Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Secrets of the Empire - drop rate....

    Ok this is stupid now, 2 people from my guild got 20/20 last night and they have been doing as many raids and lfr as me, and im on 8/20, and one of them even killed less bosses on normal and in lFR then me... I know its RNG but that is just stupid... How are you compared to others?

  2. #2
    If they've done the same or less bosses than you then it's got little to do with the drop rate you mentioned in your title. This phenomenon could happen at any drop rate, albeit less likely with higher rates.

  3. #3
    35 boss kills, 14 secrets.

  4. #4
    I'm on 10 from just LFR raiding.
    A player in my guild's raiding team was doing the Nalak quest last night.
    Another player in my guilds raiding team has had ZERO drops.

  5. #5
    33 Bosses (doesn't include kills on multiple difficulties)
    12 secrets

  6. #6
    i killed 80 in total ( LFR + normal ) and i got only 8... thats is just crazy...

  7. #7
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    I'm sure eventually some smart ass will come and tell you that rng is rng and will entirely miss the point. Good luck to you sir.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    271
    rng is rng

    /10char

  9. #9
    Also please remember that you get it the same way as rep with the SP Assault. Ie. Only one chance per boss per week. So its quite pointless to go lfr & normal unless your guild cant do 9/12 yet.
    Currently on 17 and 2 guildies at 20. With 2 first weeks 6/12 and the remaining weeks 11/12 not including this week.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    35 boss kills, 14 secrets.
    65 boss kills 11 secrets, 2 people in my guild have their metas, 1 guy got his first runestone today

    Just been informed about the LFR/Normal thing thats lame as shit..sigh

  11. #11
    44 kills on normal and 16 secrets currently. So about 36% droprate.

    I've done more kills on normal than on LFR every week, so that would be the number of possible drops I've got.

    I'm amongst the highest group in my raid, the lowest are around 10ish I believe. One was stuck on about 4 or 5, then he got 7 secrets this week.

  12. #12
    I've done LFR only.

    9/30. (I still have 3 more bosses to kill this week)

    Pretty good I think, I'm actually tracking my rate, and everyone seems to be landing closer to 30-35%.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I'm sure eventually some smart ass will come and tell you that rng is rng and will entirely miss the point. Good luck to you sir.
    That IS the point. When you do the same number of bosses as another person you're comparing yourself to and get different numbers of secrets, as OP said he had, then it's because of randomness and no other cause.

  14. #14
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    That IS the point. When you do the same number of bosses as another person you're comparing yourself to and get different numbers of secrets, as OP said he had, then it's because of randomness and no other cause.
    Well I can't speak for him but the liberal use of the word stupid in his OP suggests to me that the heart of the issue is that RNG for the sake of RNG is a piss poor design. Saying RNG is RNG is a tautology but somehow you can always guarantee that some jack ass will come into a forum and say it without missing the overall point that RNG is lame.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  15. #15
    Legendary! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,277
    They drop alot in Normal & Herioc modes.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk Spacebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sylvanas EU - Denmark
    Posts
    1,953
    Would've had it last week if I hadn't forgot to pick up the quest again after faction changing

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well I can't speak for him but the liberal use of the word stupid in his OP suggests to me that the heart of the issue is that RNG for the sake of RNG is a piss poor design. Saying RNG is RNG is a tautology but somehow you can always guarantee that some jack ass will come into a forum and say it without missing the overall point that RNG is lame.
    RNG is not lame in some universal objective sense. Some people like it and some don't. Blizz has made it clear they want RNG to be part of the equation. That's the way it is and will always be, and RNG is the cause for OP's woes. You can either accept it or make threads that go nowhere and be eternally unsatisfied. But RNG is the explanation here, yes, and you not liking RNG doesn't change that.

  18. #18
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    RNG is not lame in some universal objective sense. Some people like it and some don't. Blizz has made it clear they want RNG to be part of the equation. That's the way it is and will always be, and RNG is the cause for OP's woes. You can either accept it or make threads that go nowhere and be eternally unsatisfied. But RNG is the explanation here, yes, and you not liking RNG doesn't change that.
    Actually it is lame but I never said it was in a universal sense. i'm sure theirs some sado masochists who enjoy getting punched in the balls on a regular basis. I personally don't know of any, just as I personally don't know a single soul who would stand up and say YES RNG GIVE IT TO ME HARDER but I'm sure some lone soul out there loves it. That is not the way it always has to be though. With enough pressure anything can move. Just need the right kind of pressure and the right amount (I'm guessing enough subs lost?) to get a move to happen.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  19. #19
    Can´t imagine anything more boring than a game without randomness.

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •