View Poll Results: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Voters
370. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    187 50.54%
  • No

    183 49.46%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They look almost exactly like Blood Elves so no. Case closed.

    Why do all the races have to look different, though? That's what I don't understand. I'd rather them put in a race that will make sense and thrive in lore than have another Dranei or Panda fiasco. At this point we don't need more 'LAWL' (Gnomes, goblins) or 'HAWT' (Belves... or almost every female) races. We need races with substance.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    These kind of polls should always have a third option "I don't care".
    All polls should have this option. Bake it in by default, even.

    @thread; no thanks. Already have enough elves.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Desaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They look almost exactly like Blood Elves so no. Case closed.
    Eh, the Huojin Pandaren look exactly like the Tushui Pandaren so that's not a problem.

    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle. Your gods are not your gods, outsider.

  4. #24
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,832
    Look people, it's simple.

    If Blizzard were to add in High Elves and the only difference between them and Blood Elves are their eye color, could you imagine how much hate Blizz would get for being so darn LAZY?

    Be realistic, new eye color=/=new playable race.

    Words to live by.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Look people, it's simple.

    If Blizzard were to add in High Elves and the only difference between them and Blood Elves are their eye color, could you imagine how much hate Blizz would get for being so darn LAZY?

    Be realistic, new eye color=/=new playable race.

    I'm sorry, are you simply playing a race of eye shaped people? Or an actual race? Because Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei or two different things. That's why they have two different names.

  6. #26
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    4,977
    I think the Pandaren experiment was successful, so we could (and probably will) see more races available to both factions. Would people consider it "lazy" to just make skin paler and eyes blue? Probably. Would it be something a ton of people have wanted? Yes. I think Blizzard really only care about the latter.

  7. #27
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    [IMG]http://www.wowpedia.org/images/thumb/6/68/VereesaDalaran.jpg/221px-VereesaDalaran.jpg[IMG]
    Yes, definitely.
    She is a traitor and need to be shoot in the face.

  8. #28
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,186
    Only way this will happen is if BElves go neutral. Their models are too similar to call them seperate races.

    Only way BElves can go neutral is if the Alliance also has a race go neutral, to prevent outrage at Ally getting an old race while Horde gets a new one (or rage that Ally has 1 more race than horde).

    No Alliance race is in a position of going neutral (well Dwarf maybe but people hate that idea).


    So no.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Look people, it's simple.

    If Blizzard were to add in High Elves and the only difference between them and Blood Elves are their eye color, could you imagine how much hate Blizz would get for being so darn LAZY?

    Be realistic, new eye color=/=new playable race.
    they should just give a blue eye option to blood elves and start having high elves switch sides.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    I want to see the Kaldorei and the Quel'dorei interact. Sure, the Kaldorei allowed the Highborn back into their ranks. But the latter? I doubt they'd be too pleased to see the alliance scoop them up. And even if they were, it'd be awkward at best. However, I do agree that the High Elves should rejoin the alliance, formerly of course. That's the thing though, the High Elves don't have a formal faction. The closest thing they have to a leader is Alleria and... well, I think she's overzealous.
    High Elf NPC affiliated with Darnassus in Stonetalon. She's just fodder for a Horde quest but it was no accident; she's a Quel'dorei, with a Darnassus affiliation, arguably a Sentinel.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    High-Elves got allied with the humans of Arathor against the Amani trolls, that's the moment where the High-Elves first teached the magic to humans, and it was WAY before the orcs came to Azeroth.

    EDIT : Wowpedia says that the troll wars ended about 2800 years before the orcs came to Azeroth ... it's already nearly three thousands years.
    Have you read Tides of Darkness?

    In it the humans call upon Lothar's bloodline for him helping the elves thousands of years ago to repay the favor. The High elves reluctantly send a few rangers to assist, to which even Alleria admitted that it was a pitiful amount. Then the moment their forests get burned they say the Humans failed to defend them and leave the Alliance. it's not a close relationship.

  12. #32
    The High Elves remain officially part of the Alliance, and I believe I read a blue post a while back (No source atm, I could probably find it if I looked hard enough) stating that once the new models were implemented, if Blizzard chose to allow different skins based on other races in factions (Broken, High Elves, Dark Iron, Taunka, Dragonmaw, etc), they imagine they would be "very liberal" about which alternate skins they used. So, its safe to assume that if alternate skins make it in with the new models, a High Elf skin on the Alliance isn't too far-fetched.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    The High Elves remain officially part of the Alliance, and I believe I read a blue post a while back (No source atm, I could probably find it if I looked hard enough) stating that once the new models were implemented, if Blizzard chose to allow different skins based on other races in factions (Broken, High Elves, Dark Iron, Taunka, Dragonmaw, etc), they imagine they would be "very liberal" about which alternate skins they used. So, its safe to assume that if alternate skins make it in with the new models, a High Elf skin on the Alliance isn't too far-fetched.
    I don't think I've heard this, but, broken/taunka are modified tauren models, dark iron/dragonmaw are just different skin colours, High Elf and Blood Elf should share a model.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    No. We don't need a third race of elves.
    Wtf ?
    Do we NEED any race ?
    Do you mean that goblins, worgens, blood elfs and draeneïs were needed ?

    +@ peoples who says that there is too much elves, just explain my why ? How is it possible to have too much of a type of race ?

    Also it's not a problem if HElves and BElves share the same models, actually pandarens are on both factions, no one cried about it, it doesn't cause any problem, and the model is exactly the same.
    Last edited by Kuragalolz; 2013-02-21 at 05:46 AM.

  15. #35
    Blademaster Vreivai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Not China
    Posts
    42
    I've heard better ideas from the mentally disabled.

  16. #36
    I'm all for High Elves, however I think they need to be handled a bit differently. I mentioned this before, I believe.

    They could reintroduce the rangers that went to Outland in WC2, led by Alleria Windrunner. Time isolated (on another continent of Outland) has changed them, and they are much more stoic and grim. They knew nothing of the fall of Silvermoon or the Blood Elves, and learning this is a shock to them. Bringing them in as a 'hero race' (starting at level 55 in Outland) that can choose from a relatively small pool of classes would be interesting, and limiting a player to only one High Elf per account would make them relatively uncommon still.

    Horde could get a similar deal with Mok'Nathal half-Ogres.

    Having both of these factions reintroduced as player characters would be a good thing, and would bring new elements into the story.

    Best of all, this gives us a reason to revisit Outland and add new content there. And they can update the quests a bit in the 58-70 leveling zones as well (relatively minor things, mostly making it so you're not essentially travelling back in time).

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    2,715
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Too similar to blood elves, Blizzard has said not just once, but a few times that they aren't implementing races that are too similar in appearance to ones that already exist. Tired of people ignoring this.

    Can't find the citation, but really, Blood Elves with blue eyes instead of green? Do you really expect that to fly?
    Gee, I really wonder how respectable that stance is for Blizzard to take, I guess because an entire race of pandas who are available to both factions is not a complete contradiction to every statement they have taken a stance for against having similar races for both factions...

    Blizzard... sometimes... I just have to facepalm them for their weak argument skills.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2013-02-21 at 05:45 AM.
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  18. #38
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    15,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    I'm sorry, are you simply playing a race of eye shaped people? Or an actual race? Because Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei or two different things. That's why they have two different names.
    democrats and republicans

    still human

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:47 AM ----------

    Gee, I really wonder how respectable that stance is for Blizzard to take, I guess because an entire race of pandas who are available to both factions is not a complete contradiction to every statement they have taken a stance for against having similar races for both factions...

    Blizzard... sometimes... I just have to facepalm them for their weak argument skills.

    the pandas are brand new. the high elves would just be re touched blood elves given to the alliance, while the horde would get a new race *most likely*

    using the panda argument is not valid in my opinion. it was a brand new race and model given to both factions. Not a model from one faction given to another.

    the horde would need a new race to balance things out. They would get a new race. This would be the epitome of favoritism. The high elves would not be new. just playable blood elves with blue eyes.... aka a blood elf dk.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-21 at 05:54 AM.

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    2,715
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    um wrong

    the pandas are brand new. the high elves would just be re touched blood elves given to the alliance, while the horde would get a new race *most likely*
    so your argument is that because they are an old race that that somehow absolves Blizzard's logic to exclude their inclusion in both factions? When Blizzards entire stance was against any form of similar race being implemented for both factions? only to be contradicted by including an entirely neutral race available to both with the same exact models, animations, voices, and abilities?

    yea, that doesn't really hold much weight as a reasonable excuse for their blatant oversight.
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  20. #40
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    15,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    so your argument is that because they are an old race that that somehow absolves Blizzard's logic to exclude their inclusion in both factions? When Blizzards entire stance was against any form of similar race being implemented for both factions? only to be contradicted by including an entirely neutral race available to both with the same exact models, animations, voices, and abilities?

    yea, that doesn't really hold much weight as a reasonable excuse for their blatant oversight.
    What are you talking about? Argue with me please.

    my argument is that the pandas are new, the effort was given to both factions. a high elf would not be effort, and the horde would receive a brand new race.


    high elves are already in game. They simply are not playable. Giving them to the alliance is just lazy in my opinion. the horde would get a new state of the art race and the alliance would get a race u have been looking at for years. with blue contacts

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •