Thread: Patch release

Deleted

Patch release

Sorry if this is something that's not allowed to ask but I'm really looking forward to 5.2 , I've always played PvE mostly and I'm finally gaining some interest in PvP, currently going with a rogue but as everybody knows rogues aren't doing much at the moment, and the patch notes for the rogues seem to be very appealing, any idea on the release date?

This coming Tuesday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    This coming Tuesday
    Link to where Blizzard said this please?

6th march.

Source: front page.

At first they stated 26th/27th
    Then it was pushed back a week to give people time to acquire 3000 VP if they so desired since VP is not being converted to JP.
    And PvP season ends on the 5th so that would suit nicely with the patch arriving on the same day.

So I'm guessing the 5th/6th of March.

It's going to be 5th/6th or 12th/13th. They announced the PvP season ending on the 5th/6th so it won't be any earlier than that, and looking at the state of the PTR right now I wouldn't be surprised if they hold it off another week or so.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought most patches come out the week after the pvp season ends, so probably 12th or 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I thought most patches come out the week after the pvp season ends, so probably 12th or 13th.
    Ever since the ending of Season 8 patch has always dropped on the same day as the end of the season.

12/13th is my bet. PvP season ends on 5/6th and there <usually> is a 1-week interval.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the info, it's actually quite useful the delay since it will give me time to farm the VP cap

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Ever since the ending of Season 8 patch has always dropped on the same day as the end of the season.
    so we dont have a pattern anymore? :/

wonder when its going to drop

Deleted
    99% sure it's 5th/6th. HotS is launching 12th, and while the player bases might not clash with each other that much, I doubt Blizzard will launch a patch for WoW and an expansion for SC2 at the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    so we dont have a pattern anymore? :/

wonder when its going to drop
    I'd say 4 seasons, going on 5 seasons starting this way in a row is a pattern. (Season 8 - 12, this new season will be 13)

Blizz is pushing to complete raid testing. 25-man testing starts today and will end Monday. A few more days for 25-man Heroic testing and they'll be done. Only thing left to test is the Stages of Thunder Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDhom View Post
    I'd say 4 seasons, going on 5 seasons starting this way in a row is a pattern. (Season 8 - 12, this new season will be 13)
    You just violated my biggest pet peeve, 8-12 is 5 seasons not 4, so we're going on the 6th season. So yes, there is a decent curent pattern.