Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

2.2 soon Carnival of The Ascended (yay)

2.2 is soon, its on the main page so can't be that far away.

Update 2.2 is here, and the annual Carnival of the Ascended celebration has begun.

"The Carnival has come to Tempest Bay, and as dragon piñatas and festive dragon parades spread across the shorefront and the rest of Telara, Ascended young and old will join in the festivities commemorating their victories over Crucia and her forces, trapping the dragon in the body of Queen Miela. While the threat of the Storm Legion still hovers in the distance, now is a time to renew, recharge, and be proud of the victories hard-won.

Plus be prepared as a special Steppes of Infinity zone event promises to unleash chaos across the planes."

RIFT 2.2 Key Features

Carnival of the Ascended

The Carnival is more fun than ever this year. Collect glass beads, revel in pie-stomping and throwing contests, and challenge yourself in two new games of skill as you gather colorful hats and awesome mounts.

Try your luck in PvP at the Wheel of Fate

Danger and excitement await in this alternative Warfront mode as the Wheel of Fate randomly assigns combatants against each other in the field of war. Use your cannons to assault the Codex and attempt to seize capture points from your foes.

Special Anniversary Cape

Mark two years of RIFT with a special Anniversary Cape. Buy this golden cape in the carnival prize store and show your pride to all.

Tier 2 Planar Attunement added to PvP

By popular demand we’ve added a new Tier 2 Planar Attunement level to PvP, increasing the range of adventures you can experience.

Planar Attunement Tier 3 for all

And for everyone already at Tier 2 we’ve added a new third tier to all six of our normal planes.

Return to Telara this March

Play for free from March 21 to March 25. Revisit your veteran high-level Ascended characters and experience all the awesome additions to RIFT since the launch of Storm Legion™.

Anniversary subscriber bonuses

From March 21 to April 4 all subscribers will enjoy 20% increases in the following:

Guild XP
    Normal Kill XP or Planar Attunement (depending on character level)
    Prestige
    Favor
    Planarite
    Dungeon currency
    Zone Event currency

http://uk.riftgame.com/en/game/updates/carnival.php

We have a date!

RIFT 2.2: Carnival of the Ascended Arrives Next Week!

Hail Ascended!

The carnival celebrating the anniversary of your return arrives next week in Update 2.2 - with all new games, zone events, and prizes to win it's sure to be a fun and festive time.

But the Carnival of the Ascended is not all you have to look forward to in 2.2, as usual we've done our best to stuff it full of awesome updates & improvements and that doesn't even include the work we've been doing in Hot Fixes since the start of the year.

Here's what you have to look forward to:

Codex: Wheel of Fate alt mode warfront
    Carnival of the Ascended World Event
    Tier 2 PvP Planar Attunement
    Tier 3 Planar Attunement
    Return to Telara starting 3/21!

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...next-week.html
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2013-02-21 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    awesome lets all hope that this time it will be next week
    they didnt mentioned of the new zone events across new zones or the 4 bosses hard mode.These will not be added?

With the return to telera and anniversary bonuses starting on the 21st March, I really really hope we don't have to wait until then for this patch. It already feels like I've waited so long for some motivation to do stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no Carnival itself up for testing on the PTS, but some of the new zone events have been active or have the achievements added

revel in pie-stomping and throwing contests
    This is probably the Mother Nug zone event "The Craft of Conflict" that will be in Steppes of Infinity

There's also achievements (a lot of them) for a zone event called "Champions of the Firestorm", speculation is that it "might" be another Volan type colossus event

I've seen and done two other new Carnival zone events in Cape Jule and Pelladane, one is defeating the drunken Storm Legion and one is doing fun stuff around Tulan before bumping into Atrophinious the Festive

Also on the PTS and likely to come in 2.2 will be all the Faction recipes you can buy from Lycini, Caretakers, Survivors and Qaijiri will now be Bound to Account, so once your main has the Rep, you can send your various crafting alts the recipes, excellent move

It seems as well the "new" Carnival mounts will be the same ones, Nebula and Tindrel but in new colours

Whereas Nebula was base silver last year, this year it'll be a Gold skin, as there's nothing on the PTS yet, no way of telling, hopefully it might be put up for testing this weekend and release next Wed/Thurs

Deleted
    i think nebula except of being gold now . the inside colour is not dark blue but more light. I cant tell much seeing the pic they have at the official site , but it seems so

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap...I'm going to be logging some serious hours on Rift it seems. This is all looking very good/engaging.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Last years carnival was an amazing world event, got my cake lord title on my rogue, its time to get it on my cleric ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Elrar has confirmed Update 2.2 Carnival of the Ascended is coming next week

RIFT 2.2: Carnival of the Ascended Arrives Next Week!

Hail Ascended!

The carnival celebrating the anniversary of your return arrives next week in Update 2.2 - with all new games, zone events, and prizes to win it's sure to be a fun and festive time.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...next-week.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...next-week.html
    I got there first brah >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    i think nebula except of being gold now . the inside colour is not dark blue but more light. I cant tell much seeing the pic they have at the official site , but it seems so
    Yeah Nebula is a beast. I am going to get it for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Well it looks like the other 10 games I play are getting benched for a month. Gimme my pony!
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Yeah Nebula is a beast. I am going to get it for sure

im curious to see how the tindrel will be this year, last year's awesome !!
    will the carnival have any dimension items to get?? it will be very nice!
    Last edited by mmoc1931fa0253; 2013-02-22 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    im curious to see how the tindrel will be this year, last year's awesome !!
    will the carnival have any dimension items to get?? it will be very nice!
    I still remember last year when Tindrel's noise was awfully loud and besides that the noise wouldn't go away even when you dismounted
    New Nebula looking great btw!

Welp, next week is when I jump back in again then. Been away for a while waiting for new content (I'm casualbad and don't raid). Yay for content patches with events!

Deleted
    did they show anything at the livestreaming today? i missed cause i was playing :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the new 10 man was going to be added as well. What happened with that?

Grim Awakening hasn't started testing yet, the name was just in the achievements tab on the PTS. I believe it's intended to be released in 2.3 or 2.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I thought the new 10 man was going to be added as well. What happened with that?
    One of the Raid designer Devs Cyzo has posted:

we are playing around with some new methods that you will see when the new Sliver, Grim Awakening, goes live on PTS (which should be within a week or two).
    It's on the way, the fact that it should be up on the PTS just after 2.2 drops does suggest it will be incoming in 2.3 indeed

It's also worth reading the rest of the article as Trion are trying out that "most" boss encounters will be up on the PTS in future for, well testing:

Dungeon/Raid Testing and YOU!

Hey all, we're making this post in order to enlighten you guys about our general philosophy towards dungeon testing moving forwards and to hear what you like and dislike in regards to these methods.

Having new encounters open on PTS is an excellent way for us to find bugs, get continual feedback on numbers for tuning, and get general feelings about mechanics. The one downside is that guilds can "progress" through testing and when the content goes live they may be able to clear it within the first day or week. We feel that the sheer number of benefits from this method outweigh the negatives. Moving forward we plan to have all dungeon content available on the PTS. Final encounters will potentially be dev only tested to keep some mechanics under wraps, along with various other spot testing with devs on their own encounters at their discretion to iron out more complex mechanics in a manner similar to how raid testing has traditionally functioned.

From what we’ve seen and heard in regards to Hard Mode PTS testing we think that this model functions well based on how much valuable feedback we have received from you guys. We believe that most of you would agree that having these encounters open has led to some well-tuned and bug free fights. Going forward we encourage you to reach out to me or Halvon with feedback, parses, general feelings, and of course streams/videos are extremely helpful. You can PM us with information; we are always open to chat. We want to make testing as fun and painless as possible so we are playing around with some new methods that you will see when the new Sliver, Grim Awakening, goes live on PTS (which should be within a week or two).

If you have any suggestions or concerns about PTS testing please bring them up here or PM if you want to be more discrete. We want to bring you guys the absolute most fun content we can, so getting your voice heard is extremely important since you are the ones playing it! One final note, if you guys can refrain from guild drama/flames in feedback threads we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
    The Dungeon Team
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...sting-you.html

I just hope 2.2 does not drag on for 2 months like last year.... so dam boring I even re-installed swtor to play something outside raiding lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    I just hope 2.2 does not drag on for 2 months like last year.... so dam boring I even re-installed swtor to play something outside raiding lol
    There are much better options than that.
    BAD WOLF