lack of knowledge quite discouraging. The suspension wasn't fair at all, I've wrecked small towns in wrath(especially the alliance vanguard back in Wrath), BC,and cata zones with no suspensions or issues.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You did it for 2 hours...? I grief for like 10 mins AT most then get bored <.<

Deserved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I basically went to Hellfire, loaded up Blood Spec, and sat in the room Danath Trollbane is in, slaying him repeatedly to garner the attention of Alliance players, and killing every player who does walk in. After roughly two hours of this, I got suspended for an hour, the reason being I apparently abused game mechanics.

Do you think this was fair or no? I have no reason to appeal, as it was really minor, but still...
    Two hours of killing quest givers in a low level zone.....yeah, supprised you only got a short ban to be honest.

Go pick on people who can fight back in a level apporpraie zone.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TimberSays View Post
    Except that killing quest givers is not an 'abuse of mechanics' They have been killable for years. Not to mention griefing itself isn't even punishable as stated by multiple blue posts, especially recently. For a 'super moderator' I find your lack of knowledge quite discouraging. The suspension wasn't fair at all, I've wrecked small towns in wrath(especially the alliance vanguard back in Wrath), BC,and cata zones with no suspensions or issues.

Killing quest givers is fine.
    Camping them for 2 hours and holding up progression of every levelling player on the faction for that zone.....thats just being a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    They could, though I don't see why they need to. Personally, I don't think they need to treat us all like toddlers, ie. putting the candy out of reach, to ensure we play nicely together. Just my personal opinion though.

But you need people to investigate reports about griefing and take action, it would just make it easier.