Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone got the article about Ghostcrawler talking about petless Hunters?

So a topic on the official forums turned up about this subject. After a little conversation people started asking for the article. Problem is, I have no idea how old exactly it is or where to find it. Does anyone still remember anything about it?

To clarify the article was about someone asking if petless Hunters or a spec without a pet was ever happening. The response was Ghostcrawler explaining the differences between Warlock and Hunter pets.

Sorry for the... uninteresting topic but I don't know where else to look for it.

Deleted
    Don't have the article but I think it was somewhere between mid-late beta that Ghostcrawler mentioned something on that topic. It might have been deleted though. I remember some massive flaming/trolling causing the topic to be locked.

What you can try doing is going to the blue tracker and then click on ghostcrawlers name at 'last poster' or 'author' this will make it so it only shows threads he posted in.

Hope this helps. If I happen to find it I will post a link.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthaslol View Post
    What you can try doing is going to the blue tracker and then click on ghostcrawlers name at 'last poster' or 'author' this will make it so it only shows threads he posted in.
    Good suggestion actually. Still no luck so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think a petless marksmanship spec would be tons of fun. Maybe have them get bleed effects, or more utility out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerato View Post
    I still think a petless marksmanship spec would be tons of fun. Maybe have them get bleed effects, or more utility out of it.
    Marks does have bleed effects

10+ Year Old Account
    I searched through everything related to the beta in terms of the class, and I couldn't find anything. I skimmed through the beta feedback threads and I eventually hit a point where, on the 223rd post, a new thread was created but it doesn't exist anymore. Keyword Google searches came up empty. Filtered Blue Tracker results came up empty, as well.
    Last edited by reuva; 2013-02-21 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Typos

I remember the post in question, it said something along the lines of warlocks sacrificing their minion for more damage was okay because their minions are unwilling slaves, whereas hunter pets are your best buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    I remember the post in question, it said something along the lines of warlocks sacrificing their minion for more damage was okay because their minions are unwilling slaves, whereas hunter pets are your best buddy.
    If I never had a pet, because I was a Ranger, then I wouldn't have some "best buddy" pet.

Deleted
    It's very much appreciated Fallinsinner, and after doing roughly the same I got no results either. Pikapika hit the nail on the head regarding the post though. I'm sure it's out there somewhere but... I honestly don't know where else to look at this point. Maybe it really has been deleted.

As much as I'd love a pet less spec, I don't think blizzard will make that drastic of a change for the hunter class. I feel they will rather do it as a solution for a new class.
    Next one is bound to be bow based ranged class, because we have gotten 3 tanks, 4 melee, 3 healers and 1 caster in different combinations the last expansions.
    Technically the pally to horde and shaman to ally might not count but I decided to let em in anyway.
    So that could be a way for them to introduce a pet less "hunter type" into wow,personally I would love a spell damage based hunter type class without pet.

well, in my opinion, a petless hunter would kinda just feel like a ranged rogue. not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, just that I think they're going to use the next expansion as an opportunity to introduce a separate ranged class that could feel more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post

I think i remember that post too... The problem with this line of thought is the way you think on it. If you want to compare Hunters with Warlocks to say that we should not 'sacrifice' our pets like Warlocks do, sure, you have a point... But if you think about it through another angle, like if Hunters just dismiss the pet to become more focused in combat (becoming stronger himself) since he wont need to 'control' an animal in battle, well, here is our plot.

Its just an example, if Blizz really wanted to implement the petless 'thing' to Hunters, they should just find the right reason. I think it would fit very well to MM Hunters, and would also give some flavor back to the spec, something exclusive to define the spec again.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    I think i remember that post too... The problem with this line of thought is the way you think on it. If you want to compare Hunters with Warlocks to say that we should not 'sacrifice' our pets like Warlocks do, sure, you have a point... But if you think about it through another angle, like if Hunters just dismiss the pet to become more focused in combat (becoming stronger himself) since he wont need to 'control' an animal in battle, well, here is our plot.

Its just an example, if Blizz really wanted to implement the petless 'thing' to Hunters, they should just find the right reason. I think it would fit very well to MM Hunters, and would also give some flavor back to the spec, something exclusive to define the spec again.
    couldn't agree more, if blizzard wanted it, they would make it, personally i've been wanting for BM to be something like merging with ur pet, kinda like being empowered by its essence or whatever u wanna call it, where u can get the hunter to be a tank or melee dps, but i guess this will never happen :P

They've stated that they're considering nerfing Sac to oblivion to bring back the 'average warlock with a pet' scenario rather than have everyone go Aff and Sac.

Given this line of thought, no matter how much we may want the option to play without a pet, it will never happen.

Just need something like warlock sacrifice for marksman.
    Pet for MM is like 5k dps..almost useless.
    Better mechanic make like in bc for warlocks or like focus limit up from 100 to 120 and base focus regen from 4 to 6 or something like this.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conya View Post
    Better mechanic make like in bc for warlocks
    You mean where pets were just mana batteries and left on passive all the time for affliction locks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Beast Mastery > Main abilities compliment / boost your pet, ability to control several pets, possibly a metamorphosis of some kind enabling the hunter to assume the nature of a beast with capabilities in tanking

Marksman > Pure direct damage dealing abilities, significantly enhanced dot / bleed effects from x yard range (No pets involved in this spec)

Survival > As the name implies, re-vamp so this role it is more of a support for the entire raid, various abilities that cause damage inflicted to revert x% to healing / absorbs on a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but Hunters and Rangers AREN'T the same thing lorewise. That's like thinking DKs and Warriors are the same thing. Both use plate, both use swords, both can go tanky. Hunters are guardians and protectors of the lower fauna in the wilds. A Ranger is more of a military unit, trained for battle and protecting their respective livelyhood.

No one would accuse any of the Windrunner sisters of being "Hunters", because they are Rangers. Night Elf sentinels are the same thing because they are the battle ready protectors of the NElf lands. In fact the only sentinel that was shown to have a pet was Raene Wolfrunner. Another thing is that Rangers cannot track mobs like a hunter can.

Maybe with the next XPac or whenever we see the return of Alleria windrunner can Blizz introduce the Ranger class into the game. Rangers, though, I really only see lorewise as being an Elf thing only. The human Nathonos Blightcaller was trained by Sylvanis to be a Ranger, and it pretty much pissed off Lorthermar off to no ends seeing as the Ranger secrets are highly guarded by the High/Blood elves. Maybe Humans could become Rangers as well with Alleria back, which would let the Forsaken become Rangers as well and be the Dark Rangers like Sylvanis is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Eh, I've been wanting something more... symbiotic in the relationship of BM between hunter and pet. Something along the lines of an enrage on the hunter when the pet is slain, lasting short enough that it would be enough of a penalty in PvP, but not so powerful that it would be gimmicked in PvE. Maybe up to 20 seconds of immunity to crowd control and a few percent damage increase (to partially compensate for lack of pet).

I think an ability conversion of Kill Command into something powerful to be used by the hunter for the duration would also reinforce the theme.

I'm basically thinking and typing at this point. Boredom sets in just before work, so this usually happens a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    If I never had a pet, because I was a Ranger, then I wouldn't have some "best buddy" pet.
    But there is no ranger ingame. I mean it would be nice if they had all flavor classes but there is no way they could.