10+ Year Old Account

rift x-pac prices

hey guys i been thinking about picking up rifts new x-pac but i dont want to pay 39.99 for it.so i did some searching and seen the x=pac for as low as 24.95 from this site http://www.gamersgate.com/rift. is sites like this legit?are they safe? or is there a better place i could buy the x-pac?

It's £15 for the whole game on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...F8&me=&seller=

Click the '12 new' link and the top one (also sold by Amazon) is cheap as chips.

Expansion on it's own is £13: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storm-Legion...im_sbs_vg_h__1
    Last edited by Tarien; 2013-02-21 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    It's £15 for the whole game on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...F8&me=&seller=

Click the '12 new' link and the top one (also sold by Amazon) is cheap as chips.

Expansion on it's own is £13: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storm-Legion...im_sbs_vg_h__1
    ty for the info but im what you Europeans call a Yankee . any place/site state side you could recommend?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad in the US is still $39.99.
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    ty for the info but im what you Europeans call a Yankee . any place/site state side you could recommend?
    It was on sale at Christmas and there's always a chance it might go on sale again. It is sold through Steam as well, so that's another place to check for a sale.
    BAD WOLF

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It was on sale at Christmas and there's always a chance it might go on sale again. It is sold through Steam as well, so that's another place to check for a sale.
    Yes. I knew about Steam sale, but unfortunately I was told that their code won't work unless you have the original game with steam, and I bought Rift through amazon.com.

Also could I buy that European version and just add it to my US version? (Since I'm guessing it's the same code)

Thanks!

aww nvm is not a digital version of the game.
    Last edited by Angel25; 2013-02-21 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    I just decided to re-sub last week and bought Storm Legion for 17,49€ since they had the Valentine's day 25% off promotion running
    If only you had checked 4 days earlier mate (it ended on the 17th)... Best of luck finding a good deal!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    I just decided to re-sub last week and bought Storm Legion for 17,49€ since they had the Valentine's day 25% off promotion running
    If only you had checked 4 days earlier mate (it ended on the 17th)... Best of luck finding a good deal!
    Yes, I heard about that, but when I did it was too late. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep an eye on gamefly.com too I've seen 50% off for Rift and other games in the past.

Deleted
    It's almost Rift's second anniversary, so expect to see it go on a holiday sale, it normally doe's

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    It's almost Rift's second anniversary, so expect to see it go on a holiday sale, it normally doe's
    When is Rift anniversary in NA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    When is Rift anniversary in NA?
    1st March US
    4th March EU
    24th February if you've digitally pre ordered

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    1st March US
    4th March EU
    24th February if you've digitally pre ordered

aww, well it's march 2nd on no discount

Picked it up for $20 dollars at the local best buy about a week ago.

Edit: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rift%3A+...gion&lp=1&cp=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Picked it up for $20 dollars at the local best buy about a week ago.

Edit: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rift%3A+...gion&lp=1&cp=1
    this is correct-i picked up the storm legion and it included plain rift for 20$.i did not need the normal rift but best buy only sold the tow togehter and it was a good deal anyway.rifts site sells SL for 39.99 i got both for 20,winner =beat buy!

Since this got resurrected - just wanted to let anyone who might be interested, RIFT will be on sale for 25% off the usual price March 21st-25th when purchasing directly through us

This is also our Return to Telara event so you can come play RIFT on any of your existing characters for FREE with full access to Storm Legion all weekend long.

Cheers!
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Since this got resurrected - just wanted to let anyone who might be interested, RIFT will be on sale for 25% off the usual price March 21st-25th when purchasing directly through us

This is also our Return to Telara event so you can come play RIFT on any of your existing characters for FREE with full access to Storm Legion all weekend long.

Cheers!
    Thanks Elrar. I've been telling people here on this forum that that free week was coming up and that there would likely be a sale with it as well, however I did not take the time to look up the exact dates again. Now they know and hopefully they'll all try it and love it and buy it in that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post

Cheers!

25% is still far less then 50% off of what you guys charge at best buy,for both rift and SL.best buy was only 20$ for both,if anyone is goign to pick the game up,just go there.or maybe match the price?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    25% is still far less then 50% off of what you guys charge at best buy,for both rift and SL.best buy was only 20$ for both,if anyone is goign to pick the game up,just go there.or maybe match the price?
    Trion doesn't control what Best Buy charges for the boxes when they are being discounted months after release. You also can't expect them to price match to every Tom Dick and Harry electronics store in the world just because. That's pretty silly. If you need to rationalize it, consider it a convenience charge for not having to drive to a store and find a physical copy. They will let you instantly download it without moving out of your chair.
    BAD WOLF