Deleted

Feng HC 10 man - Shield phase utility advice needed

Howdy, folks.

Attempting Feng 10 man HC tonight, I was wondering just what utility our setup has (Or could have with a respecc) that could help with the Shield phase without having to wait until everyone is about so i can ask them, just so i can plan ahead.

We current have:

Blood DK (Myself, gonna see whether or not RW works better than GG)
    Protection Paladin
    Shadow Priest (Thinking that root tier 1 talent)
    Assassination Rogue (Would combat be better?)
    Affliction Warlock (Demo sounds so much better here, but he's rather inexperienced with the spec so there may be an overall DPS loss)
    Retribution Paladin
    Elemental Shaman
    Discipline Priest
    Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin

I've mentioned a couple of abilities that spring to mind initially, but I imagine there's stuff I've missed.

Any tips which would fully utilise our setup would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Desp

DK - our dk tank uses RW, the freeze is ultimatly going to work better than grasp because of the freeze
    paladins - all should be able to glyph blinding light to make it a knock-down that us not affected by damage, gives you 3 more seconds per add set
    priest - void tendrils
    rogue - maybe crippling poisons with FoK, but probably not necessary
    shaman - capacitor totem and unglyphed thunderstorm for knockback.

What you probably want to do is Have a paladin blind and shaman capacitor totem immediately when the adds spawn. Cap totem takes 5 seconds to trigger, so blind should fade directly into totem giving you ~8 seconds total. RW when cap totem is about to fade. By the time RW fades, the adds should be nearly dead and single-target stuns should be enough to deal with any stragglers. Have the shaman position himself between the adds and the shield AFTER they spawn so he can knock them all back with thunderstorm if needed.

Edit: side note, what order are you doing his phases and how are your nullification barrier timings working out? As a reference, we're going Staff > Shield > Fist > Spear, null barrier for the first arcane resonance, push to Shield phase before the 3rd resonance so we have barrier for the 1st and 3rd shield, then again for 1st and 3rd epicenter.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2013-02-21 at 04:42 PM.

warlock affliction can be VERY useful, get the 70% slow glyph and when adds spawns use it with soulburn, 15 secs 70% AoE slow, 7 secs cooldown. Also, he can use the 3 secs AoE stun.

Soon as they spawn I gorfiends grasp them to the farthest person then drop glyphed DND for 50% slow. I'm a blood tank.

Shaman drops stun totem and knocks back if necessary. Adds are pretty much dead by then. Death grip any stragglers.

I barrier the first and third shields and he dies before a 4th so we only have 1 add phase. We also 2 heal this which makes add looking faster.

Hope that helps

Deleted
    A few people seem to be forgetting that stuns have diminishing returns, so a capacitor from your shaman first is great but anything afterwards is going to be vastly reduced (1.5s in the case of lock/pala stuns). Soulburn glyphed CoE is great, as is mass grip (I'd use this over RW because of the stun DR mentioned before), bear in mind there's a hard timer for the adds so simply stunning/knocking/slowing them forever isn't going to work.

Deleted
    Phase 1 take arcane: Same as Normal
    Phase 2 take shield: Bubble the first shield, about 10 seconds before second shield use Bloodlust/heroism, Kill the spirits, slow em stune am (be careful with pushbacks, because you cant aoe if you spread them out too much). 3rd shield, bubble it, 4th shield (if there is a fourth shield you are screwed).
    Easy mode

The only advice I'm going to provide is this: Remember, control may be important when handling the shield adds, but so is DPS. All the CC in the world won't help if you don't kill them before he picks his shield back up (at which point he grips any remaining adds to him and heals).
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Use Gorefiend's for sure. You have Capacitor, Glyphed Blinding Light and Shadowfury for AoE stuns.

For the Rogue, Assassination > Combat. He should hold TotT and pop it on your best AoE person when the adds come out (Demo Lock if he respecs, else Ele Sham).

Also, why are you 3 healing? As long as you do the fight correctly, there really isn't that much to heal outside of arcane phase, which you should be doing first and even then, it's not that much damage. We 2-healed it in blues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    For the Rogue, Assassination > Combat. He should hold TotT and pop it on your best AoE person when the adds come out (Demo Lock if he respecs, else Ele Sham).

Also, why are you 3 healing? As long as you do the fight correctly, there really isn't that much to heal outside of arcane phase, which you should be doing first and even then, it's not that much damage.
    We're 3 healing because our healers aren't particularly highly geared. It's enough to do these fights as 3 heals and the normal as 2 heals, but no more.

Anyway, thanks for the info, all of you. It's much appreciated, I'm feeling slightly more confident now!

I also suggest 2 healing. Holy priest holy paladin is more then enough.

2 heal it. An extra DPS will make it a lot easier, and with the tank's bubble used properly (and stunning every other epicenter) you don't need to 3 heal. There are very few times in the fight where you should be taking tons of damage. Push thru arcane in 1 velocity with lust, shield phase isn't raid-wide burst damage, so it's not bad to heal. Earth phase is really a regen phase if done properly, and fire is also very easy if you let him get the first set of fires and bubble the second (shouldn't get a 3rd and may not even get a 2nd with an extra dps).

Don't forget that, even if they don't reach the shield due to knockbacks, stuns, grips, etc, after the timer expires they'll get sucked to the shield if they're not dead. You must kill them quickly no matter what, and 2 healing helps with that.

Aside from that, Ele sham can knock them back. DK has aoe grip. Lock can shadowfury. Spriest's root doesn't work.