Blood Infusion as 90 - Need a little help

Hi people

I'm on the quest unholy infusion and am going to have no problem with that, but it's the blood 1 i want a little help on.

The forum posts i have read seem very vague, and differ depending on the website.
    Could you please provide me with an indepth guild on how to do this (as detailed but simple as possible)

Also this info would be helpful

Is there still an enrage on Blood Queen 25 normal (if so is it still 5.30?)

Do i have to bite 3 people and then kill her, or can i kill after biting 1 person?

How many 90s are we going to want roughly? (please include healers and what not)

and of course, anything special me being the infuser has to do ?

All help will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Borloranigg; 2013-02-21 at 06:40 AM.

I did it 2 weeks ago, it is not very hard:
    enrage should not be an issue (at all), healers shouldn't be needed, as long people are aware of their own hp

the quests requires you to bite 3 people WHILE having Shadow's Edge equiped, you can equip another weapon inbtween bites (failed once because I forgot to change back to Shadow's Edge)
    furthermore, you have to be hit be blood mirror, to do that, run in as the second person (1 runs in to tank, then you everyone else slacks untill first bite)
    we had some issues with the bite, she should bite the person highest on threath who isn't the tank, but she kept biting the tank, so might take a try or two. what we did on the succesful try, the 'tank' ran in took aggro, I ran in (with Shadow's Edge equiped) got the debuff, equiped my real wep, and did as much dmg as possible (so I got aggro) and got bitten

we were 4 people when I did it (you can do it with 3 but harder and depends alot on the set-up), we had a pala (tank, badly geared), an ele shaman (useful for ankh), a SP and myself
    after I got bitten, everyone started dpsing, when 1. bite came around, I bit the Shaman, he did as much damage as he could, when the debuff were about to run out he died (not easy to die mind you, as you heal yourself by dameging)
    he ankhed, I bit him again, he died again, and I bit the priest (iirc), by that time I had failed 1 bite (didn't equip Shadow's edge), so we waited till next bit, priest bit the shaman and I bit the pala, and we bursted the last part.

it wasn't very hard, with a few more people it would be alot easier (but remember not to kill her), if possible, bring a lock, their life tap is very useful when they have to die + they have SS

it is very easy, you just need good communication, that is all

GL

Quote Originally Posted by daluur View Post
    I did it 2 weeks ago, it is not very hard:
    enrage should not be an issue (at all), healers shouldn't be needed, as long people are aware of their own hp

the quests requires you to bite 3 people WHILE having Shadow's Edge equiped, you can equip another weapon inbtween bites (failed once because I forgot to change back to Shadow's Edge)
    furthermore, you have to be hit be blood mirror, to do that, run in as the second person (1 runs in to tank, then you everyone else slacks untill first bite)
    we had some issues with the bite, she should bite the person highest on threath who isn't the tank, but she kept biting the tank, so might take a try or two. what we did on the succesful try, the 'tank' ran in took aggro, I ran in (with Shadow's Edge equiped) got the debuff, equiped my real wep, and did as much dmg as possible (so I got aggro) and got bitten

we were 4 people when I did it (you can do it with 3 but harder and depends alot on the set-up), we had a pala (tank, badly geared), an ele shaman (useful for ankh), a SP and myself
    after I got bitten, everyone started dpsing, when 1. bite came around, I bit the Shaman, he did as much damage as he could, when the debuff were about to run out he died (not easy to die mind you, as you heal yourself by dameging)
    he ankhed, I bit him again, he died again, and I bit the priest (iirc), by that time I had failed 1 bite (didn't equip Shadow's edge), so we waited till next bit, priest bit the shaman and I bit the pala, and we bursted the last part.

it wasn't very hard, with a few more people it would be alot easier (but remember not to kill her), if possible, bring a lock, their life tap is very useful when they have to die + they have SS

it is very easy, you just need good communication, that is all

GL
    Alright thanks, i was thinking about bringing my mate blood DK to tank, and some good dps maybe 6 or 7, and obviously me, i think i might just keep Shadow's Edge equipped the whole time, and just have people dps her to about 40 - 30%.. I saw someone else talking about using battle resses, with that, do they kill themselves once they have been bitten, or after they bite me back?

Quote Originally Posted by Borloranigg View Post
    Alright thanks, i was thinking about bringing my mate blood DK to tank, and some good dps maybe 6 or 7, and obviously me, i think i might just keep Shadow's Edge equipped the whole time, and just have people dps her to about 40 - 30%.. I saw someone else talking about using battle resses, with that, do they kill themselves once they have been bitten, or after they bite me back?
    very good idea to bring more people, and to have Shadow's Edge equiped at all times
    they just have to die before their debuff runs out (can be tricky as you heal yourself when you deal dmg when you've been bitten)
    you will be bitten by the boss, and you will have to bite someone every 60(70?) seconds, noone can bite you (and you can't bite someone already bitten)
    by having people kill themselves you make sure that you don't have too many who have been bitten before you can bite everyone
    if the first you bite, dies, noone else should have to, if you bring the amount of people you said you would

So long time lurker 1st time poster. My DK is Aventhos from Barthilas. I too am on this quest and the idea of rezzing never crossed my mind, odd. This got me thinking though. Would it be able to 2 man this with a lock?

59.4m HPs in the 3 bite window.

1) Get bitten 1st.
    2) DPS for 1 min
    3) Bite lock (1)
    4) Lock Dies before 5 seconds or so before bite timer end. SS up.
    5) Bite lock again (2)
    6) Lock Dies before 5 seconds or so before bite timer end. DK resses lock
    7) Bite lock again (3)
    8) Finish off blood queen.

Is it remotely possible to down 59.4 mill HP with the 100% buff and the ICC buff in 2 toon 500+ gear.
    If my calculation is correct that 15+60+60(bite1)+60(bite2)+60(bite3) = 255 seconds or 4:15 to down

SO.

59,400,000 / 255 = 232,941 dps
    233k / 2 = 116.5k dps.

Would this work or am i crazy?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    [snip]
    You're going to need more people. Don't forget you have to be hit by Blood Mirror first, THEN do the biting.

This description
    might help. It's a wee bit out of date (pre-MoP) but it still has enough info about all the critical mechanics. I'd think you would want to add some legitimate tanks into your mix and it might work, but don't quote me on that.

Ok so to be safe best to get a real tank and 3 man it and still do the lock death part. Though it begs the question. Why not have the lock pet tank it instead? so that 2nd thread the DK (me) would get bitten and then continue the process? Or am i missing a piece on the mechanic part.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Ok so to be safe best to get a real tank and 3 man it and still do the lock death part. Though it begs the question. Why not have the lock pet tank it instead? so that 2nd thread the DK (me) would get bitten and then continue the process? Or am i missing a piece on the mechanic part.
    I do not believe that she can cast blood mirror on a lock pet, but the lock could be able to tank it at first (shouldn't be to big a problem, and will only be an issue before he has to die)

It is (in theory) possible to do it 2 people (the second being a lock or shaman) I tried it with my brother (shaman), niether of us have very good gear around 470, we had issues making him die (would be a lot easier with a lock) but it will be very frustrating, the lock will have to die shortly before bite timer, but long enough time before so you have time to ress him before your timer runs out.
    bringing a 3. person would help very very much, I almost did it 3 people, the 3. was a (prot) pala, he tanked it, and I bit the shaman, ressed him, bit him again, and we realized he had his ankh on CD (sucked) so I bit the pala with the 3. bite, and we got MC'd at 1% I think, and we didn't have time to give it another try

2 good geared people can do it, but it will be very hard! and possibly require many attempts, also keep in mind that you have to change weapons before you bite, and you will have to change back right after the bite in order to do any dps.

GL, I'll suggest that you try 2 persons, and report back if it isn't possible, grab a 3. member and it should be easy

PS. on the tries I did only 2 persons, the shaman tanked untill I got biten, and I taunted, this makes her run a little back and forth, don't really know why, but the 2. person doesn't really have to tank it for more than 15 seconds.

PPS. just if anyone was wondering, I tried to 2-man it (failed a couple of times), invited a 3. person (failed twice I think (1 being around a 1% wipe), and we had to split), and did it the following day 4 persons (the forth wanted to tag along and clear the rest of the raid)

Quote Originally Posted by daluur View Post
    very good idea to bring more people, and to have Shadow's Edge equiped at all times
    they just have to die before their debuff runs out (can be tricky as you heal yourself when you deal dmg when you've been bitten)
    you will be bitten by the boss, and you will have to bite someone every 60(70?) seconds, noone can bite you (and you can't bite someone already bitten)
    by having people kill themselves you make sure that you don't have too many who have been bitten before you can bite everyone
    if the first you bite, dies, noone else should have to, if you bring the amount of people you said you would

Sorry, it didn't really make much sense, so you're saying that they don't bite me back? I would think that means i can only bite 1 person, and what i was asking is this:

i get bitten first
    bite a pally
    pally dies (before he bites someone)
    i battle res pally
    then what happens?

Stand by the tank and get blood mirror, you then get gushing wound move away from the tank to drop blood mirror, blood queen bites you, you bite 3 people, kill blood queen, done.

I'm sure you can find an icc25 group to do this junk for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Borloranigg View Post
    Sorry, it didn't really make much sense, so you're saying that they don't bite me back? I would think that means i can only bite 1 person, and what i was asking is this:

i get bitten first
    bite a pally
    pally dies (before he bites someone)
    i battle res pally
    then what happens?
    sounds like you havn't really understood the mechanics of the bite:
    you get bitten by the boss, you get a debuff (that increases your dmg and such) it lasts for 60 or 70 seconds, can't remember
    after that you have 10 seconds to bite someone
    after you've bitten someone, you will get the 1. debuff again, which means that there are currently 2 people with that debuff, and (if noone dies) 2 people that has to bite someone

after you bite someone, you keep the buff, you do not lose it, as you think

doing it in back when it was current content, you first would have 1 with bite, then 2, then 4, 8, 16 and then you're screwed
    which is why you want to have people dying when not being very many, if noone dies you have to be at least 8 persons, and then everyone would be bitten in the end

hope it clears up things a little

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using two people, you will get the first bite and you also have blood mirror nigh-permanently. I don't see how this is a problem. Perhaps for threat, but that's about it (and with a warlock you should be fine). bite1 -> dk -> bite2 -> lock dies -> SS's -> bite 3 -> lock dies -> raise ally -> bite 4 -> kill boss. It's that simple.