Poll: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elves is clearly what WoW needs more of.

If anything Alliance should get Baby Ents and Horde should get Baby Ogres, show those silly kung fu pandas whose cute.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

high-elf should be fun but then again there is ANOTHER elf then

Quote Originally Posted by Promithiuz View Post
    high-elf should be fun but then again there is ANOTHER elf then
    Or another very mutated troll tribe ;P

No. High elves are just blood elves with lighter skin, and blue eyes instead of green. Look at this picture, you can barely tell which ones are high elves and which ones are blood elves:

If we were still in classic WoW, than I'd say yes. But the Horde gained blood elves in TBC, and since then its a lost case. Playable high elves could work if the blood elf race was neutral. If the elf you play chooses the Horde faction, he becomes a blood elf. If he chooses Alliance, he becomes a high elf. But we're too late for that, the blood elves are a Horde faction and it will never be changed due to gameplay reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    No. High elves are just blood elves with lighter skin, and blue eyes instead of green. Look at this picture, you can barely tell which ones are high elves and which ones are blood elves:

If we were still in classic WoW, than I'd say yes. But the Horde gained blood elves in TBC, and since then its a lost case. Playable high elves could work if the blood elf race was neutral. If the elf you play chooses the Horde faction, he becomes a blood elf. If he chooses Alliance, he becomes a high elf. But we're too late for that, the blood elves are a Horde faction and it will never be changed due to gameplay reasons.
    Lolz, we can easily see which ones are high elves and which ones are blood elves, in fact, only the bottom right picture represent a blood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    Furbolgs say hi. Oh yea, and now, the Jinyu.

OT: Id only accept High Elves as a "new skin"/"sub race". I think the Revantusk Trolls (buff trolls) would be perfect for their Horde counterpart...see The Hinterlands.
    Furbolgs seems reasonable, Jinyu are out of place everywhere outside Pandaria (in my opinion), and since we'll probably never come back to Pandaria, it's also a lost case.
    But High-Elves are way more integrated in the Alliance than thoses two races, it would be way more popular.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-21 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Lolz, we can easily see which ones are high elves and which ones are blood elves, in fact, only the bottom right picture represent a blood elf.
    The one in the right bottom picture isn't even a high elf or blood elf, he is the half elven son of Alleria and Turalyon, I guess they gave him a blood elf model because his mother had green eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No i dont want to see Horde-like race in alliance ! High elves r so few now. they dont even have sufficient numbers to form "new class" and join alliance ... 1000 max ?
    I wouldnt like to see Brethren killing each other (dont ca about stupid pandarean ). Both blood elves and High elves have epic lore and wouldnt like to see that spoiled !
    High elves serve alliance already as NPC-s and that is quite enoigh already ... 3 elf race ? :O Lets us call game : World of Elfcraft!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The one in the right bottom picture isn't even a high elf or blood elf, he is the half elven son of Alleria and Turalyon, I guess they gave him a blood elf model because his mother had green eyes.
    Yes, i mean, skinwise, they used a blood elf skin, i know that he's Arathor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    No i dont want to see Horde-like race in alliance ! High elves r so few now. they dont even have sufficient numbers to form "new class" and join alliance ... 1000 max ?
    I wouldnt like to see Brethren killing each other (dont ca about stupid pandarean ). Both blood elves and High elves have epic lore and wouldnt like to see that spoiled !
    High elves serve alliance already as NPC-s and that is quite enoigh already ... 3 elf race ? :O Lets us call game : World of Elfcraft!
    The goblins as a playable race come from shipwrecked goblins from a boat which was escaping from the Cataclysm in Kezan, they got attacked by the Alliance and many of them died, drowned or killed by the cannonballs of the Alliance, they were less than 100 in the boat, and even on Kezan they weren't many at all, BUT, it became a playable race, no one noticed that, and no one cried about that.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-21 at 11:06 PM.

The greatest empires azeroth has ever seen were build by trolls and their descendants, which includes elves, so elfcraft would be inaccurate, world of trollcraft would be better ;P

Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    Make the high/blood elves a neutral race.

Ones that pick horde become blood elves and alliance high elves.

Give horde ogres to compensate.
    Ummm no? That would be one of the worse possible scenarios to happen involving High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

I cannot agree with that. They might become neutral race as Garrosh hates his ally blood elves and intends to get rid of them, so does Lor'Themar. He was organizing secret meeting to Varian Wrynn and was about to leave horde when the thing with dalaraan occurred ! Jaina just didnt know that elves might return to alliance

And so it situation between Horde (garrosh) and Blood elves gets worse next patches, Lor'themar might truly leave horde which lets Blizzard make them neutral race

Im guessing you've missed the part where Sunreavers and Silverwing Covenant simply despise each other...

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    Umm no. I disagree.
    Okay lets give the alliance a recycled race, while Horde gets a brand new race...yea that would go well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they changed his eye colour to blue, that's just an older picture of him. I actually imagine they will make Alleria have blue eyes when she reappears as otherwise there will just be tides of people confusing her with a Blood Elf, although I can't really see the harm in such a minor change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    Im guessing you've missed the part where Sunreavers and Silverwing Covenant simply despise each other...

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:09 PM ----------

Okay lets give the alliance a recycled race, while Horde gets a brand new race...yea that would go well.
    Not a problem at all.
    Also actually, blood elfs are recycled from vanilla's high elves NPC model, doesn't cause any problem.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-21 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The greatest empires azeroth has ever seen were build by trolls and their descendants, which includes elves, so elfcraft would be inaccurate, world of trollcraft would be better ;P
    Yep, I know that but... we face the fact that we now ave 3 elves (not to consider their troll origination) :P In game we have 3 elf race if u know what I meant

The goblins as a playable race come from shipwrecked goblins from a boat which was escaping from the Cataclysm in Kezan, they got attacked by the Alliance and many of them died, drowned or killed by the cannonballs of the Alliance, they were less than 100 in the boat, and even on Kezan they weren't many at all, BUT, it became a playable race, no one noticed that, and no one cried about that.

there might have been other goblins from other clans who joined horde afterwards ... What I want to say is that there are other goblins in azeroth which might have joined Horde, it is not given in lore ! But there is no other High elves who might be in other neutral or hostile clans.. they reside with Alliance and just ! and their numbers can be counted on fingers

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hmm....while i certainly wouldn't play them (Can't stand high elves after the purge of dalaran), they'd make good cannon fodder for my sin'dorei toons...

Deleted
    Yep, I know that but... we face the fact that we now ave 3 elves (not to consider their troll origination) :P In game we have 3 elf race if u know what I meant

there might have been other goblins from other clans who joined horde afterwards ... What I want to say is that there are other goblins in azeroth which might have joined Horde, it is not given in lore ! But there is no other High elves who might be in other neutral or hostile clans.. they reside with Alliance and just ! and their numbers can be counted on fingers
    Well every goblin player accomplished the same quests and saw the same cinematic, so, theoretically, every goblin player come from the same boat. I'm absolutely sure that there is more goblin players on almost each server than there was in this boat.
    There is a few number of High-Elves, but there are still more High-elves than Bilgewater goblins...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    Hmm....while i certainly wouldn't play them (Can't stand high elves after the purge of dalaran), they'd make good cannon fodder for my sin'dorei toons...
    Sunreavers deserved to be purged ! They betrayed the magi of dalaraan ! They used hospitality of the kirin tor, Cuz they could never let them in to dalaran ! At leaset it was what it seemed when incident with darnasuss happened ! It seems that 1 mage opened portal in the name of Sunreavers ! Jaina wasnt her guilt in this situation !

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Well every goblin player accomplished the same quests and saw the same cinematic, so, theoretically, every goblin player come from the same boat. I'm absolutely sure that there is more goblin players on almost each server than there was in this boat.
    There is a few number of High-Elves, but there are still more High-elves than Bilgewater goblins...
    No you just confuse playable goblins with NPC-s. In truth they saved 9 goblin NPCs out of 10 (for example) and 1 player not 9 NPCs and every other player that made that quest. In cinematic 10 goblins was saved in total not thousands of others players who completed that quest ! The story of goblins is based on the player, on you not the other players too dont confuse those 2 .... If what u say is true, then in worgen cinematic gilneas was razed by worgen thousand and thousand f times and gilnean people continued to hunt down worgens endlessy and battle for gilneas would never happen ... umm ... that doesnt make sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Then you'd replace them with 1238904072398723 threads about what ridiculous bullcrap came about to put High Elves in the Horde...
    That would be fine with me, It would mean I got what I wanted. A united Quel'Thalas.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 01:16 AM ----------

Sunreavers deserved to be purged ! They betrayed the magi of dalaraan ! They used hospitality of the kirin tor, Cuz they could never let them in to dalaran ! At leaset it was what it seemed when incident with darnasuss happened ! It seems that 1 mage opened portal in the name of Sunreavers ! Jaina wasnt her guilt in this situation !
    Form you misguided view. I think Jania should be hung.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    That would be fine with me, It would mean I got what I wanted. A united Quel'Thalas.
    What if a united Quel'thalas came about from leaving the Horde?