Deleted

HC Lich King save

Is it possible to kill only Lich King every reset?
    I mean, when I will save my alt with 11/12 (extending it every week) a then take this lockout with my main. With him I will kill the Lich King. Can I repeat this every reset by getting my alt's save? I have never seen anybody doing this on my realm. So, I have no idea if it works.
    I hope you get what I want to ask. I don't know how to explain it better.

No as that lock turns into 12/12hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say yes or no as to if it'll work, not heared of it being done, guess you can give it a try
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Znakharka View Post
    No as that lock turns into 12/12hc.
    Wrong. You can do what you are looking to do OP. I've killed Lich King in MoP using this strategy almost 100 times already this expansion, with numerous kills in the same week with alts, using one single 11/12 normal ID, then flip to heroic every time I form the group with said alt. I'd form the group, then kick the alt after I lock myself to the ID with the toon I would kill it on every week.

So to clarify:

I have two accounts. I use a dummy 85 rogue on my other account (Tokishy, with the 11/12 ICC 25 lockout that expired last week). I group Tokishy up with Vathral (my main that I want to kill H LK 25 on), and while Tokishy is the group leader, he extends his 11/12 ID from last week, and I zone my main in (Vathral) to activate the instance's lockout. I lock Vathral to it, I form the raid of 5-15 people to just kill LK. As we are summoning people inside, I kick Tokishy, I log Tokishy out. Vathral proceeds to kill LK with his raid, locking Vathral to that LK lockout. I log on Tokishy after the kill, and I just do it again with a different toon. I also did this process with Al'akir to avoid killing Conclave every week for my South Wind drake using my 85 druid on the same account until I saw it after 62 kills.

I did it for an ex-guildie until he saw invincible after 166 kills over the course of cata/mop, and I did it a few times for myself before my realm actually let invincible go to me for 240k.

This 100% works. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
    Last edited by Vathral2; 2013-02-21 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Yes it works, note that you'll lose the save in 5.2.

Deleted
    If you're using a 11/12 NORMAL(!) ID, yes it'll work. The ID only will turn into 12/12 HC, if it already was a Heroic-ID (as Heroic-IDs are like the old pre-Cata IDs).

Deleted
    So, I have to save my alt with normal 11/12 ? Otherwise, It won't work?

The only problem I see with this is that you can only pull HC LK if you have killed Putricide, Bloodqueen and Sindragosa on HC, which makes it impossible to use a NORMAL raid lockout. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    The only problem I see with this is that you can only pull HC LK if you have killed Putricide, Bloodqueen and Sindragosa on HC, which makes it impossible to use a NORMAL raid lockout. Right?
    This is no longer the case; you can switch to heroic difficulty for any boss at any time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they removed that part. Also, a lock only becomes binding to all characters if it's done on heroic, so if you do 11/12 normal and then swap in and do LK heroic then the lockout should persist as the character with the save hasn't been involved in any heroic activity therefore binding it to the same lock.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

That's been changed for a very long time.

Deleted
    For anyone that cares you can also clear 11/12 on 10man normal then leave the instance and change it to 25man heroic for the LK kill.

Oh I didn't think of him using a normal lock then switching to hc only for lk, so yes in that case it will work

Deleted
    If you save it with a normal you can't change it to hc Caus you gotte kill putri , blood queen and sindra on HC before engaging LK hc .

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    If you save it with a normal you can't change it to hc Caus you gotte kill putri , blood queen and sindra on HC before engaging LK hc .
    Again, they removed that requirement a long time ago. Before Cata even launched I think(it might have been with the 4.0 pre-patch).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Again, they removed that requirement a long time ago. Before Cata even launched I think(it might have been with the 4.0 pre-patch).
    They didn't remove that requirement for Dragon Soul though.

Deleted
    Well, today i soled 9 / 12 on my paladin (to have some heals on dragon -- on DK its too annoing and long). Then i invited friend, killed another boss to make him saved. Then i entered him lockout on my DK, killed last boss (professor). And then i wanted to set 25man HC for LK. But problem is that i cannot, since im aparently not eligible to parcipitate on encouter becouse im saved... soo i have no idea what have i done wrong, any ideas ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Veresa View Post
    Well, today i soled 9 / 12 on my paladin (to have some heals on dragon -- on DK its too annoing and long). Then i invited friend, killed another boss to make him saved. Then i entered him lockout on my DK, killed last boss (professor). And then i wanted to set 25man HC for LK. But problem is that i cannot, since im aparently not eligible to parcipitate on encouter becouse im saved... soo i have no idea what have i done wrong, any ideas ? ...
    exit the instance, set to 25man normal -> enter -> set to 25man hc while inside

(that worked for me at least when I had the same issue as the one you are describing)

Deleted
    Ah thanks that actualy works

Deleted
    I have 11/12 on my main. I was able to transfer this save on my alt and killed LK 25 hc. When I try to go in on my main instance is 12/12 even thou on /raidinfo i can see that LK is available. Is there any way I can still kill him on my main?
    Last edited by mmoce5b592d471; 2013-11-29 at 03:08 AM.