10+ Year Old Account

H Protectors 10m last phase

Hi,

My guild has been stuck on the last phase on this fight for a few raid nights now, and I'm looking for some suggestions on how we can kill this boss. We die around the same point every time - when the second corrupted waters spawns.

Comp:
    Guardian druid
    Frost dk
    Ret pally
    Holy pally
    Disc priest
    Ele sham (goes resto if we want to 3 heal - we usually 2 heal)
    Moonkin
    Aff lock
    Surv hunter
    Fire mage

Our first and foremost problem is p3 is taking way too long because we are wasting a ton of dps killing those adds. None of our classes can really burst them down every 7 seconds, so we have 2 or 3 ranged help on every one. I guess my first question is, if the mage went arcane, can he viably and easily solo all the adds in p3 with 9 stacks? (I heard a rumor of this being a thing). He has little to no arcane experience, so that's why I've been hesitant to get him to try it.

Second issue is with interrupts. We just.... Need to be better at it.

How do people handle corruoted waters? Does everyone switch? Just ranged? Just melee?

Thanks a bunch!

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/237263/

Quote Originally Posted by subtletuna View Post
    Hi,

My guild has been stuck on the last phase on this fight for a few raid nights now, and I'm looking for some suggestions on how we can kill this boss. We die around the same point every time - when the second corrupted waters spawns.

Comp:
    Guardian druid
    Frost dk
    Ret pally
    Holy pally
    Disc priest
    Ele sham (goes resto if we want to 3 heal - we usually 2 heal)
    Moonkin
    Aff lock
    Surv hunter
    Fire mage

Our first and foremost problem is p3 is taking way too long because we are wasting a ton of dps killing those adds. None of our classes can really burst them down every 7 seconds, so we have 2 or 3 ranged help on every one. I guess my first question is, if the mage went arcane, can he viably and easily solo all the adds in p3 with 9 stacks? (I heard a rumor of this being a thing). He has little to no arcane experience, so that's why I've been hesitant to get him to try it.

Second issue is with interrupts. We just.... Need to be better at it.

How do people handle corruoted waters? Does everyone switch? Just ranged? Just melee?

Thanks a bunch!

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/237263/
    Tell your hunter to use either fervor or ToTH. Dire beast doesn't scale with the damage buff you get.

Looking at one of your good attempts the stacks are a bit odd. How does the healer have 2 stacks and 2 dps only have 6?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6890&e=7326

I'm not sure what your dk is doing, but 68k dps on kaolan at the start isn't that great.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...7092&target=41

He needs to fix whatever is wrong.

Your lock and boomkin are both more than qualified to handle adds. Have your lock glyph for the 70% slow and then he can soul burn to slow subsequent adds once it starts to speed up. Have them get stacks at the start up to a good amount. I think my 10 man group had them get 2 stacks at the start. If I think of anything else I'll post it here.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:39 PM ----------

Your dk needs to step his game up, no joke. He didn't use AMS at all during that fight. It is an invaluable tool. Be it to mitigate something to receive RP to do more dps, or to negate lightning prison (use it before the actual debuff gets put on you and he doesn't get affected by it). He needs to use his tools and needs to do more dps.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:45 PM ----------

You also need to 2 heal this fight with 3 heals you won't be able to put out the necessary dps requirements. You know who has interrupts, what are they doing with them?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry i wouls format this better with quotes but doing all that from my phone is a pain
    Stacks have been like this:
    g1: me (lock) and guardian
    G2: mage/hunter
    g3: moonkin/ele
    G4: melee
    G5: healers
    Stacks: 33 663 7763 8886 99999
    We usually push p3 right as group 4 is getting their stacks, that's why they had low stacks on that parse. The healers are there ad a safety net to soak any at that point.

Thanks for advice regarding dk and hunter. I'll chit chat with them pre raid today

I solo adds until p3 no problem. Once p3 starts I become almost useless because shard starvation due to CoEx and my ramp up time is too slow. Had hunter and Moonkin try to do adds from there

Sorry i wouls format this better with quotes but doing all that from my phone is a pain
    Stacks have been like this:
    g1: me (lock) and guardian
    G2: mage/hunter
    g3: moonkin/ele
    G4: melee
    G5: healers
    Stacks: 33 663 7763 8886 99999
    We usually push p3 right as group 4 is getting their stacks, that's why they had low stacks on that parse. The healers are there ad a safety net to soak any at that point.

Thanks for advice regarding dk and hunter. I'll chit chat with them pre raid today

I solo adds until p3 no problem. Once p3 starts I become almost useless because shard starvation due to CoEx and my ramp up time is too slow. Had hunter and Moonkin try to do adds from there
    If any of your dps demonstrate that they are better than the hunter you should really have them getting stacks first simply because hunters have pets. Every stack instead of gaining 10% dps they are gaining ~8.5%.

If your mage has the gear and the know how they should go arcane. Fire has cleave damage so they might look like they are doing good, but looking strictly at how fast you can finish the encounter arcane is by far the best. 70k of his dps killing kaolan was wasted dps and nearly 60k of his dps was wasted killing regail. So ~65k of his dps was wasted throughout the fight. So his big 178k dps was really ~110k which is under the hunter which benefits negatively compared to the other dps from stacks and since they were gaining stacks at the same time the mage should been way ahead. It really looks like all your dps could fix themselves now that I look at it.

So you may have to chat with the whole raid by the looks of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have an interupt rotation with the tank and 2 melee, they were better toward the end of the night.

I realize the mage's damage is padded, but that's how they roll on this fight, when fire. The main reason I asked about arcane was because I heard rumors that they could literally stand there and solo nuke adds in p3.

I based who gets what stacks and when on the first night of attempts average damage on kaolan, cuz initially we were having trouble with the dps requirement of getting him dead before 8 sha stacks. Putting the tank up there really helped.

We have an interupt rotation with the tank and 2 melee, they were better toward the end of the night.

I realize the mage's damage is padded, but that's how they roll on this fight, when fire. The main reason I asked about arcane was because I heard rumors that they could literally stand there and solo nuke adds in p3.

I based who gets what stacks and when on the first night of attempts average damage on kaolan, cuz initially we were having trouble with the dps requirement of getting him dead before 8 sha stacks. Putting the tank up there really helped.
    I was just saying your mage could speed up the encounter just by going arcane. Arcane is OP now so their damage could be much higher than it was as fire. Arcane also has really good burst, going into the last phase if your mage has arcane power glyphed they will burst for so much it's not even funny. They should really go arcane for that fight tbh. It could make or break the kill.

Have the other available interrupts interrupt regail (hunter, mage, ele shaman etc.) You need to interrupt both asani and regail when the currupted water thing is up they spam cast their abilities with a ~1.1 second cast time. A LOT of lightning bolts went out.

Also your healers should't be wasting their mana dispelling. Your hunter can glyph tranq shot so it has no cost and can dispel every water buff. Your healers need their mana.

You need a fourth interrupt because the tank should be interrupting lightning bolt from regail, and 3 dedicated interrupters for asani - might as well put the elemental shaman in the rotation.

The mage should be spellstealing the cleansing waters since it heals him for a lot - works extremely well if he gets the touch of koalan on him.

We used a affliction warlock and a survival hunter on the adds all throughout the fight, hunter had double ice traps running to slow the adds.

Edit : everyone but the add killers should switch to the corrupted waters, for interrupts here you almost have to pre-cast unless you have godly ms.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    You need a fourth interrupt because the tank should be interrupting lightning bolt from regail, and 3 dedicated interrupters for asani - might as well put the elemental shaman in the rotation.

The mage should be spellstealing the cleansing waters since it heals him for a lot - works extremely well if he gets the touch of koalan on him.

We used a affliction warlock and a survival hunter on the adds all throughout the fight, hunter had double ice traps running to slow the adds.

Edit : everyone but the add killers should switch to the corrupted waters, for interrupts here you almost have to pre-cast unless you have godly ms.
    The mage shouldn't be doing anything with cleansing waters. You can stand inside the waters before the heal goes off and get the buff, so doing that would just be wasting a spellsteal, a GCD and mana. A hunter should just tranq shot it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed it last night - thanks for the help! The key was getting the mage to go arcane because OP :P.

Here's the kill vid from my PoV for no reason in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7Dn5PF8iK_Q

Cheers

Deleted
    We use a spriest (me) and a boomkin to do adds throughout the whole fight. We stack in 4 groups.

A3
    B3
    C3
    A6
    B6
    C6
    A8
    B8
    c8
    A9
    B9
    C9
    D9

A is our team on the adds.
    B is our 'highest' dps
    C is DPS
    D is Hunter and Tank

Hunter assigned to dispels.
    Melee/Shaman assigned to interrupts. 3 players in total.

We use a system where one person from each group will call there letter and the amount of stacks as they stack up so we dont miss the changes.

We have an area designated for standing to gain stacks.

In P1 its petty easy going on the adds. This phase just takes ages due to high boss hp and lack of stacks.
    In P2 adds are coming slightly quicker. We will call for assistance on adds for the following reasons:
    Lightning Storm - easier for everyone to one insta cast one shot it.
    Lightning debuff thing - small stun
    In P3 we roll dots on the boss and have all ranged DPS on adds. This is to stack our D group up to 9, melee will stay on boss and nuke and interrupt. When the boss hits about 50-60% or we reach 9 stacks on all, we stop on adds, and focus boss.

It can be tricky to learn p3 cos it can be very pressured and everything is happening at break neck speed, and we still have wipes on this boss, but stick with it.

As a shadow, I remove my MF glyph so the slow is back, just in case boomkin stunned or something.
    We also have a lock playing afflic who is emergency slower as well (70% is nice but not really needed).