Heroic WILL - Help me please

I fell like bag straps on this fight as Affliction. I dot up everything and SEED the Rages, drain for shards and dot up Strengths drain for shards, dot up Courage drain for shards then soak first spark. Everything flows smoothly but numbers wise I am doing TERRIBLE.

What am I missing?

Is AFF the best spec for this? Should I go DEMO for what seems like a DPS increase to AOE?

I really could care less about meters and all I want to do is help the guild down the boss and I feel right now I am not pulling my weight.

Thanks guys and gals.

This is for 25 MAN H Will

-Ardduc
    Last edited by Ardduc; 2013-02-21 at 04:57 PM. Reason: 25m WILL Heroic

10 man? Let a melee solo the strength and one other, commonly warlock, solo the courage. Everyone else on rages and gg. 25man, same thing, but add more people to each post, not sure of exact numbers. Our warlock was solo'ing the courage then nuking the boss with a few dots/stun on rages, and the same thing on 25 man. I don't think there is a real need to be attacking everything.

In 10h i wS able to keep dots rolling on every single add + the two bosses using sb. Ss.

I used soul burn 85 times
    I pulled 108k with 494 ilvl + my 2 pc doing this strat

Key to this strat is alwAys know whAt ur boss dots are doing. U dont want agony 10 stacks falling off

Started out low around 70k and worked my way up to 108k by the end

I was doing courage orbs. We had everyone switching to the courages. Next best dps was our warrior i think. He stAyed on the boss i think

I used kc

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:43 PM ----------

Logs if u want to see what was goin on
    /reports/rt-y6mt15r3kmgx2rc2/sum/damageDone/?s=5800&e=6424

I lied only 105 k. When u smoke as much as i do u tend to inflate ur dps sometimes :P
    Last edited by Tara senko; 2013-02-21 at 07:46 PM.

25m is definitely harder here and depends a lot on your guild's strat and your specific responsibilities. If you're soaking multiple sparks, it's harder to get and keep dots up on everything. If you're doing 8 Rage packs and ranged are on them, Demo will probably put more numbers up on that than trying to Seed spam, since ideally they'd be dying before multiple seeds would even go off. But keeping dots on the boss is important.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    25m is definitely harder here and depends a lot on your guild's strat and your specific responsibilities. If you're soaking multiple sparks, it's harder to get and keep dots up on everything. If you're doing 8 Rage packs and ranged are on them, Demo will probably put more numbers up on that than trying to Seed spam, since ideally they'd be dying before multiple seeds would even go off. But keeping dots on the boss is important.
    In my guilds first Heroic Will kill, which we managed to get after 17 attempts, myself and the other warlock played Demo. Our comp made Rage control annoying and therefore Demonology was ideal. Ensure that your group is rotating use of stuns/knockbacks. Remember to fully utilize Carrion Swarm and Shadow Fury. Additionally, if you are on add-duty I would recommend also talenting Harvest Life and Mannoroth's Fury. You can leave your Felguard on one of the two bosses once they spawn for the remainder of the fights duration.

Furthermore, if you do opt to play Affliction remember to glyph Curse of Exhaustion.
    Last edited by Zevoa; 2013-02-21 at 08:18 PM.

Don't know if 25man is that much different but on 10man we just kill everything as it spawns. I keep fel imp on one of the bosses the whole fight and just dot everything up. On nuke phases I just do the usual singe target rotation while keeping dots up on the other boss. Usually pullin 110k - 115k DPS with 498ish gear.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardduc View Post
    I fell like bag straps on this fight as Affliction. I dot up everything and SEED the Rages, drain for shards and dot up Strengths drain for shards, dot up Courage drain for shards then soak first spark. Everything flows smoothly but numbers wise I am doing TERRIBLE.

What am I missing?

Is AFF the best spec for this? Should I go DEMO for what seems like a DPS increase to AOE?

I really could care less about meters and all I want to do is help the guild down the boss and I feel right now I am not pulling my weight.

Thanks guys and gals.

This is for 25 MAN H Will

-Ardduc
    Please show your logs or at least tell us what your dps was like.

Oh btw, if you miss getting a Drain Soul off and find yourself out of shards (happens to me sometimes on 10-man) put DS up on a spark. You get all of your shards back when it explodes.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Don't seed. 2 rages on 10 and 4 rages on 25 and neither of them are enough for seed to be worth it. You will get way more dps by SB:SS all of them then recharging shards off of one of them dying.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Don't seed. 2 rages on 10 and 4 rages on 25 and neither of them are enough for seed to be worth it. You will get way more dps by SB:SS all of them then recharging shards off of one of them dying.
    This. If played properly you will very rarely have to hard cast DoTs as Aff on Will.

Deleted
    ^
    As said above, just soulburn soul swap all the things, drain soul anything that will die, use Glyph of CoE and Soul Consumption (makes the healers job so much easier on you) worldoflogsDOTcom/reports/rt-ugvcd0453a7gre9x/details/8/?s=4653&e=5173 - as you can see, I used 96 soul swaps in the fight.

Edit- Using Sup and sitting a pet on the boss is also optimal for affliction, can't see you MG-ing an add enough as Affliction for it to be anywhere near worth it for your team for you to use Sac

Edit- Using Sup and sitting a pet on the boss is also optimal for affliction, can't see you MG-ing an add enough as Affliction for it to be anywhere near worth it for your team for you to use Sac
    That is another good tip. I personally use Supremacy Imp since early on there is lots of target swapping and the melee pets lose a ton of dps moving everywhere. When the bosses spawn I have a macro that swaps him to passive and puts him on one of the bosses. I don't remember which one but I would go with where you dps will be focusing during burn time.