Wireless Internet?

So right now I am typing this on my 2008 Macbook aluminum. It's great and all for school and work but my real computer, is the one I built on my own my 3570k, 660ti machine. It runs any game on max that I have thrown at it with little to no lag problems. My actual issue is that my laptop has great Wifi download speeds but my tower is snail slow with a direct ethernet connection to my router. When I try streaming video, it lags and freezes like a netbook running Crisis but runs near smooth 720p on my Macbook. When I download games it has 800kb down and uploads, well I don't really upload much of anything; so I cant comment on that. So what do you guys think I should do? I'm not all that great with network settings but I'm thinking about buying a USB network adapter for my tower, instead of running it through ethernet. The ethernet cable is running a long distance from where my router is if that makes any difference. Thank you for any help you can provide!

I'm not really sure what the question is, however an Ethernet cable such as a cat5 or better can run 300ft without issues.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I'm not really sure what the question is, however an Ethernet cable such as a cat5 or better can run 300ft without issues.
    Sorry for not making the question specific. I'm just looking for tips on how to get better performance out of my internet 'if that makes sense'.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelibertycomplex View Post
    Sorry for not making the question specific. I'm just looking for tips on how to get better performance out of my internet 'if that makes sense'.
    It makes sense but all I can read from your post is that you "lag" when trying to watch streams and that your download is 800kb which is a filesize and not a connections speed.

What kind of connection speed are you supposed to have? If you run speedtest what result do you get? Make sure to note differences in Kb, KB, Kb/s and KB/s.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-02-21 at 03:02 AM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Alright I'm not sure if this will help but I did a speed test and my results were; Ping: 35 ms/ Download: 11.52 Mbps/ Upload: 1.45 Mbps.

That is a decent enough connection speed, is it close to what you are supposed to have?
    With a connection speed like that a download speed could go up to 1300KB/s, this depends on the server you are downloading from as well as some other factors like routing and so on.

Can you describe the issues you are having while trying to watch a stream?