Attack Power Vs Agility Enchants from Professions?

Hello,

My main is an Assassination Rogue.

Main Profs are engineering and JC.

Armory
    Angelimorti - Ravenholdt Server

Engi Enchants are on my gloves Armory just seems to be buggy...

This is the only class I have played since I started WoW near the end of wrath. I feel I know this class well and I play it well. I dont claim to be pro but I feel I play it very well which has had a lot of people ask me to raid with them on my server since I do try and end up doing very well on the DPS meters for boss fights (Always good for single target....but that's an assassination thing)

Reason for this post is I have tried to research this but haven't got much of a clear answer.

I got in an argument with a guildie today who has never played a rogue trying to tell me that engineering is trash and tailoring is better.

I have the Synapse Springs Engineer enchant on my gloves. They give me the extra 1920 agility for 10 seconds once every minute.

My guildie was telling me the Tailoring only enchant Swordguard Embroidery was better then the synapse springs enchant - It gives 4000 AP proc for 15 seconds. With an ICD of 50 or so seconds on the proc..im not sure.

After reading a lot of sites I am under the impression that the Engi enchant is better then the Tailoring one.

Is this true. I am not a mechanics buff, Ive never delved deep into these things but I use Icyveins, mmo-champ, wowpopular and elitest jerks for a learning resource. (Id love to learn more however).

How does AP work compared to base stat buffs like Agility? Which is better? The Swordgaurd (4000 AP random Proc for 15 secs) or the Synapse Springs (1920 agility guaranteed every 1 min for 10 secs).

Could someone break it down for me? I read that Synapse buff stacks with other buffs but swordguard AP buff don't?

Pretty much whats the bottom line here? Thats what I'm looking for with a but of a mechanics breakdown if no one minds (a little mathematics I suppose lol)

Or I could just tell him that once he makes a rogue and learns how to play it then he can get back to me on his opinions lol...

Thank you for reading and responding.
    Last edited by jpsgaming; 2013-02-21 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us...dt/angelimorti

"Auto reforge all", Optimize gems, switch Engineering for Tailoring in the JC space, change cloak enchant, re-optimize reforging, check results: ShadowCraft is modeling the cloak enchant as... 127 DPS ahead of the glove enchant for you. Yes, the tailoring enchant replaces the cloak enchant, while the glove enchant co-exists with your glove enchant. No, you don't get to keep all the other useful gadgets like nitro boosts and Jeeves if you switch professions. Is 127/87,874.4 (0.1445%) DPS worth switching professions and losing goodies? Only you can actually decide that, but I'd say "hell no". I think I get that 127 DPS out of the times Nitro Boosts either save my life or get me to a boss 1 second more quickly.

Also if you ever play Sub, the engineering is far ahead.

The above poster said exactly what i was going to.

Something else to add, the engineering gloves let you choose when you use them while the tailoring does not. if youre the type to micromanage you will get more mileage out of them.

Also please note that you can get more than 130 dps by using frag belt and throwing the bomb on cooldown, and that shadowcraft makes conservative assumptions when it comes to stacking buffs. Since you can delay your gloves to get a bit extra out of them, I would say that alone tops 127 dps.

Awesome thanks for the replys.

I agree I am not going to give up my engineer enchants... they have literally saved my life to many times...

The parachute..which is now the Goblin glider has saved my ass many times alone lol.

I have the force field on my belt..in Pandaria today 18K Absorb may not sound like much but its saved me a few times on AOE stuff or from a ganking from an Alli on my server.

I may try the frag belt addon. Did not think of that.

I also like controlling the Proc of my engi enchant.

Ill give that tool you posted above a try. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Also please note that you can get more than 130 dps by using frag belt and throwing the bomb on cooldown, and that shadowcraft makes conservative assumptions when it comes to stacking buffs. Since you can delay your gloves to get a bit extra out of them, I would say that alone tops 127 dps.
    Bored hunter here:

Synapse springs > Swordguard embroidery

Also you can use the frag bomb in aoe scenarios netting a lot of free damage. Here is my H sha kill that I ranked 198 SV hunter on. It would've been higher, but with the Asian servers having inflated ilvls and having 300+ hunters being more geared than me on US alone makes it alright I guess.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e.../?s=409&e=1271

P2: Cobalt Frag Bomb 2,106,834 damage. Yeah 2 million free damage in an 862 second time frame netting 2444.12296984 dps. That's pretty big.

Go engineering or go home I say

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

THank you kind bored hunter.

I am going to tinker on that frag belt and give it a go.