Deleted

[Books] Which Richard Dawkins book next?

I have read The God Delusion and The Selfish Gene, in that order.

Now I want to read more but not sure which book to get.

The God Delusion was fantastic, but I'm not sure I want to read something in that particular direction again. The reason is that I'm already as Atheist as anyone can get. Reading these subjects would be very interesting, but it would be like reading things I already know.

The Selfish Gene was incredible, and I think this is more in the kind of direction I want to go. Evolution topics explained in layman terms and written in an entertaining way.

I am thinking about The Greatest Show on Earth or The Blind Watchmaker. Any specific recommendations?

Thanks, and please no discussion about religion.

The Magic of Reality is a decent read, though it's aimed for a bit younger audiences.

You could also try tweeting him.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Deleted
    The Magic of Reality is a children's book. I'll get it when I have children

Anyone else?

Deleted
    Honestly just buy them all. They're all worth reading and extremely good additions to your library.

How is The Extended Phenotype? Is it readable by non-biologists?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I would recommend just getting them all

Magic of Reality is actually pretty darn good in my opinion, despite being a children's book. I read it to my nieces, and they actually liked it.
    Greatest Show on Earth is good as well, defiantly a recommendation.

If you liked "The God delusion", then Christopher Hitchen's book "God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" may be a good read for you as well, despite you already being a Atheist, it can shed some light on subjects you may have been indifferent to or was unsure about.

If that doesn't roll your boat, then perhaps a book by Neil deGrasse Tyson could be something, like "Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries" may be a interesting read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

If you are interested in evolution: The Greatest Show on Earth.

Deleted
    I really liked 'The Greatest Show on Earth' but then as someone else pointed out the Hitchen's book 'God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything' is also amazingly good.

Deleted
    Aren't all his books essentially about the same atheism > religion argument?

It's so odd, in Europe I automatically assume everyone is an Atheist/Agnostic until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    No, at least judging from The Selfish Gene, which was one of his earlier works and which was almost entirely about darwinian evolution and barely mentioned religion.

And I agree with your second sentence, but you'd be surprised :/
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

It's so odd, in Europe I automatically assume everyone is an Atheist/Agnostic until proven otherwise.
    And yet people still Christen or Baptize because it's become a social convention... There are few things more disgusting to me than the indoctrination of children, especially when it's to satisfy the petty expectations of others.

I would recommend Ancestor's Tale. It goes backwards from humans by common ancestors back to single celled organisms. Its fascinating how interconnected we are as a species to every other living thing on the planet. Also to the poster who asked if all his books are about religion; surprisingly his focus is on biology and evolution. He just happens to be a strong atheist.