Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo III: Farming

Hello MMO-champion,

I got some questions about diablo. I completed inferno and try to farm some nice items and get paragon levels. I join MP5 Public act 3 farms but always get lv 63 item yellow items that wont sell on the AH.

Does anyone of you guys got some tips for me what i should do to farm items more effective?
    Iam a monk with around 44k dps (low i guess), my battletag is: Jelmar#2513

Deleted
    MP0 Act3 or MP1 Act 2-3

Don't go in higher mp than you can do, you need to be able to clear fast and kill fast so low mp will do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    MP0 Act3 or MP1 Act 2-3

Don't go in higher mp than you can do, you need to be able to clear fast and kill fast so low mp will do
    Ok thanks!

Deleted
    high mp will do for exp farming

To continue OP's question, I get what you say about MP 0-1 farming just because of speed to get through the zone but doesn't MP5+ offer better rewards (drops) or am I wrong there? Clearing the zone even two times in the time I can clear an MP6 once - which would offer the chance at better stuff, the 50% slower clear of MP6 or the (2) clears of MP1 for the same time. I too, suffer from clearing MP 6 - and literally NEVER getting a drop worth selling.

No, MP levels has no effect on better loot.

Its all RNG, all the time. Play at whatever MP level you find good for speed. Go highere MP levels for demonic essence farming perhaps.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

You get 25% mf for every mp lvl you do. It does have some impact on drops.

You want low mp lvls (some say warriors rest run are best) for demonic essences. You dont need any stacks to make them drop. I have over 200 essences and 400k gold, i dont even pick them up any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

Its all RNG, all the time. Play at whatever MP level you find good for speed. Go highere MP levels for demonic essence farming perhaps.
    MP DOES increase magic find, as do paragon levels. This doesn't mean the loot will be higher level, but it mean's drops are more common, meaning higher item level loot on average.

People who say "its all RNG" don't understand how statistics work.

Deleted
    Exactly. This is true. Very true. Except not really.

As others have said, you should play on MP1 until you can handle higher MPs with the same speed. Speed is key.

Higher mp --> higher MF. MF affects the amount of prefixes that roll on item. Its not enough to get ilvl63 item, you need 6 prefixes(and at least 5 worthy) on it if you want to sell it.

But realistically 100mf you get from say switching from mp1 to mp5 is not worth it. Maybe you get 20% better chance to get an item with 6 prefixes.
    Maybe its even 50% - no one knows, blizzard hides formulas from players (and it will be like that until PS4 version release).
    But farming on mp1 gives you twice more yellow items per hour. Which basically means that you'll get twice more items with 6 prefixes. And twice more XP (which means more paragon levels and more MF in the end).

Does anyone of you guys got some tips for me what i should do to farm items more effective?
    Iam a monk with around 44k dps (low i guess), my battletag is: Jelmar#2513
    Yeah.. you should really switch to this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gYk!aXU!acbYca
    You'll get at least half as much dps. Most likely even more.
    Choose one resist (like poison resist for example) and stack it on all your gear. By doing this you'll be able to buy cheap items without allres while significantly increasing your survivability at the same time. For example your head instead of 58% allres would give your 106% allres alone. Which is pretty amazing if you ask me.

Later, when you farm enough gear, your should switch to Tempest Rush build. Which will significantly boost your farming speed. But you need proper gear for it and it may be pricey for a new player.

It doesnt matter what MP you farm on, what your Paragon level is, or if you stack MF gear. You will still get garbage drops all day long. Played 40 hours a week for 5 months and only sold a single item that was decent and still didnt get more than 20 mil for it. The only way people are running around doing MP8-10 and wearing 1 bil worth of gear is because they bought it all using RL money on the RMAH. If I played for so long and never got anything good then theres no possible way they beat RNG. I never once looted a single upgrade and the only way I was able to finally get past Act 1 was they forced me to buy off the RMAH cause my account was flagged for bad loot. I watch streams of people getting 10-12 legendaries per session and they must be hacking cause I never got 10 the entire time I played.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-03-03 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    It doesnt matter what MP you farm on, what your Paragon level is, or if you stack MF gear. You will still get garbage drops all day long. Played 40 hours a week for 5 months and only sold a single item that was decent and still didnt get more than 20 mil for it. The only way people are running around doing MP8-10 and wearing 1 bil worth of gear is because they bought it all using RL money on the RMAH. If I played for so long and never got anything good then theres no possible way they beat RNG. I never once looted a single upgrade and the only way I was able to finally get past Act 1 was they forced me to buy off the RMAH cause my account was flagged for bad loot. I watch streams of people getting 10-12 legendaries per session and they must be hacking cause I never got 10 the entire time I played.
    Quit this whining. "account flagged for bad loot"? Seriously?
    If you don't get any good loot in 5 month(!!!), you are doing it wrong. If you are paying rl money to play the game, you are doing it wrong.

At any given point of the diablo history there was an easy way to farm gear. Treasure chests farming, treasure goblin farming. Blacksmith's wife farming. Using right builds and right gear it was possible to do 17-20 seconds runs and statistically it was impossible to never get good loot. No matter what after 100000 runs you will ALWAYS get something valuable, guaranteed.

Another guaranteed way to get money fast was reselling items on AH. Buy cheap, sell for more, get rich in no time, random not involved at all.

Well, neither of the described methods can be considered "playing game". So if you really PLAYED the game the way you like instead of nonstop farming using the most efficient strategy, then its true, it was possible to play the game for month and never see anything good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Quit this whining.

-snip-

Well, neither of the described methods can be considered "playing game". So if you really PLAYED the game the way you like instead of nonstop farming using the most efficient strategy, then its true, it was possible to play the game for month and never see anything good.
    That just makes people in his position even less likely to play lol, not sure what your point was. Dont play the game, but play the AH? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    That just makes people in his position even less likely to play lol, not sure what your point was. Dont play the game, but play the AH? =/
    Yeah, I understand that it may look strange for people who are not familiar with main conceptions of d3.

My response consists of 3 separate parts.

1. If you played the game the way it was designed to be played - i.e. nonstop farming without much brain usage - and failed to succeed, then you did it wrong. Wrong gear choices, wrong farming spots, wrong item price estimation - I don't know. But its your fault. "account flagged for bad loot" is ridiculous.

2. It was possible to make as much money as needed using your brain, without random involved. Just another option.

3. If you played the game the way it was not supposed to be played, i.e. like real games like Skyrim, then you should not complain. Again, you did it wrong. Not entirely wrong, obviously. Playing the game just to beat it is a perfectly valid way of playing. But you have no right to complain that it was not interesting. You choose to play the game in a way it was not designed to be played. No wonder that you was not rewarded for doing this. Your mistake here is that you choose the wrong game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I understand that it may look strange for people who are not familiar with main conceptions of d3.

My response consists of 3 separate parts.

1. If you played the game the way it was designed to be played - i.e. nonstop farming without much brain usage - and failed to succeed, then you did it wrong. Wrong gear choices, wrong farming spots, wrong item price estimation - I don't know. But its your fault. "account flagged for bad loot" is ridiculous.

2. It was possible to make as much money as needed using your brain, without random involved. Just another option.

3. If you played the game the way it was not supposed to be played, i.e. like real games like Skyrim, then you should not complain. Again, you did it wrong. Not entirely wrong, obviously. Playing the game just to beat it is a perfectly valid way of playing. But you have no right to complain that it was not interesting. You choose to play the game in a way it was not designed to be played. No wonder that you was not rewarded for doing this. Your mistake here is that you choose the wrong game.
    Questioning peoples intelligence when playing a game that requires almost none doesnt really help your case. You can farm alkazer runs for days and still not find anything worthwhile if RNG decides to fuck you. RNG =/= skill or intelligence. Lots of people get stuck in a rut because of the extreme levels of RNG in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Questioning peoples intelligence when playing a game that requires almost none doesnt really help your case. You can farm alkazer runs for days and still not find anything worthwhile if RNG decides to fuck you. RNG =/= skill or intelligence. Lots of people get stuck in a rut because of the extreme levels of RNG in this game.
    This. After around 400 hours of solid farming the best loot I've sold are for about 10 million gold. 10 million gold inn today's money can't even buy you one good item. Sure hitting 100k DPS now days are rather doable, but getting past that requires lucky drop, ah play etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Using right builds and right gear it was possible to do 17-20 seconds runs and statistically it was impossible to never get good loot. No matter what after 100000 runs you will ALWAYS get something valuable, guaranteed.
    I don't think you understand statistics. You won't get garaunteed good loot, there is always a chance that you're that extremely unlucky person.

Actually, it's entirely possible that you play 2000+ hours and not even get 1 legendary. I'm not saying it's likely, but it is definitely possible. That's how statistics work.

And thats why there is no poin to play D3 just for the loot. Play WoW for loot, games where you get currency buying you loot or you get almost guaranteed loot. Playing D3 for loot is like spending hours after hours on slot machines. It's just stupid and has no sense at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    And thats why there is no poin to play D3 just for the loot. Play WoW for loot, games where you get currency buying you loot or you get almost guaranteed loot. Playing D3 for loot is like spending hours after hours on slot machines. It's just stupid and has no sense at all.
    Playing Wow is like spending hours after hours to get gear, and when another patch comes it's worthless and u have to do the same again, It's just stupid and has no sense at all.

i can do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't think you understand statistics. You won't get garaunteed good loot, there is always a chance that you're that extremely unlucky person.

Actually, it's entirely possible that you play 2000+ hours and not even get 1 legendary. I'm not saying it's likely, but it is definitely possible. That's how statistics work.
    Well, thanks for useless post I guess.
    Lets continue with useless facts:
    Its entirely possible that you will die in 3..2..1.. now!
    Its entirely possible that universe will disappear before you finish reading this message.
    Its entirely possible that your brain is controlled by aliens.
    Its entirely possible that god exists. Or that he is already dead.
    Its entirely possible to you will win a 500mil jackpot in lottery.

Now lets return to statistics. The main purpose of statistics is to show you in easy and obvious way how your chances look like.
    So if you would bother to create a simple graph with normal distribution of amount of legendaries dropped per thousand of elites killed, you would notice that "zero" is not represented when the number of elites exceeds curtain amount.
    Why? Because we live in real world where miracles never happen.
    If an average legendary drops once per 50 elite packs the chance not to see a legendary after 1000 elites is one per half a billion. Which way exceeds the amount of players, making it really unlikely to happen.
    2000+ hours of farming means 1 million elites. The chance not to see a legendary after 1million elite kills way exceeds the amount of atoms in our universe. BTW this number is pretty close to another number - the chance to get a perfect item.

So the main purpose of statistics is to show you your odds in possible situations. There is no exact definition for "statistically impossible". As many other phrases its figurative. Just as the word "impossible" is usually used figuratively (have you ever heard the phrase "Its f*cking impossible!"?). I'm using it for really low probabilities, usually when reciprocal of the probability exceeds the amount of atoms in our universe. Or when I talk about the chance of getting perfect item in d3