Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I don't like the idea of Ogre's as a playable class, they're too dull minded by nature. You wouldn't think a dumb as a rock race like Ogre would be capable of slaying Azeroth's most powerful enemies. I could see Naga as a playable race, but Ogre is just too far fetched imo. Unless there's something I'm completely missing, in which case please feel free to fill me in.
    Totally wrong, in reality, some Ogres are really intelligents (C.f Magi ogres & Ogri'la).
    But the Mok'Nathal seems to be easier to implement than ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Actually Vrykulls are being mentioned as aplayable race by alot more people that want/expect nagas
    i mean seriously who the hell wants to paly a fish?
    ALWAYS....

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I'm sure there are quests where you are either in a disguise or transformed into an ogre and they weird sitting animations.

I remember one quest with an ogre named Lunk where he rides spiders by belly flopping on them XD
    Aye... and there is a guild I've encountered 'Friends of Lunk'.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The bigger issue is with ogres, will they have to wear two helms? Or will there be race specific two headed helmets dropping in raids/dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    At one point, Tauren could ONLY mount Kodos and Wolves, and maybe one other mount. NO others. (I don't think that a few of the "rare" mounts were usable either, such as Baron's mount). It SUCKED.

I would probably NOT play a race that couldn't use other mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I would race-change all my classes to naga, even i only get to ride snap-dragons/slither fast and couatls.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why Naga would join Alliance, what about the Makrura?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to play any of those races, but if I did I would be ok with not being able to use my mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The problem with both of these is mechanical. Ogres are larger than taurens and will look ridiculous on any mounts, let alone be able to fit through doors.
    Lorewise, Tauren are larger, if not MUCH larger then the majority of ogres (Except for a few clans that have mostly kept thier original size before the CoF in Draenor)

You ever see a tauren with the Vrykul Drinking Horn? Ever go "Holy, he is HUGE"? THATS close to the original size of the Tauren in the early beta. They were shrunk so they could be playable.

So, half your argument is pretty much.. moot? not correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Not sure why Naga would join Alliance, what about the Makrura?
    Makrura are barely sentient lobster people. You might as well give Alliance Makrura and Horde Gillgoblins.

As for the topic at hand, I'm a mount collector, so...

no.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Comparison of Orc/Tauren/Ogre size in Warcraft III:

who would want to play an orge anyways they are fucking ugly lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Why do you want Nagas for the Alliance ? It doesn't fit with any lore, their phisioligy is ridiculous for a playable race.

HIGH ELVES FOR ALLIANCE, THAT'S OBVIOUS AND THAT'S ALL
    What part of faction favoritism do you not get?

Alliance Gains: Old BC race with a different eye color

Horde Gains: Brand new race with post-MoP technology to replace BElves going neutral.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If this is about having the Naga as a playable race I have THE solution.

Worgen Mechanic. Two forms.

Two Forms. Orginal Highborne freed from the grasp of the High Queens control can revert back to their Original Highbourne form. However they will always carry the curse of the Naga (edit: or possible genetic mutation) with them forever.

In combat they will Automatically revert to Naga Form. Upon riding a mount or casting "Two Forms" you will revert back to a Highborne form allowing the use of mounts.

Additional thoughts:
    1) Just to distinguish them from other elves I would use an Night Elfish model with some fish scales and gills on their skin for the Highborne form to show they are not completely cured. I always thought the Worgen humans should have been more hairy or at least had bigger Mutton chops.

2) The Naga we have all seen have all been spawning from below but we have NEVER seen a Naga baby or hatchling unless I'm mistaken. This implies that there must be a massive hatchery/egg clutch somewhere beneath Azeroth. If even the Lich King had to struggle to control the endless armies and the more powerful undead such as Sylvanas after the Eye of Sargeras began to break the earth under Icecrown. Cpuld Azshara have begun to lose control of her Brood after the Cataclysm?

3) The more I hear about the flesh shaping experiments of the Mogu and how they created the Saurok and the other monsters in the Thunder King raid using titan technology it makes me think. The Well of Eternity was made by the Titans, did she use the same flesh shaping technology to remake her species? Obviously yes but more than that begs this question, Is she done perfecting it yet?
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-02-21 at 04:58 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why would the Naga join the Alliance? They're nothing short of antagonistic towards surface dwellers in general, and they absolutely DEPLORE the Night Elves for casting them out of their civilization.

Also it a Giant Minotaur can ride a pony I'm sure that an ogre can too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think people realize how incredibly STUPID naga would look riding side saddle, and especially riding like that picture that was posted in this thread. Who wants to look like a slimy green turd sitting on top of their mount? Not only that, the mounts aren't all shaped the same, and sidesaddle animations would require them to make separate riding animations for every single mount that has a different shape to it. Which they will not do, even if the coding is there for separate animations, which I doubt.

Niniature Ogres I can see, I suppose, but I still think it's an idiotic idea. Perhaps the half ogres, but absolutely not full ogres.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

I don't think they could make Ogres much bigger than Tauren anyway without risking them not fitting through doors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really what I don't understand, I suppose, is why there was such a huge uproar over GOD FORBID PANDAS, and now people are asking for butt-ugly aquatic snake people and dim-witted, freakishly obese oafs. I mean... Really?

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

what if they just make nagas slide like snakes really fast instead of using mounts haha