Poll: Which race deserves some focus to develop there story?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Draenei is very weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Nonsense?
    Lor'themar and the Blood Elves are one of the key races during the 5.1 storyline particularly with the Purge of Dalaran and Lor'themar's objections with Garrosh. 5.2 is also giving us a new Blood Elf faction and supporting story which further deals with Lor'themar and Garrosh. We've also got Blood of the Highborne being set for later this year.
    He means he's just rambling, what he's saying is nonsense because he's just talking. He's not calling Blood Elf lore nonsense.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes, Tauren, Night Elves, Dwarves, Forsaken, Worgen and Goblins need more lore focus, but the race which needs more focus than anyone is Draenei.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Deleted
    Draenei. They cant be considered as new race at this point of time, and as I feel bad for Gnomes, Dwarves, Taurens and Trolls, I think Draenei would be most interesting one.

I'd say that every race needs more focus. The Forsaken, however, don't need as much focus as the other races; they merely need their 'situation' resolved.
    Humans and orcs can take a back seat for once.

Draenei will likely receive a shit ton of lore development once we get a Burning Legion expansion.

I'd like to see the forsaken vs worgen storyline continue. Genn Greymane and his Gilnean followers sailing back to Gilneas, trying to reclaim it with the help of the Alliance. But Sylvanas will get aid of the Horde in order to fend them off.

We'd get human + worgen + dwarves + gnomes VS forsaken + orcs + blood elves + goblins, similiar like their battle in Krasarang.

Maybe also Night Elves given how they haven't actually had any lore that makes them a respectable race for a while .
    They never will either, solution is no more Night Elf lore, period. 3 expansions with nothing at all and some token appearances with NPCs like the Draenei is perfect for them.

Tauren and Dwarves is my selection for Horde and Alliance respectively.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Draenei will likely receive a shit ton of lore development once we get a Burning Legion expansion.
    I get why people think this but, the Draenei's track record when it comes to dealing with the Legion has been run, run, run, get slaughtered. They need new lore indeed but it should be more about integrating into Azeroth, not "Draineye teech u how 4 fite leejun" guide. Races on Azeroth have far more experience actually fighting them as it stands. I don't think that's a good angle for their lore, but knowing how bad racial lore development is, it probably will be so.

Deleted
    2. Worgen
    Here is your Lore.

"You're cursed Humans, and you lost your home, deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

I get why people think this but, the Draenei's track record when it comes to dealing with the Legion has been run, run, run, get slaughtered. They need new lore indeed but it should be more about integrating into Azeroth, not "Draineye teech u how 4 fite leejun" guide. Races on Azeroth have far more experience actually fighting them as it stands. I don't think that's a good angle for their lore, but knowing how bad racial lore development is, it probably will be so.
    Well, in my case at least, it's not the expectation of the Draenei "teaching" other races to fight the Legion. Actually, I think you're mistaken to assume that that is where everyone's hope for Draenei-Legion lore stems from.

What it is is the desire to see the race that has been "run, run, run, get slaughtered" turn and make a stand to defend the world they care about, this time, and become the driving force behind Velen's envisioned "Army of the Light." They don't need to teach the other races how to fight, but they need to fight for themselves this time, and I want to see the courage and development that will come from that. I want to see them finally turn and fight what they have been running from, and I want to see that courage spread to the res of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Every race that isn't human, orc, Forsaken or blood elf is more than deserving of getting some substantial lore development. In the case of the Kaldorei though, lore damage control is needed more than development. Thisalee Crow for racial leader 2014!

The race that most deserves it would be the draenei, in my opinion. Blizzard needs to make an effort to develop them, considering they made the decision to add them to the game in their current, playable form. The Argus expansion that I've had blue-balls over for years might be able to provide that with any luck.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-02-21 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well, in my case at least, it's not the expectation of the Draenei "teaching" other races to fight the Legion. Actually, I think you're mistaken to assume that that is where everyone's hope for Draenei-Legion lore stems from.
    I don't think Draenei/Legion lore should be the focus at all. Draenei need something beyond the Legion as a primer for writing about them but because writers are thick and the Draenei aren't Horde, it was clearly difficult for cdev to give draenei any meaningful lore, even in Cataclysm when elements are raging and the Draenei have proven themselves capable and powerful Shaman, they got token presence in Earthen Ring, and nothing more. Still, look how Varian Wrynn "teaches" other Alliance races how to do things they already know how to do and should know how to do better. Suck writing and Alliance story development are inseparable.

What it is is the desire to see the race that has been "run, run, run, get slaughtered" turn and make a stand to defend the world they care about, this time, and become the driving force behind Velen's envisioned "Army of the Light." They don't need to teach the other races how to fight, but they need to fight for themselves this time, and I want to see the courage and development that will come from that. I want to see them finally turn and fight what they have been running from, and I want to see that courage spread to the res of Azeroth.
    Which basically goes to what I'm saying, integrating into the World, not treating Azeroth as a brief stop over but rather a new home, and standing alongside it against any threat, not just the Legion. When the Cataclysm started Velen suggested fleeing. That shouldn't be even a consideration when the next big bad rolls into the evil limelight on Azeroth and it doesn't need a stomach churning Army of Light to work out either. Strong bonds with the Alliance and a mutual respect rivalry with whatever new Horde comes out of the end of this expansion.

Here is your Lore.

"You're cursed Humans, and you lost your home, deal with it."
    Should've done that with the Forsaken. "you're undead humans, no one likes you, go back into your crypts".

In the case of the Kaldorei though, lore damage control is needed more than development. Thisalee Crow for racial leader 2014!
    They can't do it, damage control will result in more damage. And no bloody druids please. Druids need to go back to sleep.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-02-21 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All!! Why would Blizzard promote racism?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    All!! Why would Blizzard promote racism?
    because lol@Alliance is criteria for cdev?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taurens n Night Elves, mybe also bring Moonglade back to some relevance like Dalaran

I don't think Draenei/Legion lore should be the focus at all. Draenei need something beyond the Legion as a primer for writing about them but because writers are thick and the Draenei aren't Horde, it was clearly difficult for cdev to give draenei any meaningful lore, even in Cataclysm when elements are raging and the Draenei have proven themselves capable and powerful Shaman, they got token presence in Earthen Ring, and nothing more.

Which basically goes to what I'm saying, integrating into the World, not treating Azeroth as a brief stop over but rather a new home, and standing alongside it against any threat, not just the Legion. When the Cataclysm started Velen suggested fleeing. That shouldn't be even a consideration when the next big bad rolls into the evil limelight on Azeroth and it doesn't need a stomach churning Army of Light to work out either. Strong bonds with the Alliance and a mutual respect rivalry with whatever new Horde comes out of the end of this expansion.
    Well, I wasn't disagreeing with you about the direction Draenei lore should take-- the points on which we disagree seems to be 1.) people who want Draenei-Legion lore want it because "Draenei should teach the other races how to fight the Legion and 2.) Draenei shouldn't have lore focus related to the Legion.

And I'm sorry that the idea of the Army of the Light is "stomach churning," but that seems to be the direction Blizzard is hinting at-- removing the warmongering Horde leader, stressing the importance of unity through Pandaria and Wrathion's dialogue, bringing more "racially tolerant" leaders to the forefront... we don't have to like it to see the implications and accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well, I wasn't disagreeing with you about the direction Draenei lore should take-- the points on which we disagree seems to be 1.) people who want Draenei-Legion lore want it because "Draenei should teach the other races how to fight the Legion and 2.) Draenei shouldn't have lore focus related to the Legion.
    I am not really commenting on what people want, I am commenting on Blizzard's track record for writing total tripe when it comes to racial lore, specifically Alliance races. I need only point out Varian Wrynn, coming out of nowhere and suddenly wiser than everyone else, teaching them "lessons". I don't hold out much hope for cdev writing Draenei/Legion lore that doesn't come off like that. It's nearly impossible to believe that a race which did little during the years since BC but aid the Alliance in token support would suddenly be the catalyst for unity...

And I'm sorry that the idea of the Army of the Light is "stomach churning," but that seems to be the direction Blizzard is hinting at-- removing the warmongering Horde leader, stressing the importance of unity through Pandaria and Wrathion's dialogue, bringing more "racially tolerant" leaders to the forefront... we don't have to like it to see the implications and accept them.
    Messianic battles of oblivion are terribly droll. The idea of unity is fine. Calling it the Army of Light and specifically his vision makes me want to hurl. Fortunately his visions are just that, visions with no guaranteed tie to events as they will play out. Cause if they are we need to accept his vision of the second coming of the scourge annihilating all life on Azeroth...

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's face it, Blood Elves are everyones favorite race, even if they won't admit it publicly. They need more lore!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    They can't do it, damage control will result in more damage. And no bloody druids please. Druids need to go back to sleep.
    Well, sure, Thisalee is a druid, but she's more vicious and hardboiled than any night elf we've seen in years! Fandral was the last shadow of WC3 night elves and Blizzard bumped him off.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-02-21 at 06:33 PM.

Draenei. And lore separate from the Legion so they aren't 1 trick ponies anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Let's face it, Blood Elves are everyones favorite race, even if they won't admit it publicly. They need more lore!
    second favourite* and they are getting great lore now. Too much and they will end up with dung like night elves. We don't want that. I need my fallback should they decide to keep putting out more manure labelled "Night elf story development"