GTA V propagation

Hello guys,

so I am trying to get a new job and I was invited for a job interview for manager of a gaming e-shop. All went pretty good, but now they asked me to make a propagation for GTA V presale. I am struggling with comming up with some original ideas, outside the standard things like contest on community and gaming websites with an advertisement for this particular e-shop, facebook promotions.

I was also thinking about trying to do some sponsored interviews with developers, but I dunno how to connect it with the campaign itself...

I'd like to find some really cool and original way how to do it.. Have you ever expirienced something like this? Maybe you could share your expirience with this or suggest me some original things. I'd be glad for any idea which could help me getting the job.

Thank you very much.

Grimbold

Deleted
    Viral video can be pretty original if you can do it right. Maybe copy elements from the trailer, and reenact them downtown prague, or other places that people are familiar with and somehow make a punchline that says you could just have bought it online at "gaming e-shop".
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2013-02-21 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    QUICK do a Harlem Shake video about it. There's only about 3 more days until something else comes along and it's forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    QUICK do a Harlem Shake video about it. There's only about 3 more days until something else comes along and it's forgotten!
    I'm glad I still don't know what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'm glad I still don't know what it is.
    It's just as stupid as you are thinking, you aren't missing much. I discovered it the other day.

Conspire that the reason Rockstar delayed the game was that they could make it for the PS4 debut.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call myself a hardcore GTA fan but I have played most of the games. When I think of GTA, images like these first pop in my head:

Nostalgia is huge in the US, and I'm sure it translates just as well within the gaming community of Prague. Obviously GTA has many titles and they span decades. Personally I think it would be cool to incorporate some stuff from the older days in some sort of creative way.

I wouldn't call myself a hardcore GTA fan but I have played most of the games. When I think of GTA, images like these first pop in my head:

Nostalgia is huge in the US, and I'm sure it translates just as well within the gaming community of Prague. Obviously GTA has many titles and they span decades. Personally I think it would be cool to incorporate some stuff from the older days in some sort of creative way.
    what is this "stuff" you speak of? because from what ive seen from the original game, they've incorporated pretty much the core "stuff" of the original game while bringing realism into the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    what is this "stuff" you speak of? because from what ive seen from the original game, they've incorporated pretty much the core "stuff" of the original game while bringing realism into the world.
    I'm saying in terms of marketing and advertising, which is what he is asking our opinion on. I don't think he's asking our opinion on how to design GTA V.

In other words, a graphic like that would catch my attention a lot faster than a picture of CJ running San Andreas would.

[IMG]http://megagames.com/sites/default/files/game-content-images/grand-theft-auto-10.jpg[IMG]

I think you spend too much time reading MMO-C hearing people talk about how they miss the old WoW, because nostalgia isn't THAT huge. I bet most of the kids these days have only played more recent grand theft autos, the new 3D ones, and the picture that pops into your head would be a reference no one gets lol.

No really though, it's bad to post something that's had so much of a renovation and different look from what kind of game you're expecting the new thing to be. That'd be like advertising the new release of an iPad by posting some old Apple desktop from 1999 or something.

Deleted
    Seriously just posters and more posters. More people will see a poster more potential customers you will get. Don't go into some creative video/interview bullshit, bet you don't have time nor money and with posters you can't go wrong.

If the shop got money you could even put some very short commercial notification on the radio I guess local TV would be pushing it.
    Last edited by mmoc3745942798; 2013-02-22 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I think you spend too much time reading MMO-C hearing people talk about how they miss the old WoW, because nostalgia isn't THAT huge. I bet most of the kids these days have only played more recent grand theft autos, the new 3D ones, and the picture that pops into your head would be a reference no one gets lol.

No really though, it's bad to post something that's had so much of a renovation and different look from what kind of game you're expecting the new thing to be. That'd be like advertising the new release of an iPad by posting some old Apple desktop from 1999 or something.
    That would be acceptable if they were showcasing how far the series has come.

Thank you for your opinions. The viral video could be pretty awesome.

Cheekin: it's just theoretical, posters are pretty standart, but they want me to come up with something crazy and inovative..