Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Testing the 100%crit for pvp.

    20min testing, procced 4 times.
    really bad, even though im aoeing 4 dummies with many attacks as destro and demo, proc chances are really low.
    destro chaosbolt gains around 100kdmg (not as excpected), the 100% is gained in stat ie if you got 16% normal crit, with proc it writes 116%.
    proc is 3~4sec, very hard to get anything with it.
    demo doom works with it, getting 100% crits on dooms with full cd is nice, but not sure worth the 5% pvp power lost.
    going to try afflic now.
    so far it seems ok, i guess we shouldnt be using it anyways.

  2. #2
    thank you for testing this. makes me feel a little bit more @ ease
    Read the signature rules

  3. #3
    Affliction with SB:SS can make 2 targets with 100% crit dots, pretty nice, but the rare proc is rare with affliction it took me 10min to proc once, with 4 dummies fully dotted and spamming SoC with MG.

    btw, only the dots crits, the dmg from MG does not (after the proc wears off, the dots continue to 100% crit but everything else doesnt.)

  4. #4
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    I stopped testing the trinket after having 3 procs in 10 seconds and not a single one in more than 5 minutes of spamming abilities. Either their Realppm is bugged as hell or it is the crappiest thing ever implemented :s
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    crappiest thing ever implemented :s

    This. I've felt this way about it since Jade Spirit was changed to it. Its terrible, and it takes away from an aspect of fun and challenging gameplay; watching your trinket ICDs and planning accordingly. Now we can just faceroll, and react to procs instead of planning around them. Boring.

  6. #6
    Point is, useless to pvp...
    i wouldnt even use it to pve actuelly, the other trinkets seems better.

  7. #7
    Blademaster Vreivai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Not China
    Posts
    42
    If the proc rate is really that bad, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets hotfixed after release.

    Still, rather disappointing that such an interesting looking trinket seems worthless.

  8. #8
    Essence of terror 2.0

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    This. I've felt this way about it since Jade Spirit was changed to it. Its terrible, and it takes away from an aspect of fun and challenging gameplay; watching your trinket ICDs and planning accordingly. Now we can just faceroll, and react to procs instead of planning around them. Boring.
    How is a dynamic reaction more faceroll than having a timer point to you exactly when you'll get your buff?

  10. #10
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    How is a dynamic reaction more faceroll than having a timer point to you exactly when you'll get your buff?
    Because there is no planning. You smash your button because something just popped randomly, that's what RPPM is, faceroll.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Because there is no planning. You smash your button because something just popped randomly, that's what RPPM is, faceroll.

    This, exactly this. If we ever have another Patchwerk, or close to Patchwerk fight, it'll be a snooze-fest.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Because there is no planning. You smash your button because something just popped randomly, that's what RPPM is, faceroll.
    I'm wondering how this will actually play out, because planning was one of the things I thoroughly enjoyed in raiding. With that gone the only thing left to enjoy is the encounter and by the standards set by Sha of Fear, Amber Shaper and Lei Shi that's pretty bad.

  13. #13
    Perhaps we need to get some posts going about this on the official forums. Maybe they'll see that PPM simply isn't fun for us, and revert it.

  14. #14
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,560
    Report this to the Developers so it can be dealt with. Chances are, this isn't just bad RNG.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Because there is no planning. You smash your button because something just popped randomly, that's what RPPM is, faceroll.
    I disagree completely. It has to be harder to utilize a proc if you don't know when it will occur (not factoring in the RNG to it). Saying there is no planning to it is also wrong.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I disagree completely. It has to be harder to utilize a proc if you don't know when it will occur (not factoring in the RNG to it). Saying there is no planning to it is also wrong.

    How is it harder? Annoying =/= harder. Planning around your trinket ICDs is what keeps the game from being boring, with this system, Destro and Demonology are going to be extremely boring. Affliction can react with SB:SW, but I find Affliction boring as hell either way.

    Also, its impossible to plan around a proc that has no ICD. Saying that there's planning involved in PPM is simply naive, imo.

  17. #17
    Because you will still pool energy for your strongest procs.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Because you will still pool energy for your strongest procs.

    None of the procs are stronger than Dark Soul. Without the ability to properly plan for them, they're nothing more than bonus dps that pops up here and there that you can barely capitalize on. Its an even bigger issue with something that last for as short of a time as the 100% Crit trinket does. If it procs while Meta is on CD, the entire proc is wasted. If it had a proper ICD, you could hold Meta when the ICD is off in preparation for the proc. That is planning around a trinket, not reacting to something you have no control over.

    Also, can you honestly tell me that you react to Jade Spirit in its current state? Outside of Affdots holding your hand for you, I seriously doubt it.

  19. #19
    The crit trinket is questionable, of course. But the other trinkets from ToT have really strong procs witht a longer duration. Using energy resources preemptively without being capped at said energy is a waste when it could be saved for your stronger procs/CD's. Worst case scenario by pooling energy you are spamming Shadowburn/ToC(/Soul Fire) at the very end of the fight or in Affli's case dumping soul shards into Haunt before the <20% execute.

    Nothing changes with the RPPM procs except you can't plan ahead knowing when the procs will occur so you're forced to react to them which will be harder because you have to pay more attention and also can't make sure you are in a position where you can fully utilize them (like movement for example).

    I ignore Jade Spirit most of the times because it's a rather weak proc, but I'm sure optimal play would suggest being prepared for that as well.

  20. #20
    I still believe it takes a lot away from what makes the game fun for me. I really hope its reverted, or at least redesigned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •