Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How many people complain about PoE being online only? For GGG is a valid choice yet Blizzard are evil incarnate if they do it?

Ah, the old, "If you don't like it then don't buy it" response, for when you have absolutely no ground to stand on. No matter that if you "did not" buy the game you instead get the near opposite response to opinions on a game, and its DRM, "If you didn't buy it then you have no basis for your opinion."
    You totally missed his point. If you complain and still buy the product the only message you give is that they should keep doing that. 12 million sales doesn't tell Blizzard their DRM is bad, quite the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    How many people complain about PoE being online only? For GGG is a valid choice yet Blizzard are evil incarnate if they do it?

You totally missed his point. If you complain and still buy the product the only message you give is that they should keep doing that. 12 million sales doesn't tell Blizzard their DRM is bad, quite the contrary.
    If GGG was releasing PoE to the Ps3 with offline I'd complain. It's also hard to complain about an f2p game.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    This is exactly right.

Purple: You made a mostly angry but largely principled case for why DRM is bad. But if you bought the game knowing all about it, they you either acquired your principles too late or you simply violated them to buy something you wanted. In the latter case you don't have much of a reason to complain about DRM.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I'm not sure what that's supposed to convince me of.
    Not really trying to convince you of anything other than saying that people on the D3 forums are mad about something isn't strong evidence of anything. They're mad over there all the time even when they have to make stuff up to be mad about.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-06 at 03:57 AM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Why is this exactly? I can't think of a reason why. Do consoles not have internet? Why shouldn't console owners get the quality features that come with online only? It's not fair to them really. All this time Blizzard and the fans have been telling us how amazing online only is in this day and age well consoles have internet. What's the deal here? We get the absolutely GREAT feature that is always online and connected play but poor poor console guys have to be shut out when theirs no need for them to be shut out. Their isn't a single valid reason that the console players can't have always online. Your argument that it isnt an mmo doesn't hold water to be honest because so what? It isn't an mmo on pc either and we still got the quality of online only play. The game didn't simple switch genres overnight between console and pc.

IF online only is such a great thing and Blizzard has been touting it as such for YEARS now then their is no reason that the console version shouldn't have it as well.
    Frankly, I would have to agree. It is hypocritical to release the console version with offline mode after pushing online only for PC. They would need to change their stance on the PC version as well and give people offline mode if they are going to do this, since there have been a demand for it. Blizzard's core customers are PC gamers and not giving them what they want when they are fully able to do it for console gamers does not really look good.

While I still stand by my previous statements about there being justified reasons for online only, the fact of the matter is that they don't really matter as long as Blizzard are going to implement offline mode to any version of Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Blizzard's core customers are PC gamers and not giving them what they want when they are fully able to do it for console gamers does not really look good.
    They've made their millions on D3, so I don't think they're concerned about what we think of the hypocrisy. I can also picture a scenario where they say, "Fine, have your offline mode for D3"...and then instead of implementing system that keep hacking, cheaters, duping in check like flagging characters and creating a special individual storage system that limits flagged characters from trading, even to themselves, they would just let it run rampant and tell us it's on our heads.

I have a love hate relationship with the company, basically because I never know when they are being genuine or when I should be free to just love something they've done.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    No you get real. I already bought the game, and I don't need a disc, that's what the digital format is for. If they're going to offer a version that's always online, and still keep the PC version locked into the plague that is always online, then, yes, I will insist, no matter how many deaf ears, it falls on that longstanding PC purchasers of Diablo III should get a free digital copy of the console version at a base.
    Correction you need to get real, blizzard owes you nothing you bought the content for one person, for one system that is all you get, grow up and face reality the world owes you nothing it was here long before you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    No you get real. I already bought the game, and I don't need a disc, that's what the digital format is for. If they're going to offer a version that's always online, and still keep the PC version locked into the plague that is always online, then, yes, I will insist, no matter how many deaf ears, it falls on that longstanding PC purchasers of Diablo III should get a free digital copy of the console version at a base.
    Blizzard should buy us PS4s while they are at it. 3D TVs aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by judgedreadneo View Post
    Correction you need to get real, blizzard owes you nothing you bought the content for one person, for one system that is all you get, grow up and face reality the world owes you nothing it was here long before you were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Blizzard should buy us PS4s while they are at it. 3D TVs aswell.
    I don't see what's so unreasonable about Blizzard owing a PS3 copy to PC purchasers if they don't intend to bring offline to PC if it's going to be on the console. Valve included a PC copy of Portal 2 alongside the PS3 version of Portal 2. It can be done. Blizzard should give out the a PS3 digital copy of D3 to people who had D3 on PC before a certain date. People with the PC version aren't going to buy the PS3 version after being screwed, so give them a free copy to help get the game going on PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    I don't see what's so unreasonable about Blizzard owing a PS3 copy to PC purchasers if they don't intend to bring offline to PC if it's going to be on the console. Valve included a PC copy of Portal 2 alongside the PS3 version of Portal 2. It can be done. Blizzard should give out the a PS3 digital copy of D3 to people who had D3 on PC before a certain date. People with the PC version aren't going to buy the PS3 version after being screwed, so give them a free copy to help get the game going on PS3.
    BS.

I know a lot of happy players in D3 that play hours per day. HC or SC you name it.

That being said: d3 on consoles is an instant buy for me to play with the family on the couch.

I probably even play the same classes. One couch to rule them all should be great.

And please stop that nonsense about being screwed. Anyone still playing that old old record is so out of tune today.

It certainly doesn't work anymore in my case and millions of D3 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    And I find it absolutely hilarious that people think that Blizzard "owes" them a copy of Diablo 3 on consoles just because they own the PC version.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And I find it absolutely hilarious that people think that Blizzard "owes" them a copy of Diablo 3 on consoles just because they own the PC version.
    we do own the digital rights to the game which allows us to put it on any machine that can play diablo 3. currently that includes windows PC client and a Mac client, once they release a ps3 client, shouldn't we also be able to run our d3 license on the ps3?

i find it hilarious that people who have no vested interest in blizzard are concerned about them making a profit.

I am curious if the PS4 version will be the same as the PS3 version

ps3, ps4 and pc will probably all be the same. The pc is already a console port which is why they changed engines in 2010.

It would be a great customer relation move for blizzard to give peole who own the pc version a copy of the ps version. I dont see them them doing this since they have become a pretty cheap company

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    ps3, ps4 and pc will probably all be the same. The pc is already a console port which is why they changed engines in 2010.
    The console has:

- a DIFFERENT control interface;
    - a DIFFERENT movement system (no point and click, but analogue joystick).
    - a DIFFERENT local (?) playing mode
    - a complete DIFFERENT screen handling as every player on the couch will see but one big screen with automated move in/move out features (no split screen).
    - a NEW Dodge system.

So apparently they had to change all interfaces, all movement and other playing modes/screen resolutions.

Perhaps next time inform you first before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The console has:

- a DIFFERENT control interface;
    - a DIFFERENT movement system (no point and click, but analogue joystick).
    - a DIFFERENT local (?) playing mode
    - a complete DIFFERENT screen handling as every player on the couch will see but one big screen with automated move in/move out features (no split screen).
    - a NEW Dodge system.

So apparently they had to change all interfaces, all movement and other playing modes/screen resolutions.
    Talking actual gameplay here. Obviously, the interface has to change to accommodate a console game over a PC game (don't tell Dark Souls that :P )

I do wonder, when it comes out, if it will continue to patch when the PC version does.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Ok late to the party and am sure this has been asked..But yeah. Can i transfer characters from my PC Game to the PS4 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ok late to the party and am sure this has been asked..But yeah. Can i transfer characters from my PC Game to the PS4 version?
    Nope. Completely different servers. PS3/PS4 has no RMAH and is offline capable as well.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Nope. Completely different servers. PS3/PS4 has no RMAH and is offline capable as well.
    Hmmmm kinda makes me feel like i'm wasting my time on the PC right now.....Wich they'd at least let us say do a complete server transfer ONE WAY to PS3/4 with NO return...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hmmmm kinda makes me feel like i'm wasting my time on the PC right now.....Wich they'd at least let us say do a complete server transfer ONE WAY to PS3/4 with NO return...
    That would imply that Blizzard could make your existing characters actually have an offline mode, and no they can't go back on that now can they?

Also of note, SC2's "Offline Guesting" mode that they originally said was unnecessary but put it in because people made a case for it? It was also quietly disabled a few months ago.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

That made me thinking..
    If they create an isolated environment for ps3-4 players, i.e. no trading with PC players, PS3-4 economy will be bot-free.
    Would it be the first blizzard's bot-free game?