Question Ret PvP Status - Returning Player

I am returning to wow from a break and am curios about Rets pvp viability at the moment. Paladin used to be my main but I do have almost every other class at 85. Is Ret in a good state in pvp atm? or should I go with one of my other characters? Keep in mind I would prefer to keep my paladin as my main but not if ret is subpar (or looking subpar for the upcoming patch) and I am not really interested in holy for the time being (have played way too much holy in the past). Any input would be great, thank in advance.

Deleted
    on live we are a dogshit spec. We get some love in 5.2 tho but we still need alot of fixes... imo we are weak and i would go with another class untill they do something

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is a 3 miniute wonder. Wings n kings, baby.

Outside of cds its only OK but 5.2 is bringing some buffs.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Ret is a 3 miniute wonder. Wings n kings, baby.

Outside of cds its only OK but 5.2 is bringing some buffs.
    Yeah, so in 5.2 Ret will be a 2 minute wonder. Great buffs

5.2 will offer a LOT more for rets than 5.1. Hand of Sac is becoming a dispel for rets.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    5.2 will offer a LOT more for rets than 5.1. Hand of Sac is becoming a dispel for rets.
    so now ret can do twice every 2 minutes what holy can do every 8 seconds? yeah, great buff. keep in mind an integral part of ret play in seasons past was it's ability to dispel magic. RWD for instance would not have worked with out ret's magic dispel. losing that was a pretty big blow in cata, but the potency of the healing made up for it. no more potent heals? what does ret have now?

its a step in the right direction, but its not nearly enough. the spec still has massive issues with being trained, zero synergy with casters and poor sustained pressure.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2013-02-21 at 12:02 AM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Dont lvl a ret pally. Id rather fistweave in pvp..

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    is and always will be the under loved step child. makes me sad. 5.2 is bringing some buffs but its still at the bottom of the melee pool, along with enhancement.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.