[Arcane Tips] - Lei Shi and Sha of Fear (Normal)

I'll pose this in the form of what I think I should do (to show I'm knowledgeable of what I should be doing); please correct me if I'm wrong!

Lei Shi

a) Glyph Arcane Explosion to keep stacks up during hide
    b) During Get Away, spam scorch while moving forward inside the rune, refresh NT INSIDE the rune, use arcane missle procs in the rune (if I get pushed back do I lose the 15% bonus)?

Sha of Fear

a) During spray on the platforms, stand in the dead center to avoid getting hit and losing uptime
    b) Use Temporal Shield during Death Blossom to get healed up to avoid hiding
    c) Dot adds on main platform after getting Fearless (without rune is ok); if responsible for killing adds, perform as normal
    d) Place rune halfway between the light and non-light (to avoid getting feared/taking dmg from bolts) by side-stepping

Am I missing anything else? Thank you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 12:11 AM ----------

hello 10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't have much to add, sounds ok.

During Get Away, I typically try to avoid taking too much damage so I run forward to her with Scorch and then use Blast/Missiles while she is pushing me away, after which I blink forward to my Rune.

On Sha, I typically avoid attacking the small adds because of the gcd required to set down my rune. And when I get the buff after Crackle, I definitely use it to dps the boss, not bothering with the adds.

For death lotus I use Greater Invisibility and for the Spray I have the human racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the Lei Shi.

For Sha, I run 10 man. Which means, I'm on adds if not sent to the pillar. I still use arcane with the rune. The fight isn't that much of a dps race, it's more of steady as you go get the adds down to help heals (we run 2 healers), and dps the boss in between.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

d) Place rune halfway between the light and non-light (to avoid getting feared/taking dmg from bolts) by side-stepping

I didnt understand why you position the rune that way, why not put the entire rune inside the light ?

And on Lei-Shi, have your rune place rather close to center so you just spam scorch and redo nether tempest while on rune and refresh stacks only with arcane explosion so you dont get extra damage by doing arcane missiles or blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip for Sha, if you are picked up by the adds, you can still use Instant casts (Arcane explosion or your bomb) and place it on enemies. Place a DoT on Sha and Arcane Explosion and if you hit an add you can keep your stacks up for the Panda guy.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    I'll pose this in the form of what I think I should do (to show I'm knowledgeable of what I should be doing); please correct me if I'm wrong!

Lei Shi

b) During Get Away, spam scorch while moving forward inside the rune, refresh NT INSIDE the rune, use arcane missle procs in the rune (if I get pushed back do I lose the 15% bonus)?

Sha of Fear

a) During spray on the platforms, stand in the dead center to avoid getting hit and losing uptime
    c) Dot adds on main platform after getting Fearless (without rune is ok); if responsible for killing adds, perform as normal

hello 10char
    These are for normal, yeah?

If so:

Lei Shi (b): Fuck that, just do your rotation while either moving forward when you get too far to the back or put your back to a statue so you don't move at all. You'll take double damage, but it's Normal. Your healers should easily keep you up.

SoF (a): Dead center? Horrible tip. Stand in the green area (using Sha of Fear Assist addon) and next to another segment, but still primarily in green. Once the other area next to you gets hit, swap to it. Keep a RoP on both sides (connect them; they'll be close enough)

SoF (b): Use Lockrocks if you have a Warlock as well. Just TS will hurt you pretty bad. Ice Block works as well here.

SoF (c): If using NT, they actually take 0 damage from it if you're standing in front of them, unlike other DoTs. Highly recommend using LB for this fight for that reason alone (though I'm not sure about the explosion). Mage DoTs suck.

SoF (d): Or put two runes side to side in the light so you don't have to step out of the light...?

Also, let me add one more: SoF (e): You can continue your rotation when you get Ominous Cackle provided you never stop casting (using any instants would send you). You'll get teleported shortly after, so this will save your stacks. Another thing is to cast an ABL or AE after you get cackled and then as soon as you land on the platform, use AM if you can and immediately stop casting just to keep your stacks up. Keeping your 6-stack after a cackle is one of the most irritating things about this fight.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-02-24 at 04:48 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post

Lei Shi

Sha of Fear

hello 10char
    I actually prefer glyph of iceblock here, those 3 seconds where you aren't taking any magic damage are awesome and will let you get off a full arcane missiles with no damage (and on that phase you need damage fast). If my stack is in jeopardy of falling at this point in the fight, i'll cast missiles for a second and then move, it cancels the spell, but let's you keep the stacks, which IMO is a dps increase. Obviously, you want to switch to whichever water elemental your group is targeting fast enough that you keep your stacks too (it's important that they die fast).

NT in the rune is definitely a good idea, to be honest tho, it's only a 15% increase on that one, as for hard casting during getaway, I'd try to avoid it unless you're definitely at high health (and u got CD's or a health stone if things go bad). Improved invis is also good for getting in a missiles hard cast in that phase.

For Sha of fear, I use improved invis for death blossom for the same thing you use temporal shield, I may have to try out temporal shield for that fight tho. I haven't tried the staying in the center trick, does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I actually prefer glyph of iceblock here, those 3 seconds where you aren't taking any magic damage are awesome and will let you get off a full arcane missiles with no damage (and on that phase you need damage fast).
    For what? He's talking about two fights.

I'm assuming you mean Get Away, in which case, that's not really worth the glyph slot.

AE is near vital on LS to keep up your stacks during Hide so you can reach her from a further distance. Everyone uses Evo, and your third glyph is whatever you always use.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    For what? He's talking about two fights.

I'm assuming you mean Get Away, in which case, that's not really worth the glyph slot.

AE is near vital on LS to keep up your stacks during Hide so you can reach her from a further distance. Everyone uses Evo, and your third glyph is whatever you always use.
    Yeah, but you can generally tell where he is hiding by just looking at the animation and blinking there, whereas with Get Away, that extra survival CD can mean a whole lot in the get away phase.

Yeah, but you can generally tell where he is hiding by just looking at the animation and blinking there, whereas with Get Away, that extra survival CD can mean a whole lot in the get away phase.
    If you actually need extra survivability past TS/IB on Get Away, your healers are garbage and should be replaced o.o;

There's no other time of higher damage, so healer cooldowns are typically used on Get Away. Heroic lasts a bit longer, so this tip would be helpful there, but for Normal, it's just not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    If you actually need extra survivability past TS/IB on Get Away, your healers are garbage and should be replaced o.o;

There's no other time of higher damage, so healer cooldowns are typically used on Get Away. Heroic lasts a bit longer, so this tip would be helpful there, but for Normal, it's just not needed.
    Healers are bad? Yeah lol, tell me about it. I pug a lot too tho, but I never have a problem with finding the hiding spot. Alter time has come in quite handy for me during hide phases later on in the fight too. Rotating that with improved invis and glyphed ice block, your healers won't have to do much to keep you up.

Healers are bad? Yeah lol, tell me about it. I pug a lot too tho, but I never have a problem with finding the hiding spot. Alter time has come in quite handy for me during hide phases later on in the fight too. Rotating that with improved invis and glyphed ice block, your healers won't have to do much to keep you up.
    Oh well yeah if you're pugging that's a different issue.

I guess I'm too used to being in guild raids