Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

warlock destro/affli

Thing is i usually did play affli in start of MoP and thought it was fun and my lock friend was playing destro and i got so interested and had not played destro ever since i levelled my lock.. i thought my dps was fine in affli but i switched destro.. regemmed/reforged everything to destro stats and doing great amount of damage. Then i hear people keep talking about affli is the shit.. and im like okay lets go switch back.. i regem/reforge everything back to affli stats but still my destro dps is doing signifigant more dmg.. i've read and read and read about rotations.. openers and shit.. what can i be doing wrong ? possibly ?

Thank you

-Curseonyou

-Kazzak-EU

-Horde

Deleted
    Playing what other people tell you for one. Pick a spec you enjoy, play it to the max, tell others to jog on.

Deleted
    How about logs?

Deleted
    1. Affli IS the shit. Best dps in probably all encounters.
    2. If your destro dmg is significantly higher than your affliction dmg, than you're doing something wrong. This could be because:
    • You're playing it wrong -> Wrong playstyle/priority list
    • You're gearing/gemming/reforging wrong -> Wrong stat priorities
    3. If you like destro better than affliction and don't care for max dps, but rather for fun then definitely go with destro.
    4. If your guild is pve progress orientated forget 3. and continue with 5.
    5. L2P affliction by reading guides, watching video guides, observing good people play it (live streams, guild mates, etc)
    Last edited by mmoc029c04889c; 2013-02-21 at 02:39 PM.

I think this is the thread for you: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ore-posting%29

Since that's essentially what you are asking for.

Picked up destro yesterday to see how it plays since it's getting buffed and green fire. From my limited experience destro (single target) is very consistent dps. When played even half decently the amount it does doesn't really fluctuate that much. Affliction (which I've played since MoP launch) can vary heavily based on player skill. A player that just keeps dots up isn't going to do nearly as much as a player that is properly managing dots and shards. So that being said a poor afflic player can do less damage than an average destro player, but a great destro player won't be able to touch an afflic player of equal skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    A player that just keeps dots up isn't going to do nearly as much as a player that is properly managing dots and shards.
    The exact same can be said for a destro player who doesn't manage procs and embers correctly though, so in the end it's all the same.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 09:43 AM ----------

Though I agree that affliction gives your more room to shine when played well.

You can't compare waiting for procs to cast Chaos Bolt with refreshing dots with good intervals, utilizing Haunt and keep MG up. It's at least another 2-3 levels of difficulty when it comes to proc/CD management. With that said, Affliction requires a lower APM because of the high channeling time, so you should get more time to plan ahead for everything. Demo should actually still be the hardest spec to get the most out of.

Deleted
    That's why I said affliction gives you more room to shine, perhaps my choice of words was a bit off.

I was referring more to the fact that there are still some things you can do as destro to do better dps than just building/spending embers, same as you don't just refresh dots and cast haunt willy nilly.

Demo definitely was the hardest spec to get right though.