View Poll Results: Which race deserves some focus to develop there story?

Voters
385. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tauren

    42 10.91%
  • Troll

    8 2.08%
  • Gnome

    25 6.49%
  • Dwarf

    23 5.97%
  • Night Elf

    23 5.97%
  • Blood Elf

    36 9.35%
  • Orc

    11 2.86%
  • Human

    4 1.04%
  • Draenei

    150 38.96%
  • Pandaren

    2 0.52%
  • Forsaken

    32 8.31%
  • Goblin

    6 1.56%
  • Worgen

    23 5.97%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    well if by chance the next expansion concerns the burning legion I would surly hope it ties into the Draenei back-story involving Argus.

    If they feel the need to flush out a horde race they could go with the undead, as it is possible the Legion could be capable of manipulating the undead as arthas did(which would be great lorewise because sylvanas would undoubtedly require assistance from Ogrimmar to keep shit under control which could help unite the horde for the final battle .

  2. #142
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Even if you don't like the pandaren, and want to call them 'kung fu pandas,' MoP is far from an expansion about a single race. 5.1, 5.2, and siege of org are all big, non directly pandaren related developments.
    I calls it like i sees it, whale biologist.

    And I sees Pandas doing Kung Fu all over the place.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  3. #143
    Pandaren Monk Feral Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,906
    Call me bias, but the bilgewater cartel have little to no lore. Even the Gilneas / Worgen story had a pretty good back story and is still ongoing with the forsaken.
    Gnomeregan is pretty much in the same position as the Bilgewater Goblins.

    At least the Draenei / Blood Elves story continued throughout the Burning crusade expansion.

    My major gripe with lore development in Wow is there inability to reuse minor characters they have created. Nazgrim and Taylor are a great example of what Blizzard should be doing. Each faction should have better fleshed out military hierarchy. We should know the commanders. Need to break through the Alliance lines? Call in the Gob Squad. Want to send a message to the Horde? Send in Darius Crowley and his pack of Worgen to tear the Horde a new one. Instead they just create new generic leaders we don't care about.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    well if by chance the next expansion concerns the burning legion I would surly hope it ties into the Draenei back-story involving Argus.

    If they feel the need to flush out a horde race they could go with the undead, as it is possible the Legion could be capable of manipulating the undead as arthas did(which would be great lorewise because sylvanas would undoubtedly require assistance from Ogrimmar to keep shit under control which could help unite the horde for the final battle .
    Malganis + taking over forsaken = fun story, but not necessarily linked with Burning Legion. Not right away anyways. Mal'ganis wants revenge for himself.

  5. #145
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Call me bias, but the bilgewater cartel have little to no lore.
    Bilgewater Goblins specifically are all over the place post-cata. Felwood, Twilight Highlands, Orgrimmar, Azshara, Ashenvale, to name a few. Worgen get a town in Blasted Lands, a couple of places in Felwood and a few quests in Duskwood; that's about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Even the Gilneas / Worgen story had a pretty good back story and is still ongoing with the forsaken.
    Not really; the entire Gilneas/Worgen story was pretty much only to the benefit of the Forsaken. The Worgen story is only ongoing insofar as one uses their imagination to picture the Battle of Gilneas BG as being the actual battle for Gilneas.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.

  6. #146
    Pandaren Monk Feral Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Bilgewater Goblins specifically are all over the place post-cata. Felwood, Twilight Highlands, Orgrimmar, Azshara, Ashenvale, to name a few. Worgen get a town in Blasted Lands, a couple of places in Felwood and a few quests in Duskwood; that's about it.
    Sure they are all over the place but do you really think they have much substance?

    Not the best example but have a look a the Goblin wowpedia page.
    Its pretty fucking pissy.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Bilgewater_Cartel

  7. #147
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,268
    Draenei for sure. They deserve the spotlight if it's a BL expansion up next.

  8. #148
    Humans are the superior race, and should be highlighted in the next expansion.

    I'm surprised that tauren and orcs got any votes, seeing as how they are blood thirsty murderers.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  9. #149
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

    I'm surprised that tauren and orcs got any votes, seeing as how they are blood thirsty murderers.
    Who isn't a bloodthirsty murderer at this point? That's right no one.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  10. #150
    Undead
    Blood Elves
    Dranei
    Gnomes
    Night elves

  11. #151
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,558
    Unfucking night elves would nice. First step would be having Tyrande die a hilariously humiliating death and replacing her with somebody competent. If having gnomes rounded up and grilled in a massive fire created by warlocks is considered development, then that too.

  12. #152
    Warchief Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fighting for the Alliance because yay alliance *Half-arsed cheer*
    Posts
    2,088
    Draenei, worgen and faction pandaren (Houjin/tushui).

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    Draenei, worgen and faction pandaren (Houjin/tushui).
    Actually, specifying the faction Pandaren is a pretty good point. They're completely irrelevant outside of their starting experiences.

  14. #154
    Don't even like em but still voted Gnome. They continue to feel like and afterthought.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

  15. #155
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,605
    Should've been multi-choice imo. Went with Trolls because what do we -really- learn about them other than they have voodoo and get killed a lot? From Vanilla until the Zandalar we really never learned anything about them lorewise.
    Twas brillig

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    Don't even like em but still voted Gnome. They continue to feel like and afterthought.
    Because they are afterthought...

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Unfucking night elves would nice. First step would be having Tyrande die a hilariously humiliating death and replacing her with somebody competent. If having gnomes rounded up and grilled in a massive fire created by warlocks is considered development, then that too.
    Trips while doing battle in her high heels and ceremonial priestess garb and impales herself in the throat with an arrow while drowning in a puddle of mud. She asks Elune for a prayer of healing and Elune says "you let me down, dear, you let me down".

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Trips while doing battle in her high heels and ceremonial priestess garb and impales herself in the throat with an arrow while drowning in a puddle of mud. She asks Elune for a prayer of healing and Elune says "you let me down, dear, you let me down".
    How can she impale herself on an arrow if she's out of arrows?

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    How can somebody even vote for Blood Elves after patch 5.1 and 5.2?
    Given that it will be them and Draenei not getting new models and that they are overshadowed due to being in a non-matching faction, they need a strong leverage to stand their ground as a race. In addition to that, they require some respect after all those immature comments about them being gay and all.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Sure they are all over the place but do you really think they have much substance?

    Not the best example but have a look a the Goblin wowpedia page.
    Its pretty fucking pissy.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Bilgewater_Cartel
    Goblins in general are deeply woven into the WoW lore, we have a lot of lore all over the place it just isn't only the Bilgewater Cartel. Still Goblins are around everywhere even in Pandaria.

    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Given that it will be them and Draenei not getting new models and that they are overshadowed due to being in a non-matching faction, they need a strong leverage to stand their ground as a race. In addition to that, they require some respect after all those immature comments about them being gay and all.
    No, just no. Belfs have a lot of lore from Wc 1-3 to fall back on, they had an entire expansion to themselves with the other race not being of importance at all and the worst fit in WoW history and now they get several patches dedicated to them. They are done, other races should get their time in the focus now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •