Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    And for the rest of us who don't have 100k + gold sitting around...? On my server anything past iLevel 476 is like 20 - 30k minimum.

I can guarantee you the vast majority don't have that kind of money (after gearing my main I'm down to like 11k) and I assume most people won't be pugging MSV H on a fresh 90. So you can't exactly say the game is "alt friendly" because someone in a top guild can quickly gear up an alt.
    That is odd. I threw 496 gloves and chest on my DK alt the other day for exactly the cost of mailing it between alts. The blood spirits cost nothing but the time to raid and dissenchant gear. The spirits of harmony cost nothing but the time to grow them on the farm. If I were to be forced to purchase from the ah 476 would have cost no more than 5k each. Although your economy may be inflated I am sure you are exhagerating at raid finder level gear costing 20k.

Not a top guild 5309 U.S.

Which can be verified here: http://www.guildox.com/wow/guild/us/Antonidas/Judgement
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    And for the rest of us who don't have 100k + gold sitting around...? On my server anything past iLevel 476 is like 20 - 30k minimum.

I can guarantee you the vast majority don't have that kind of money (after gearing my main I'm down to like 11k) and I assume most people won't be pugging MSV H on a fresh 90. So you can't exactly say the game is "alt friendly" because someone in a top guild can quickly gear up an alt.
    First, making gold in mop is extremly easy, I made 20k from betting with my mate about which one of us would win the dps meter on our alts in lfr last night:P. Even just doing something/anything in wow will get you gold (dailies, reagents dropping, herbs/ores everywhere, boes in raids) with barely any expenses (gems are practically free, repairs are paid by the guild, "respecing" is 40 s, etc). Yes, if you want to get 100k quickly you are probably better off playing the ah but even that doesn't take that much time either. I simply stated that if you want to get to 480 ilvl in 5 days it's very much possible without spending a ton of time (but yes, it might cost you a bit).

If you aren't willing to spend much gold it may take you a reset to get 480 (if you're unlucky), not that much worse. You ding, you enter a msv grp (no, there's no ilvl req for a msv normal if you have done it on your main+is reasonably convincing, my mage was pulled above or close to 60k on every boss in msv, more than enough to beat the enrages, in 450 ilvl gear), these drops (ask to get every piece that no one wants, even if it isn't your armor type, boosts ilvl)+sha boots+a conquest piece should bring you into hof+terrace lfr, after you've done these pug terrace and lfr and you're there or very close to.

Normally you wouldn't expect to get your alt to same the same gear level as your main in a week, that wouldn't be alt friendly, that'd be silly. No, if you can't/haven't done terrace and hof on your main yet want to get an alt to 480 ilvl it takes a while. Someone with hc achives and above 500 ilvl gets their alt to 480 within a week, someone with 480 ilvl and normal msv gets their alt to 460 in week, I'd say that makes more sense than every new char being at the ilvl of your main in a week since that would nullify all the progress and time you spent on your main.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-02-21 at 04:56 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    That is odd. I threw 496 gloves and chest on my DK alt the other day for exactly the cost of mailing it between alts. The blood spirits cost nothing but the time to raid and dissenchant gear. The spirits of harmony cost nothing but the time to grow them on the farm. If I were to be forced to purchase from the ah 476 would have cost no more than 5k each. Although your economy may be inflated I am sure you are exhagerating at raid finder level gear costing 20k.

Not a top guild 5309 U.S.

Which can be verified here: http://www.guildox.com/wow/guild/us/Antonidas/Judgement
    "The blood spirits cost nothing but the time to raid and dissenchant gear." So you spent time with another toon to do that. Try to think about people with only one level 90 toon, few hours a week, and no tens of thousands of gold. These don't go from fresh 90 to 480 item level in a couple days.

Crafted 496 gear can cost 20-40k, depending on gear and realm. 476 should cost around 5k, as you say, but one can't gear up only with crafted 476 stuff (unless having enough time to farm materials OR enough gold, which in my example we don't).

I think that's the point the other posters are trying to make, it's all ok if you have enough hours a week to play, or more than one geared toon, or already had enough gold. Think people who do enjoy raiding but only play around 6 hours a week, have only one level 90 toon, and don't have 100k gold from previous expansions.

Trying to go back to (what I think is) the OP original point: why are justice points basically worthless?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    because the 496 requires no rep, and the 522 does. If you wanna wait, then wait for the 552 rep, if not, get the 496. it's simple.
    According to blue posts, there is a 522 item for every rep level including neutral and getting to friendly is 1 boss kill. Also the 496s require revered.

I got to ilevel 470 in 5 hours worth of gaming without buying any gear. I play an hour a day so it was easy to keep track of the time. 5 hours after hitting level 90 I was ilevel 470.

I was exalted with Klaxxi by time I hit 90 due to human rep bonus + DMF bonus + rep token + a few dailies I did while leveling to 90 (like 6). I bought a 463 weapon, got the 489 ring from the exalted quest, killed the sha for the 473 boots, Got revered with Golden Lotus for the 463 chest piece, got the valentines 480 necklace (could of gotten exatled with GL instead if no valentines event happening for 489 necklace), 2or 3 463 drops in heroic dungeons, went into 460 LFR MSV and got 2 items from the 6 bosses and moved into Heart of Fear where I got a pair of shoulders that look like my tier shoulders. I also killed 2 of the 3 rare PVP spawns in karasang wilds for two ilevel 483 trinkets (which are useless in pve but will get you into HoF) and 250 honor per kill to pick what ever PVP 458 gear I needed to lift my ilevel on specific armor slots. Now I need trinkets as my PVE trinkets are only 434 and they are holding me back, I use the pvp 483 trinkets to get me into HOF, once in I switch back to the pve trinkets for useful stats.

After 5 hours at level 90 I am around I level 471 or 472. I've only done the dailies for shado pan since those first 4-5 days (I finished all Tau-Long steps to get to honored while leveling) to get enchant recipies, Klaxxi to get to 90, and Golden Lotus to Revered (which took about 4-5 days). I havent spent any valor yet as I am saving it for 5.2.

I only spent gold on 463 weapons from a klaxi vendor.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-02-21 at 06:33 PM.

amen i have horible gold trouble i have been quite the slacker on daily's every day and suck at professions yes having JC on your main and deleting its mining couse you want bs for extra sockets to doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Took me 5 days to get a new 90 to 480 item level, its so easy I'm not sure what the fuss is about MoP not being alt friendly.
    Spell out what you did to get to 480 that you had control of.

With 5 days you could not have had enough valor to buy anything so that's out.

You could have gotten the exalted Klaxxi freebie ring.

You could theoretically have gotten all 463 from dungeons and upgraded it all to 471. -9 from 480 x number of 471 slots

So without buying gold items on the AH and in great quantity or getting very, very lucky in LFR, you either 1) didn't get to 480 in 5 days
    or you bought a lot of AH items at a cost that would not be considered "alt friendly"

There's no way, even with extreme luck and only 3 elder coins that you got enough LFR/Sha/Galleon loot to hit 480 in 5 days without using 496 crafteds and a fairly large number of other BOEs.

Edit: This math will alter greatly with 5.2 and the 476 pvp items being available. But right now, hitting 480 in 5 days without using the AH isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Took me 5 days to get a new 90 to 480 item level, its so easy I'm not sure what the fuss is about MoP not being alt friendly.
    You can get geared fast when friends drag you through normal raids and you get lucky with drops...

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

You could theoretically have gotten all 463 from dungeons and upgraded it all to 471. -9 from 480 x number of 471 slots

So without buying gold items on the AH and in great quantity or getting very, very lucky in LFR, you either 1) didn't get to 480 in 5 days
    or you bought a lot of AH items at a cost that would not be considered "alt friendly"

There's no way, even with extreme luck and only 3 elder coins that you got enough LFR/Sha/Galleon loot to hit 480 in 5 days without using 496 crafteds and a fairly large number of other BOEs.

Edit: This math will alter greatly with 5.2 and the 476 pvp items being available. But right now, hitting 480 in 5 days without using the AH isn't possible.
    There are also three 483 pvp trinkets in Karasang wilds, Sha and Galleon drops, 476 BOA inscription gear, lots of 476 gear that you can craft with your own mats, and PVP gear. Scenarios can drop 476 gear as well. I also managed to get a 476 purple chest drop from a random loot drop, which was for a clothie but I sold it and bought a 476 leggings that I could use for the same amount of money.

Honor gear will be ilvl 476 after 5.2. Is it still going to be purple?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I've also seen a friend pull down 5 pieces of 483-489 gear from 6 bosses in HOF LFR the first time they went in. He did the same damn thing in DS too, another random hunter was suggesting he trade one or two of the drops to him since my friend was so lucky and it was 'Only fair after all since you won 5 rolls in a row." :P RNG is RNG so its entirely possible to get 480 in 5 hours. Probable, no, possible? Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

There's this thing called normal raids that has the potential to give you a lot of items.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    There's this thing called normal raids that has the potential to give you a lot of items.
    Potential, yes. You can also raid for several weeks and gain nothing (apart from valor points). Of couse you can even do a single raid in a single week and put your hands on more than one item, but that's just luck.
    Moreover, to start raiding you have to be around 475 item level.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.