Resto Log Review

So my guild just moved into 25 man and I felt like our healing was low. Our resto druid is pretty chronically low and I asked her if I could post here to have you folks review her logs. What does she need to improve? Is it just gear or is there something going real bad here?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tuskz/advanced

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qlnin2bfbgfg4nv6/

I took a quick overview of her logs from your Garalon & Blade Lord kill.

On garalon she did fine and managed to keep her healing up regardless of her gear, while on Blade Lord it looks like she didn't know the mechanics as good as she should do. Rejuvenating wind stepped people and keeping a better uptime on Lifebloom is going to be better on that boss. She should also make better use of her Swiftmend on Garalon.

A general advice would be for her to focus on keeping a better uptime on Lifebloom, using smart rejuvenations on tanks & debuffed people along with keeping that swiftmend on cooldown and let the initial "healing rain" heal in the ranged / meele camp. Also she should try out Nature's vigil as it doesn't seem like she is doing any DPS and therefor not utilizing the Heart of the wild.

However, you should keep in mind that resto druids are behind on healing in 25man and will get drastically buffed in 5.2. She also has very bad gear and should fully enchant everything.

In addition to Caynoe's pointers: From the logs it looks like you are running too many healers. In that situation, druids are even weaker than in general because the other healers sniper their hots. On Zorlok, your raid needed 180k hps, that's 3-4 healers. On Tayak 250k, 4-5 healers. Garalon was the fight where your healers actually had some healing to do (470k hps), and it looks much better here.

So, taking Garalon as example, a short analysis: Lifebloom uptime is low, this should to be close to 100% for lots of healing and Clearcasting procs. She used very few Rejuvenations, but made extensive use of Nourish. The latter spell shouldn't be used a lot except maybe to refresh Lifebloom, while Rejuv is the most powerful tool of resto druids. She didn't use a mana pot, which would give another 45,000 mana back. She didn't use Ironbark (damage reduction CD for other players) or Barkskin (for self). She didn't use Nature's swiftness which is a powerful single target heal CD.

Of course her output is limited by ilvl 430 items, 5 missing enchants, missing belt buckle, and Windsong. Also, the feet enchant does not stack with her tier 1 talent. And upgrading ilvl 476 items instead of buying new ones isn't such a good idea either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Also, the feet enchant does not stack with her tier 1 talent.
    Sorry but it actually do stack with feline swiftness, just tried it. 115% without the boot enchant, and 124% with the enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    Also she should try out Nature's vigil as it doesn't seem like she is doing any DPS and therefor not utilizing the Heart of the wild.
    Heart of the wild is still very useful for the static 6% int bonus. Taking Nature's Vigil isnt necessarily better, and I would not advise it in the case of the OP's druid, who seems be be having trouble dealing with the already existing CDs.[COLOR="red"]

edit: double post.

As others have said, LBx3 uptime should be near 100%. Glyph Regrowth, Lifebloom and Wildgrowth. The rejuv glyph seems nice, but nourish is just not a good spell for druids right now, even in dungeon gear. clearcasting should be used on regrowths (or healing touch), and during the garalon fight, the druid had 16 procs, but only 3 RG casts and no HT. Thats a lot of free healing being ignored. WG usage and SW seems decent, and harmony uptime for the most part is good, and innervate and other healing CD seem to be used fairly well.
    Last edited by Meejum; 2013-02-21 at 08:25 PM.