Awesome game openings

So im on a game opening high. after recently seeing the opening for Play Station All-stars, which might just be my new favorite opening.

ITS JUST SO BEAUTIFULLY MADE.

Please post more openings. Im not the best gamer in the world. (Mostly because im 20 and jump back and forth between my love for Games, Music, Anime, and Boxing)

Was expecting sniffing the inside of a brand new game after being opened.

Any Blizzard game has fantastic rendered openings

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Im still not sure WTF the OP is talking about....

Are we talking about getting high on cinematic opening? Or a game called Opening High?

Really loved the opening of Final Fantasy XIII. The Mass effect 3 opening was well done, it really sets the mood for the start of the game.

Mostly cinematics for Final Fantasy games are breathtaking, even back on teh ps1 FFIX had some amazing cutscenes

blizzard intros are all really good.

but there are some i really like:

planescape torment intro

soul reaver 1 intro

american mcgee's alice intro

they get me every time

The Mass Effect 2 opening gameplay introduction, especially the rebuilding of Shepard, sent shivers down my spine (yes, it was that epic for me).

*puts on rose-colored glasses*

Final Fantasy VII also had a memorable opening.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The Mass Effect 2 opening gameplay introduction, especially the rebuilding of Shepard, sent shivers down my spine (yes, it was that epic for me).

*puts on rose-colored glasses*

Final Fantasy VII also had a memorable opening.

This for me.

Was the biggest WTF moment. Destroyed the Normandy and killed the Protagonist and introduced a new mysterious enemy in the first ten minutes.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Its both the intro movie and the trailer for the game

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    <snip>

This for me.

Was the biggest WTF moment. Destroyed the Normandy and killed the Protagonist and introduced a new mysterious enemy in the first ten minutes.
    Yeah, the Collectors weren't that thought out in my opinion, but the rest of the game was super, especially the squad missions.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Mass Effect 2, hands down, best one ever. Cannot beat it.

Flatout 2
    No other racing game has as much crazy crashes just in the first minute as this game has.

Sadly I can't find videos for some of the others I know of online so I will leave it with instead a funny trailer for one of my favorite games of all time.

Ok now that I know what we are talking about lol

here is my favorite of all time, not for its graphics but for how badass it was at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This for me.

Was also the moment when it became evident that the serie took quite the nose-dive in terms of quality writing.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Dreadlord
    Most Final Fantasies from 6 onwards had awesome openings, it's a common technique Square loves to use. Say what you will of the rest of the game, but their openings are aimed to create awe (and on every "new" entry to a console, shock and awe :P).

I assume you don't just mean cinematics, so I'd also include games like Xenosaga/Breath of Fire 3 as having a pretty awesome opening sequences.

The Witcher 1/2 also have great openings, coupled with graphics so good I always take awhile to get used to, since I tend to play games with much lesser graphics.