Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Whether they announce it this Blizzcon or not what I want to know is how the hell they've kept everyone at Blizzard quiet about it. With all this time you'd figure SOMETHING would have leaked =3 It's not like they're working in the Pentagon or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Well, it's just conjecture (same as anyone)....

I don't recall the year they announced it, but they didn't start building a development team until a couple years ago. Considering how long development of these kinds of things takes, I wouldn't expect them to have much done as far as the actual game. I'd expect stuff like story, goals, themes, concept art, etc but not a lot in terms of the actual game.
    I am sorry to keep bashing on you, but "the developers achieved a playable version in 2011." The game is and will be ready to be announced this Blizzcon. At least, it SHOULD be unless something drastic happened within the past couple years that declined the development.

Here's the source for all the doubtful people : http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news...eady-playable/

Honestly I doubt it. This blizzcon will probably have announcements for new expansions for starcraft, diablo and WoW already and I feel they are being more and more conservative with when they announce things. And if you look at how long it took them to develop Diablo 3 (Development started in 2001) I would think development time for Titan would be about 10-12 years. Since the rumours started surfacing in 2007 due to job listings, I would imagine those were put up after the initial concept phase, which I estimate would take roughly a year. so from this I would deduce that the development started in 2005-2006, so, at blizzcon, the game would have 3-5 years left on development and that just seems too early for an announcement for a new IP. You want to announce it, with the game playable on the floor in such a state that everyone there says "this game is the new thing everyone should be playing" and I highly doubt it's in that stage yet.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's theoretically possible, but I think next year (or the following) is more likely for an announcement. They can't be very far along in development; probably just general framework, etc.
    I remember blizzard at one point saying they had a working prototype or something a few blizcons ago. I think the will anounce something, maybe a new wow expac or maybe titan. they have been working on titan for a while if you don't remember btw.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Honestly I doubt it. This blizzcon will probably have announcements for new expansions for starcraft, diablo and WoW already and I feel they are being more and more conservative with when they announce things. And if you look at how long it took them to develop Diablo 3 (Development started in 2001) I would think development time for Titan would be about 10-12 years. Since the rumours started surfacing in 2007 due to job listings, I would imagine those were put up after the initial concept phase, which I estimate would take roughly a year. so from this I would deduce that the development started in 2005-2006, so, at blizzcon, the game would have 3-5 years left on development and that just seems too early for an announcement for a new IP. You want to announce it, with the game playable on the floor in such a state that everyone there says "this game is the new thing everyone should be playing" and I highly doubt it's in that stage yet.
    The game is in playing state right now, 10-12 years? Never.
    Also as of Diablo 3, how does such a big company as blizzard manage to work on a game for 11 years that took 5-6 hours to finish? The rest is just the same with more hp/dmg..
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I think we'll get to know:
    - What kind of game it is.
    - Lore / History of the game, what time it's set in, fantasy or more "real" (guns and such instead of laser swords and magic).
    - Pictures from alpha gameplay, maybe a glimpse of characters.
    - If we're really lucky some gameplay with combat and user interface mechanics.

What I really would like to know is where they put "Titan" in the gaming world compared to wow, do they want/think that Titan is going to compete with the playerbase of wow or do they hope to attract a different kind of audience. Ofc there's going to be people (like me prob) that's gonna end up spending time in both, but which one they'll put the most investment in would be fun to know.

Basicly, is "Titan" the "wow replacer"?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    I'll give it a 33%. This Blizzcon will be about new WoW expansion, Diablo 3 expansion and Diablo 3 on consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    I am sorry to keep bashing on you, but "the developers achieved a playable version in 2011." The game is and will be ready to be announced this Blizzcon. At least, it SHOULD be unless something drastic happened within the past couple years that declined the development.

Here's the source for all the doubtful people : http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news...eady-playable/
    While that might be totally true, but I'm not sure something that says the game is going to be released in 2013 is a good source for info on that game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    The game was being conceptualized at least in 2006/2007. Much of the core development team of WoW moved to Titan in 2009, by the end of WotLK.

Many officials have since updated us on the progress of the game, stating that it was in full production around 2009 if memory serves.

I'd say most of the coding is done, placeholder graphics are there, while designers are putting the world together piece by piece. Final graphics and so on are probably also being made, but being tweaked until release 1-2 years from now.
    I would agree with that timeline, honestly winter 2015 looks like the big time to launch it. If my timeline is correct it should be released 1-2 months after a big wow patch (or launch of expo), don't know where SC2 fits in my timeline so might clash with that. Honestly though, if blizzard is planning to have 3 big hitter games + Diablo 3 they can't possibly delaying wow patches/releases, SC2 patches/releases and so on to not lose money... they'll lose more money wasting time I'd think..

While that might be totally true, but I'm not sure something that says the game is going to be released in 2013 is a good source for info on that game.
    It was stated by blizzard, go google search it. And the reason it says in 2013 is because it was referring to the product slate that was leaked a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I'll give it a 33%. This Blizzcon will be about new WoW expansion, Diablo 3 expansion and Diablo 3 on consoles.
    Blizzcon is gonna be a year after MoP release, doubt there's gonna be a wow announcement... if anything then just a title and maybe main threat/enemy of the expo which is gonna be quite clear after we raid Orgrimmar anyways!

I'm just looking for an announcement haha. Screen shots, lore, game play. (Hopefully it'll be less actionbary and more actiony like Vindictus or something)

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Blizzcon is gonna be a year after MoP release, doubt there's gonna be a wow announcement... if anything then just a title and maybe main threat/enemy of the expo which is gonna be quite clear after we raid Orgrimmar anyways!
    Main Enemy of next expansion is Sargaras. Metzon said this at the MoP release party.

He was probably drunk, but I'm still taking it as fact.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

not gonna lie, I hope they reveal that the project has been cancelled. Though I am kind of an ass :x

Blizzard has already stated they want to reduce the time between expansions. I am sure they will announce the new x-pac and all the details that go with it.

Because by the time Blizzcon arrives in November, there is a good chance SoO will be out and almost halfway through the tier, which means the new expansion could be ready by very early 2014 (ie: January/ Febuary, maybe even sooner).

Quote Originally Posted by moonripper View Post
    not gonna lie, I hope they reveal that the project has been cancelled. Though I am kind of an ass :x
    hah, vaporware like Ghost

Deleted
    lol what? dude we gonna see beta invites for new expansion soon after Blizzcon.

I doubt it, Titan still seems a long way off. Between Heart of the Swarm and probably a D3 expansion I think they'll have plenty to talk about.

You know what Blizzard is like. "When it's done". Or failing that, thrown into a heap with Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft: Ghost :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by moonripper View Post
    I hope they reveal that the abomination of MoP was WoW's last expansion. Though I am totally an ass. And I am not kidding when I say I hope MOP is the last expac. This game has lived on far too long and we need a new change of pace. Inb4 o play a different MMO. I do but I want Titan. IDC if its a MMO or not I want it because its from Blizzard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard is announcing the next WoW expansion we'll already know the title by then like we have for the last few ones from registering the trademark.

1 year after release of the previous is pretty much exactly when they would announce one. It would either be in beta or already released by the time the next BlizzCon(2014) rolls around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    I hope they reveal that the abomination of MoP was WoW's last expansion. Though I am totally an ass. And I am not kidding when I say I hope MOP is the last expac. This game has lived on far too long and we need a new change of pace. Inb4 o play a different MMO. I do but I want Titan. IDC if its a MMO or not I want it because its from Blizzard.
    Given that it still has millions of subscribers, that's highly unlikely. Also, it's not "we" that need a change of pace, it's you, and that is entirely up to you.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-02-21 at 02:03 AM.